“Nice hotel in a nice city” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 22 hotels in Palm Desert
Arlington, Texas
“Nice hotel in a nice city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is third hotel we stayed in on my drive back to Texas from Canada. First the city was a great compromise when you are driving back east along I-10 and do not want to stay in L.A., but can not make it to Phoenix. The hotel was kind a little drive from I-10, but it is still easy access back to it. The room was nice and Internet service worked good. We enjoyed the breakfast, I love when hotels have the waffle or pancake maker. The pancake maker made decent pancakes. I wish the fitness center had more equipment it was only 4 items.The hotel was friendly and extremely helpful. It is a Del Taco is next door, but the food is average at best.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear R0430,
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel and most importantly for choosing our hotel despite many other hotels alternatives on your way to Phoenix. We like to hear that you enjoyed our pancake machine and the staff. All guest comments and suggestions are taken seriously and we continuously make efforts to improve our facilities. – Luis

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I found this hotel to be a perfect place to stay in the Palm desert area. I just needed a room for a single night and had not been here before. Previous stays at this hotel chain have been pleasant and this location was equally so. The property is well maintained, the rooms were nice, the bed was comfortable, and with temperatures consistently above 100, the air conditioning in the rooms did a fine job.

The breakfast was well prepared and although I would have liked a little more in the way of healthy choices (more fruits, or perhaps healthier cereal etc.), I would still rate it better than most places. The location is very close to retail locations as well. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear K S,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in Trip Advisor, We are glad we were able to exceed your expectations and you liked every aspect of your stay with us. Our main goal is for guest to enjoy their stay with us and make it as comfortable as we can. And I can’t tell you how rewarding it is to hear that we succeeded in making your stay such a great memory. - Luis
Temecula, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Lets just say I went here thinking just a Holiday in and was pleasantly surprise. The rooms were nice with a fridge and the breakfast was one of the best complimentary ones I ever had.. First time I ever used a pancake maker, so fast and easy.. bacon, eggs, bagels, milk, yogurts etc. I really enjoyed the price and the stay. Thanks

Room Tip: Pool view..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Sam B,

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments of our hotel and the complimentary hot breakfast. We strive to make a routine interaction into something memorable. We appreciate the time you took to let others know of your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Glendora, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is not as high end as some of the hotels/resorts you'll find in the Coachella Valley, but it is very comfortable and serviceable. The rooms are just fine and have the usual amenities. I always like having an easy chair in the room to watch TV in. It's just more comfortable. The pool is not spectacular but it is still a relaxing place to hang out when the weather demands it. I really liked the lobby and interior of the property and the area where one eats breakfast. I felt that the breakfast was larger than most hotel breakfasts and overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again. I have stayed in at least 50 properties in the Palm Springs area and I would say this one is easily in the top ten.

Room Tip: I always prefer a room away from the pool....less noise!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Kewlbrezes51,

Your wonderful comments have made our day! We always pride ourselves on making sure that our guests are treated very well, and we are thrilled to know that we succeeded with you. I will pass your kind words along to our employees in the next staff meeting.

Safe travels to you! We hope to see you again very soon...
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is not as bad but not the greatest. I like the fact that they offer free breakfast and cold drinks and cookies were ready when we arrived at the lobby. We were able to maximize the use of the pool because of the hot temp. We experienced some problems in the room like we can't order movies from the tv, and airconditioning temp cannot be controlled. At one point it got so cold at night and we can't control the temp. And at the end of our stay, the aircon brokedown on us and we are thankful that we are checking out that day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear susan855,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

I am sorry to hear your troubles during your visit. I apologize for the inconvenience you had with some items in your room and regret the discomfort our air conditioning system has caused you.

I regret that you found these aspects of your stay displeasing, your feedback will be discussed with the management team and will be taken into consideration for future improvements. We all hope that should your travel plans bring you back to the area, you will give our hotel another try and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

250 days a year away from home is the bad news. The good news is: I just found my new part-time home in Palm Desert. As a well kept and recently remodeled Holiday Inn Express, the rooms were of the high quality I've come to expect...but what makes this like a home is feeling welcome and comfortable. That my friends comes only from the staff.

Charlene; you are a treasure and I will always look forward to seeing you next time !!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Gary G.

I cannot express to you how happy I am that you found your part time home at our hotel, It is always the greatest pleasure for our staff to know that we have succeeded in making someone's stay memorable and comfortable. We value you as a member of our Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert family, and look forward to seeing you many times in the future.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

After finding out on Hotwire which hotel we were staying at, I proceeded to go and read reviews on this hotel. I have to admit I was a little scared after reading about the place being old, outdated and having poor customer service. This however was not my experience.
Newly remodeled, I found foyer to be inviting, in fact once my family went to bed I would spend some time there reading on the most comfy couch. The night manager (Charlene) would come and offer me snacks and drinks. In my observation of her, when people were checking in late at night she was very accommodating, making sure that guests had exactly what they had planned.
The rooms, a little small, but adequate for our needs, clean and also newly decorated.
The pool area was clean.
Breakfast ranged from cereal and pastries, to fresh pancakes, bacon and eggs... for my little family of four this is a big money saver when it is included with the price of the stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback! I cannot express how happy we are to know that you were very satisfied with your stay. I will make sure Charlene is made aware of your compliments.
We take a great deal of pride in keeping our hotel and property clean and up-to-date, and it is nice to know that travelers like you appreciate the outcome of our efforts.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!