“Wonderful Surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Port Moody, Canada
“Wonderful Surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and 3 year old stayed here March 27-30. We arrived without reservations but had written down the address of a couple of hotels in the area. This was the first hotel we stopped and it was so inviting that we decided to stay.The hotel is extremely clean throughout. The outdoor patio areas and pool area were perfect for our needs. The pools temperature was perfect! The breakfast was the best complimentary breakfast that we ever had. It had pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereals every different kind of bread. My fav thing was the free coffee availabe 24 hrs, and it actually tasted good! My only issue is that I found the rooms a little small as they only have 2 double beds or one king. We needed two beds as there was three of us but my husband and I are spolied at home I guess with a King :) Another thing was our room was facing a hydro/electric station, so not the greatest view, but I realize that not every room can have a view :) The housekeeping cleaned up the rooms very well and the front desk staff were very friendly. We really enjoyed our short stay here in Palm Dessert and can't wait to come back soon. We will definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the hydro station.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear BenbubbyJ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful detailed experience at the Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert. Our service culture is predicated on a commitment to excellence that is personal, detail-oriented and always delivered in a warm and friendly manner. As you mentioned, not every room in a hotel has the greatest view, but we will make sure you will get a room with a better view next time you visit our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

There are two kinds of people in this world- those that love Holiday Inn Express and those that do not. I am in the latter category. It is decent, a bit scuffed up, on the highway on the outskirts of town. Service was very good and friendly. Beds and pillows comfortable. Pool is fine. View of the beautiful mountains in the distance but of an electrical substation in the foreground (next door). Advertises food close by- if Del Taco, Carl Jr, Subway or McDonalds is what you like to dine on then this is your place. I don't need fancy at all but I do like charm. This is neither. Not my cup of tea but it is for many

• Stayed April 2013
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Meak,

Thank You for your reviews and comments. So sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. I do understand that we are not the right hotel for everyone.
Again, thank you for your comments and feedback.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

3 nights in a clean. very quite, huge room and we were looked after by all the excellent hard working staff at this inn. breakfast was plentiful with lots of options ideal start to the day. location was ideal for shopping eating and exploring. we felt safe and walked everywhere day and night. excellent.value for money inn.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, first room on the right (overlooking the car park but very quite room)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Mrlazyuk2,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert! We are so glad you were able to experience our authentic guest service experience and amenities during your three days stay. We hope to see you return real soon.
Dripping Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My daughter and I were in Palm Desert to see a show at the McCallum Theatre. I chose the Holiday Inn Express because it was reasonably close and inexpensive. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The staff were friendly and approachable. The breakfast was excellent - one of the best complimentary breakfasts I've ever had in a hotel. The room was spotlessly clean, as were all other public areas of the hotel.

The hotel is minutes away from some excellent shopping, and numerous very good restaurants. While the guests seemed to be primarily business travelers, I also saw many families with small children enjoying the pool and facilities. I think it's a good mix between business and family, and it is excellent value for the price.

I would certainly stay here again and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear SallyQz,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert on Trip Advisor. It is always good to get feedback from our guests. We appreciate your compliments of our hotel and the complimentary breakfast. We agree with you about our location and amenities and especially our staff, they are great.!
We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn during the PNB Paribas Open. When I checked out I left my jewelry bag in my room. I realized it five days later and quickly called the hotel. They called me back the next day to tell me that they had my jewelry bag and would promptly send it out. I could not even believe it. I almost didn't even call because I thought for sure it was long gone. The jewelry was worth over $2000.00 and the maid could have easily taken it for herself, but she did not. The staff is extremely honest and trustworthy!!!! If I had stayed somewhere else I am not sure that I would have gotten my jewelry back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Claire S,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us. It really makes me feel proud to know that we have a team of trustworthy and honest employees, They take such pride at what they do and genuinely care about our guests. I will share your comments with the housekeeper Lupe R. that diligently reported the items you left behind to her supervisor.

Thank you for recognizing our staff members and for staying with us, we look forward to your next visit!
Burbank, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Has a good stay weekend of 3/15/13-3/17/13. Breakfast was good. Cinnamon buns were delicious. Hotel in a convenient place and offered shuttle service to tennis garden. Overall would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Cita910,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience staying with us! We are so happy to hear you had such a good time and were able to take advantage of many of our great amenities. We strive to meet or exceed all our guests’ expectations and are pleased we succeeded. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed during the BNP tennis tournament, great location to go anywhere in the valley, across from the Mall where I was able to walk and get my coffee in the morning. The only problem was that the bed was very uncomfortable. Because of that, I am not sure I would stay there again.

Dear Simonpowered,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the central location of our hotel and our great staff.
Please accept my apologies that our bed accommodations were less than perfect and for any inconveniences this may have caused. If your travels bring you back to the Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert, please let me know and we will make certain to have a great room with a comfortable bed waiting for you.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!