“Service was outstanding, Evie was very helpful at the front desk and the front desk manager Kathleen.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn Palm Desert

Free Parking
Ranked #20 of 22 hotels in Palm Desert
San diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed there for the weekend and accommodations were excellent hotel is well maintained and the complimentary breakfast was of excellent quality.
I would definitely stay there again.
Front desk was great and very friendly. I was there with my family for a wedding. Hotel clean well maintain.

• Stayed October 2013

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Encinitas, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights end of September. First night my wake up was a fire alarm at 3:30 AM with
evacuation of the property. About an hour later the Fire Dept. allowed us back in-not a good night's sleep! Management never told us what had happened and did not handle this situation at all. The Front Desk explained the next day when asked but there was never any offer of any sort of compensation for this disruption. When arriving back at the hotel
late in the evening, the only available parking was in a side lot where all of the lights in the lot were out.
The good about this hotel includes-operable window, nice breakfast included (even scrambled eggs) internet free and worked well, was given a couple of bottles of water at check in. The good did not outweigh the fire alarm experience or the unsafe parking area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kihei, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Aloha, While on vacation I spent two nights in Palm Desert at the Fairfield Inn
Upon arrival the staff was pleasant and warm and friendly, after checking in to my room. Approximately 15 minutes after being in my room 131 I received a call from the front desk agent and she asked me if I was happy with the room and that it met my expiations. Being in the Hotel industry I thought that was a wonderful guest experience to have the resort show such a concern to their guests.
I found the room to be clean and fresh, the bathroom was a nice size and most of all I was able to get a peaceful night sleep.
In the morning I went to the complimentary breakfast and the selections also exceeded my expiations.
I will be stay at the Fairfield Inn in Palm Desert again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Palm Springs, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Fairfield Inn in Palm Desert is the typical Marriott value property. However, they are in the process of renovating the property both rooms and common areas. They are dealing with a number of issues but the staff will do what they can to make one's stay as pleasant as possible.

The room AC issue seems to have been resolved as of my last stay (8/26/13). Past stays offered poor AC in most rooms. However, on my last stay the room was cool upon entering and I didn't even look at the thermostat (I figured it was set at 60 as it usually was). To my surprise the AC was set at 70! Setting it at 68 mad the room very cool! Yea!

There are several inconsistencies at this property - it is difficult to figure out what a room's furnishings should consist of (beside the bed(s) desk, dresser, bedside tables, desk chair, TV) some have refrigerator, some don't; some have a microwave, most do not.

One would think that if you are spending money renovating rooms, there would be a master plan - however, there does not seem to be one - at least to the consumers!!! One of the most frustrating things in lack of electrical outlets for the furnishings. Example, there are ONLY two outlets for three items along one wall - the TV, the refrigerator, the desk lamp, and omg if you also have a computer cord!!! Note to property: Renovation is more than new carpet and tile in the entry/bath!!!!!

Note: Breakfast has been expanded to warm scrambled eggs and sausages, along with the rest of the options (Note: breakfast sandwiches are no longer Jimmy Dean but another brand).

The common area/breakfast room has been remodeled with new carpet and a bar-height table (which in my opinion does not fit well into the space and serves no real purpose that a couple of 4-seat square tables couldn't accomplish).

However, given the plentiful complimentary breakfast and WIFI, proximity to shopping and all that Palm Desert has to offer the property still offers a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ariccia, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The place was being remodeled when I arrived it looked nice but when I went to check in they informed me they were still under renovations and their a/c was not working properly a young front desk girl I believe her name was Alexis not to sure told me if I didn't want to stay at the Fairfield she had gotten me an excellent rate at the holiday inn this is insulting I thought to my self why would you send one of your Marriott guest to a holiday inn as a platinum member I find this to be unacceptable never in my life has a Marriott employee asked me to go to the competition

Room Tip: go when their not under renovations
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here overnight when driving through, we were aware of their renovations when we made our booking just the day before arrival. The hotel also called and left a voicemail to advise of the renovations in progress. In our opinion this was good service.
Checkin was friendly and quick, our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool.
We used the pool to cool down after the drive, pool towels could be larger but there were adequate supplies that we could each use two.
Breakfast provided was as we expected.
Overall a good experience and we would use again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I have to echo an earlier review; avoid this hotel during renovations.

We are a family of 4 adults and 2 children. We checked in at 9pm and were given 2 rooms on the 3rd floor. It appeared that they had been doing renovation work earlier that day as the wallpaper and carpets were brand new and the rooms had pieces of paper denoting the room number. Despite being new carpet, the hallways were not clean. There was lots of what looked like white, drywall dust everywhere.

I'm not exaggerating that it was literally 110 in the hallway. It felt like a sauna. Our room was equally hot, but figured that the AC had been off all day and I would give it a chance to cool down. 6 hours later at 3am it was 84 degrees in our room- with the AC set to 68. My wife and kids had fallen asleep long ago so I wasn't about to ask for a room move. I will admit that I am sensitive to heat, but I think most people will agree that 84 is too darn hot to sleep. Our other room was just as hot!

I ended up sleeping in my car - where the AC worked just fine, never mind the quarter tank of gas I burned through running the AC.

Shame on you Marriott for renting rooms on an entire floor that was clearly unfit for habitation. I expected better and was sorely disappointed.

Shame

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Fairfield Inn Palm Desert? Share your experiences!