“Just Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 22 hotels in Palm Desert
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Just Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

The grounds were immaculate! The staff was friendly, helpful and ready to be sure our stay was memorable. We will be going to Desert Breezes again and again. Maybe not in August, I could have enjoyed a little cooler weather but a dip in the pool resolved any heat challenge and the evening cooled off pleasantly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

It wasn't the best timeshare experience we had- AC is set and can't be controlled on a very hot day, service is a little slow but I have to compliment Jennifer and Bianca who took their time to call and tell me they found my remote car door opener which we lost. They even mailed it right away. Thanks! This timeshare is not far from the Joshua Tree National Park which we truly enjoyed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Langley City, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed here with my family's Timeshare - in the past we have stayed at the Westin in Rancho Mirage which is beautiful. We found Desert Breezes very out of date. The Pool was just okay--- they did not keep the pool very clean. We saw them clean the pool only once and we have been here all week. They do a lot of yard work - lawn mower and weed eating in the late morning around the pool - very annoying when you are trying to relax.
Late checking is practically impossible - there is an express check in that a huge pain cause you are dealing with the security guy. I would really appreciate a front desk at all hours.
The worst thing is that Facebook, MySpace and U Tube is blocked from use. They said that they have had viruses so they have blocked the most common websites. We keep in contact with our family and friends this way and we were really unhappy about this.
Also we could not control our air conditioning - very hot at night.
We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Out of Date, Internet Websites blocked.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Yorba Linda, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Stayed at this resort this summer with my family, actually had a decent time until the last day. Got up on our last day to a phone call from the front desk, telling us to please go check our truck because housekeeping stated it was broken into. I walked outside to see the side window of my Yukon XL smashed open and my golf clubs stolen out of the rear compartment. I went to the front desk to confirm that with the on duty manager, and they stated that three other vehicles were broken into that night, all found by housekeeping. I asked about security and the woman told me that there was a service that did drive bys twice a night, but didn't report anything and no one ever sees them. She said they have also have had units broken into and TVs stolen of late. I asked if management had done anything about it and she said no.
The front desk manager gave me the management company's card (Albert Association Management) and told me they would take care of everything. I had my auto insurance fix my truck asap, and I wrote a letter putting in a claim to the resorts insurance just for my golf clubs. To make a long story short, they sent me a brief email stating they were not liable, and would offer no assistance.
If I had known they had security problems, I would have never stayed there in the first place. Now that I know they aren't even doing anything to attempt to make their resort safe, I wouldn't advise ANYONE to ever stay there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Leicestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

We have just arrived back from two weeks at Desert Breezes. The apartments were fabulous. They were immaculately clean and I was amazed at the size of the queen bed. We were also very pleased with the service when our hot water wasn't working properly. We called reception and someone came out 2 minutes later, within 10 minutes we had hot water. The air-conditioning was a relief as the temperature outside was extremely hot at 115 degrees. The people were so friendly and helpful. We felt completely safe as the complex is well secured. A car and sat nav are a 'MUST HAVE' as all bars, restaurants, entertainment isn't within walking distance. Be aware that you only get automatic cars in America. My husband really struggled at first, it took him a few days to get used to it. Whilst we were there we went on the aerial tramway, this was a fantastic trip and I would recommend you do this. Also Boomers is a great place for teenagers and the Knotts Berry Water Park, there aren't many sun shades and it was extremely hot when we went. As we went in August some of the restaurants were closed for the season. We visited a few in the area and can highly recommend the "CHEESE CAKE FACTORY", which is in Cathedral city. The service and food was amazing. (Huge Portions) of delicious food. The Emperor Chinese Buffet, also in Cathedral City was very nice and good value for money. Mimi's - opposite the cheesecake factory was also very good. My husband and I like Indian food but the Americans are more inclined to go for the Mexican food. So Indian restaurants are few and far between. We took a trip to Venice Beach in Santa Monica which took us about two and a half hours. The beach was beautiful. All in all a great holiday. If I went back again I would probably go in April or May when it is a bit cooler.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Des Mioines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

My wife and I had never been to the Palm Springs area, especially in the summer. We found Desert Breezes to be very enjoyable. The unit was very nicely furnished, comfortable, and clean. The grounds were well maintained and attractive. We enjoyed the pool and jaccuzzi in the evenings. The resort is a "gated" facility with good security and quiet. The staff were pleasant and helpful also.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

We did a one-week timeshare exchange to stay at Desert Breezes. More than 10 years ago, we stayed there for a weekend, but had little recollection of the resort other than its location, which is at the south end of Palm Desert where it borders La Quinta and Bermuda Dunes. Our second-story unit had one large bedroom with ample closet & dresser space, a combination living room/dining room, full kitchen (coffee maker & filters were provided), balcony with a view over their pond (at least 4 sizable turtles living in it and climbing onto its banks every day). The bathroom had one sink but a good amount of countertop. The toilet & bathtub were in a separate room--tight clearance between the toilet and wall and a rather odd water control on the shower were our only complaints.
They have at least 3 pools--one is for adults only located next to the resort office, and is fairly small; a large pool is centrally located, and another large pool is at the clubhouse where there is a well-equipped exercise room. We took free water aerobics classes on three mornings (45 minues) with about 6 people who live in the homes & condos on the resort property (men and women). There are about 10 jacuzzis spread around the property adjacent to the units as well.
We like this end of the desert communities--Fred Waring Drive goes straight from the resort to the main Palm Desert shopping mall, movie theatres, restaurants and El Paseo--sort of a Rodeo Drive of the desert. It takes about 15 minutes to drive to this central district, which also has the wonderful Living Desert, a preserve & zoo attraction we've been going to for many years and which continues to evolve and grow. Admission was about $12 each for adults.
Closer to the resort is the corner of Washington St & Hwy 111, where there is one of the Las Casuelas Mexican restaurants (local chain) and the La Quinta Cliff House--a restaurant perched on a rock with great views and excellent food.
Palm Springs itself is about a 30-45 minute drive, so if your primary interest is in spending lots of time there, you might want to try Desert Isle, another timeshare resort we've stayed at that is at the southern tip of the City of Palm Springs.
We went into Palm Springs twice for dinner at Johnny Costas Ristorante, an old fashioned southern Italian place owned by the former private chef to Frank Sinatra. The food is authentic and top notch, and the service was great, too.
Behind the Westfield Mall in Palm Desert is the Palme d'Or Cinema (attached to the mall) which features mainstream films BUT also shows foreign films and art films. On a hot spring day, we cooled off and saw THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES, the 2010 Oscar winning Best Foreign Film.
Though we didn't do it this time, we normally drive north on Washington Street across the freeway to the Coachella Valley Preserve, an oasis of palms with ponds, nature trails and ridge hiking trails--pack lots of water & don't go in the heat of the day. It's free.
Desert Breezes has games & puzzles & books you can check out plus a putting green.
The resort was crowded over the Memorial Day weekend, but not so the rest of the week. Typically, temperatures are over 100 degrees by now, but only got into the 90s during our stay.
Important to note that after Memorial Day many things close for the summer--especially restaurants--and some attractions like the Living Desert open earlier and close earlier.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Desert Breezes Resort? Share your experiences!