“Nice Hotel but Pet Charge Too High” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 22 hotels in Palm Desert
Plano, Texas
“Nice Hotel but Pet Charge Too High”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Let me first say that this is a nice Holiday Inn Express. I would have likely given this hotel 4 stars had they not charged an extra $50 for a night that included our well behaved dog. To make it worse, we were given a room near exits that could only be used in emergencies and therefore had to take our dog through the lobby every time we took him out. This was a lengthy walk and I think given the charge and that we are both Priority Platinum Members, a more convenient location would have been warranted.

The room was nice as was the lobby and the breakfast bar. The staff when we checked out was far superior to the staff when we checked in. Good location.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for a room with good outside access.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Luv2takepics,

Thank you for been a loyal Priority Club Member and for taking the time to review our hotel in Trip Advisor. I understand your feeling about the $50.00 pet fee, I apologize if you feel that it’s to high , but although dogs are well behaved and clean they leave behind dander, hair and other matters that have to be properly and deep cleaned to make sure the next guest enjoy their stay in a clean room in the same way you enjoyed yours.

Again, thank you for your comments!!

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a pretty good hotel with not a bad location and - importantly for this trip - pet friendly. The room was clean, nice size, and convenient. There were no issues with lights, plumbing, or television. There were some noise problems with what I believe was a car shop next door, as well as what appears to be a power transformer substation.

The staff were friendly and attentive. Housekeeping was efficient and thorough. The breakfast was very nice and kept well stocked. (Though the conveyor-belt automatic pancakes are a little ... strange!) I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have a view, but face the transformer station and a vehicle repair shop. This can...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TravelingCook,

Thank you for the great review of the Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert. It is a proud moment for us when a guest writes a great review and even better when they can end the review with a comment like “I would stay here again”.

Thank you once again for your great comments!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stay 2-3 days a week at the Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert. Over the last 2 years the professional yet comfortable care I always receive is deeply appreciated. The manager ( Luis Valdarama ) is always available and his staff courtious and friendly. The rooms are spacious and comfortable which include a refrigerator and microwave at no additional charge. Last year they did a major modernization which included new furniture and art work. The entry way and pool deck also saw an upgrade which colors blend in very well to the spanish stucco building. A full continental breakfast is ready each morning. The location is excellent to get to some of the many resorts and fine dining experiences you will be looking for. I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express to anyone who cares about such things and appreciated what a quality hotel can do for ones business or holiday experience. Best Regards, Brian Donohue

Room Tip: I would not want to do that as it would give away my secrets, but i like the 2nd or 3rd floor and fa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Palm Desert, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

On my first night after a long workout in the fitness room, I was really thirsty. I went to the front desk and had a wonderful conversation with the night manager, Charlene, who directed me to the area where I would be able to purchase bottled water. :) Thanks Charlene!

Room Tip: Talk to Charlene
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Michael D,

It is a great pleasure to receive your wonderful review from your recent stay with us.
Charlene and the staff truly appreciate your encouraging feedback on our service and facilities.

Thank you again for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert.!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Worst night's sleep I have had since trying to sleep on an air mattress. Mattress was like a rock, and got no sleep. Tub clogged and had to call front desk to have it unclogged. Electrical covers, and all detail to cleaning, were missed, i.e., baseboards, bathroom tissue holder, etc. Vanity area had not been remodeled, and glass shelf, mirror, and picture were off qilter. Does have a lot of amenities for a small hotel, pool, gym, tennis court, and full complimentary breakfast, but if your night's sleep wasn't pleasant, amenities won't make up for it. Would not stay again.

Room Tip: Ask to see room and check mattress comfort.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Susie H,

Thank you for your review, it’s important for us to not only see the good in what we do, but also some of the negatives so we can work towards fixing those for the next guest.

I would like to apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

Again, I do appreciate your comments and feedback.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had such a pleasant conversation this morning with Charlene, What a delight. Not sure that my husband and I would fine a "Place in the Inn" last night as we rolled into town, we scooped up the last room available at the Holiday In Express. When getting coffee this AM, I was so fortunate to have time with Charlene, I asked her why the area was so booked up this weekend, she explained it was the Boys Basketball Tournament, and I mentioned that we got the last available room. Before I knew it we were talking about Dogs, and the upcoming Dog Show in January. Soon she knew all about my Chihuahua, Sophia, and had a dog story about her Chihuahua and how long he lived. As well as her other dogs. Since I was thinking about my Sophia, it was nice to be able to talk about her. Thank you Charlene, and I hope you continue to enjoy your dogs like I enjoy mine. Again Customer Service is the Most Important Quality that any employee can give, and Charlene gets my Vote!!! Thank you Charlene.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Debbie H,

We couldn't have said it better! We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts in creating guest experiences from “hotels guest's love”!!
I have shared your compliments with Charlene and the rest of the staff. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize her for a job well done!!!

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert.!
upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Last minute plan to stay overnight in palm desert. Holiday inn is convenient. Very comfortable rooms and beds. Microwave and refrigerator in each room. Pool is outside but well heated. Desk staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear lisa9962,

Thank you so much for posting a review about your great experience with the Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert. We sincerely appreciate your comments about our location, rooms, pool, amenities, and team members.

Again, thank you for your great comments and feedback

Been to Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!