“What A Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #8 of 22 hotels in Palm Desert
“What A Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased with my recent hotel stay. The front desk staff made me feel very welcome and were helpful. Carlos was able to point out several recommendations, even gave me a discount coupon and he also told me several points of interest. The room was very well appointed and the property is in great condition. Also, the breakfast was great. Overall this hotel and it's staff blew away my expectations. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2013
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Goldtrigger,

We very much appreciate your kind comments about our hotel. Our goal is to always provide the finest accommodations and the highest service level at the Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert. We are very happy that we were able to exceed and “blew away your expectations”. I will make certain that Carlos is made aware of your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased with my one night stay with at the Holiday Inn at Palm Desert. The night manager Charlene was so nice and welcoming when we arrived for a late check-in at midnight. Room was nice and clean. Definitely recommend staying here! My boyfriend and I will come back to this hotel in the future

• Stayed April 2013
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Kherf22,

We very much appreciate your compliments about our staff and hotel. I will make sure that Charlene is made aware of the great service she provided to you.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to express my appreciation for the continental breakfast staff (Patty) were very helpful and deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent costumer service. To management and your staff for making my stay a great one, I will defenlenty be staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert again, thank you.

• Stayed March 2013
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear ayoobriannaaa,

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert We do very much appreciate your ranking of our hotel.

My staff does a great job and we are proud of them, I have shared your compliments with the staff and Patty. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize her for a job well done!!

Thank you again for your outstanding review!!
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here six nights in March while attending some professional training. It was very convenient and they offer a convenient hotel shuttle to and from the Palm Springs airport. Rooms were nice size and very comfortable with nice large bathroom, chair and ottoman, good size desk, and a balcony to sit on. They have the best free breakfast I have ever had, including omelets, bacon, sausage and pancakes. The pool was enjoyable and in an inner courtyard area. Gym was adequate. There was a nice value diner within five minute walking distance and also a Mexican restaurant about a 10 minute walk away. Shopping center with pharmacy and grocery across the street.

Room Tip: Upstairs on the third floor was very quiet. It is set back about a block from the busy boulevard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear drpass,

Thank you for taking the time to share your six days business experience with us. The service culture at the Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert is predicated on a commitment to excellence that is personal, detail-oriented and always delivered in a warm and friendly manner. If we exceeded your expectations, I'm thrilled to hear it. That's our goal for every guest, no matter what their expectations are entering our property.

Thanks for sharing this with us and we will see you next time!
Diamond Luv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I traveled to Palm Desert for an event at the McCallum Theater and I chose this place because it's nearby. I've stayed at several Holiday Inn properties in my travels and they usually are predictable. This place was an exception. I was turned off the moment I got to the front desk: the clerk acted strangely and was very rude. As I registered, he said something to me about a problem with my credit card. Even though I knew there was no problem with my card, I gave him another credit card, just so that I could check in and get settled in my room. I didn't need to deal with such drama. The room was average. For the price, the hotel did not offer much, except for snotty personnel. I would not recommend this place. It was the worst Holiday Inn property that I stayed at.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Diamond-Luv,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in Trip Advisor. I want to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Clearly what you describe is far below the expectations that we have and not indicative whatsoever of what our typical guest feedback is. I have shared your comments with my front desk staff.
Again, thank you for your comments.
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spotlessly clean, fantastic location near great shopping and lots of interesting restaurants, and a super-friendly staff...what more can I say?! The price is a bargain for this area...would not stay anywhere else when I am in Palm Desert.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms overlooking the pool have a beautfiul of the mountains in the distance!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear LuckyDucky4,

Well, you said it all!! We do appreciate the kind words regarding the hotel, location and staff. We take pride in making sure that our service skills and guest satisfaction is the best and unforgettable!
Port Moody, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and 3 year old stayed here March 27-30. We arrived without reservations but had written down the address of a couple of hotels in the area. This was the first hotel we stopped and it was so inviting that we decided to stay.The hotel is extremely clean throughout. The outdoor patio areas and pool area were perfect for our needs. The pools temperature was perfect! The breakfast was the best complimentary breakfast that we ever had. It had pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereals every different kind of bread. My fav thing was the free coffee availabe 24 hrs, and it actually tasted good! My only issue is that I found the rooms a little small as they only have 2 double beds or one king. We needed two beds as there was three of us but my husband and I are spolied at home I guess with a King :) Another thing was our room was facing a hydro/electric station, so not the greatest view, but I realize that not every room can have a view :) The housekeeping cleaned up the rooms very well and the front desk staff were very friendly. We really enjoyed our short stay here in Palm Dessert and can't wait to come back soon. We will definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the hydro station.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear BenbubbyJ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful detailed experience at the Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert. Our service culture is predicated on a commitment to excellence that is personal, detail-oriented and always delivered in a warm and friendly manner. As you mentioned, not every room in a hotel has the greatest view, but we will make sure you will get a room with a better view next time you visit our hotel.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!