“Lovely location, comfortable villas” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 25%
Ranked #7 of 22 hotels in Palm Desert
Santa Rosa, California
“Lovely location, comfortable villas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We have owned here since it was built and have used it for at least a week and for up to three weeks each year. The grounds are lovely and well maintained and there is a wide variety of locations of the units. Some overlook small lakes or waterfalls, some wide expanses of green grass from the golf course. All units are on the golf course (what isn't in Palm Desert??). Some units will give you morning sun, some afternoon. Some units are very close to the swimming pools, some are quite removed and more quiet. Inside, the units are all the same. There is a master suite that had a bedroom with a king bed, a large bath with a deep soaking tub and separate shower, laundry, full kitchen, living room and dining area. Then there is the "lock off", which is more like a studio, again with a king bed, a sofa bed, small table and chairs, a kitchenette and a large bath with a tub shower combo. If you have the two bedroom unit, the door between the lock off and the master is open. We were in one of the recently refurbished units which was a big improvement, the year before the unit was looking pretty shabby. By now, all of the units should be refurbished. This is a very popular resort and many people tend to bring very large groups to stay, often with many children. I have found that this tends to take a real toll on the units as far as wear and tear. The staff is very nice and always eager to provide any help needed. Whenever I have called housekeeping or maintenance, I am always pleased at how quickly they have responded.
This is a great location for family gatherings, golf trips, or just relaxing. It is my "recharge the batteries" trip each year. There is lots to do in the area or easy to just do nothing.

Room Tip: You can contact the pre-arrival team and request particular areas or ground floor or second floor...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

581 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom villa for a week which was very spacious and more than enough room for us. We wanted a second floor villa, but had to take steps as there was no elevator. That is the only bad thing I could say. Everything else was outstanding. The resort pool, exercise facility, hot tubs, all were beautifully maintained and easily accessible. The location was great, close to restaurants, grocery, casinos. The surrounding mountain view was beautiful. Staff very accommodating. Plenty of resort activities offered if you choose to join in on them. Concierge was full of great ideas for us. We did go to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and loved it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed in the one on the Jasmine Court, and it is very quite and beautiful. Once a while you might see golfer near your windows if you have the first floor unit. I enjoyed the hot tub and swimming pool couple nights by myself. The location is great near many supermarket, shopping mall and restaurants.
I mistakenly locked myself out and the hotel staff came very quickly to unlock the door for me. The only problem that I had is because I stayed in the studio room. The room doesn't have washer and dryer, and I have to do my laundry at the club house near the swimming pool. The room also doesn't have stove only come with a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker and toaster.
I can't wait to go back the Marriott's Palm Deserts Resort again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A friend and I stayed in the Villas II 9/26/12 to 9/30/12. We had a 2-bedroom suite which was very nice sized. The bedrooms, bath, kitchen and living area were all very well done. We were only using the villa as a bedroom as we were sightseeing the entire time. We also did not bother having midweek housekeeping. The view from our balcony was very nice. The grounds were all immaculate, and the resort itself was amazing to see on our short visit there. If there was a small negative, it was that the furnishings in the living areas was somewhat dated. Again, though, we were not in the room very much. The resort staff was pleasant to work with. We had no problems during our stay. We did not use room service or the spa.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
hilton head island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I will be the first to admit, when we were scheduled for a working vacation in Palm Desert I wasn't sure if I even wanted to go. Typically, my ideal vacation is on a beach. But, work was involved, kinda had to go, so I went with low expectations but trying to make the best of it. I was very pleasantly surprised!! The resort was gorgeous, the rooms very spacious, spotlessly clean, and comfortable. The beds were great, I loved the large bathrooms, and the views of the mountains behind the golf course was pretty spectacular. I enjoyed the pools, we spent a day at the JW Marriott spa (which is connected to the property) which was sublime. We definitely were some of the youngest people there, and we are early 40's, but it was fine, most of the older people were partying harder than we ever do!!

It doesn't have free daily housekeeping which is a bummer, and the rules were a little obscure regarding the use of JW Marriott amenities which was a little annoying. Other than those 2 things it was an excellent stay, and I might even go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm Desert, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this property and will NEVER stay here again. Spent one thousand dollars for a two BR villa for three nights. Chose this property because I am practicing to play in a golf tournament upon my return to Miami. I am a beginner golfer and was planning on using the driving range every day while here. They closed the driving range with no announcement beforehand to their guests. I went to the front desk to say how disappointed I was and they said they would see what they could do for me. They NEVER followed up. I finally called and spoke to a manager named Petra. She said too bad and there was nothing she was going to do for me except give me a break on my bike rental. Really? A thirty dollar break for a ruined trip?

I told them they should post on their website so that people booking villa would be alerted to the fact that the driving range is unavailable the next 25 days. She said that is not going to happen. They would rather deceive you and take your money. Unprofessional handling of my situation and the JW Marriott has lost a customer for life.

Room Tip: Find another place.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

A nice quiet place although feels like being a fugitive in a retirement village. As our average age was 40 we felt positively juvenile that does not happen often. Housekeeping was lax, however the staff were lovely. Not sure I would return!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II? Share your experiences!