“Greatest Staff ever, but...” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chables, Switzerland
“Greatest Staff ever, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Unfortunately I do not remember the name of the lady at the reception, but she was the nicest person I had in a front desk ever. Her smile and her joy make my day after a long trip from Vegas. So keep this positiv energy.

Room are large and well furnished. Are is good and I had a quiete night.

It could have been a perfect stay, but unfortunately my good feeling has been ruin by a used Q-Tips in the middle of the bathroom when I took my room. This should not happen.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear ZebulOn,

Thank you for your review, it’s important for us to not only see the good in what we do, but also some of the negatives so we can work towards fixing those for the next guest.
I do appreciate your good comments and feedback very much despite your disappointment with the cleanliness of the bath room floor, you are right!!, that should have never happened.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Again, I do appreciate your comments and feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We came to Palm Desert while waiting for our house to close escrow. They were great helping us feel like we were home. They upgraded our room to executive king when we had to stay longer to make us feel more at home. Would highly recommend. We travel with our service dog and he loves the hospitality and friendliness of everyone and the cleaniness. Cathy and Em and I felt at home they welcomed us. Nice to have the staff call you by name and smile.

Room Tip: we took runs every morning with our dog through Indian Wells and loved the area, Vilaggio restaurant...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Michael D,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am glad that the hotel met or exceeded your expectations while waiting for your new home in Palm Desert. Also we do appreciate the kind words regarding the staff! We take pride in making sure that our service skills and guest satisfaction is the best and unforgettable!
Enjoy your new home!!!
Chino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

This Hotel was clean and modernized. It seemed to be updated recently. The room was quiet and clean. I always request accessible rooms due to my disability. And it worked out well. The General Manager was out greeting and chatting with the guests of hotel. It is good to see a manager out and about instead of crunching numbers behind a desk in an office. My only complaint is after I booked my room I was transferred to a gentleman who kept saying "Cooperate". He was telling me about a great opportunity for my family. I guess there are new and exciting thing I can't miss out on. Can we say "Timeshare". No thanks. I was really put off by this. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family. I would love "Cooperate" to read this.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Stephen A,

Thank you for submitting your survey through TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your comments and feedback of our hotel as this helps us measure our guest satisfaction. Greeting and interacting with our guests is one of our priorities to insure your stay with us is a memorable one.
I do apologize for any inconvenience you endured during your phone call reservation process; there are several Holiday Inns promotions which are optional and they are offered to our guest after the booking process.

Again, thank you for your positive comments and feedback
Lemoore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Fair breakfast bar rooms are adequate. Sink area quite small and not much room for your convenience. Wireless strength is not that good. Pleasant reception and friendly staff. Television channel selection is poor. Why cannot they have premium channels.

• Stayed August 2012
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear LDOEMO,

I do appreciate your good comments and feedback very much despite your disappointment with the sink area, TV premium channels and the WIFI.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Again, I do appreciate your comments and feedback.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

From the staff to the lobby to the rooms to the hot breakast, this is the BEST Holiday Inn Express we have ever stayed in! They did an amazing job remodeling their lobby recently. The night auditor that checked us in around Midnight was so sweet, and made us feel like valued Priority Club members!

• Stayed August 2012
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We strive to make sure that every guest has an experience that is memorable and comforting while they stay with us. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed the friendliness of our staff, breakfast selection and our newly renovated hotel.

Again, thank you for being a loyal Priority Club Member.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

All the girls in the front desk were welcoming they all welcomed us as priority members they even had a basket with snacks for us in the room. Housekeepers were great they all understood are needs and the rooms was great, I love all the new furniture wish I could take it to my own house. Anyways everyone was great ill definitely recommend this hotel to my friend. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2012
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Exist59,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate the positive feedback you wrote about our hotel most especially about our front desk and the housekeeping department. We are very happy to see that you have liked our new furniture. We hope to see you soon when you come back to Palm Desert. Again, we thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My girl and I went out for our anniversary weekend. We actually made reservations next door to this Holiday Inn Express (Best Western Plus), but were greatly disappointed with the room quality. We spent one night at the BWP, but the following night, we discovered a bed bug. Unsatisfactory! We decided to bail then and there, and went over to this Holiday Inn. Like I said in the description, "should've gone with this one from the beginning". The holiday inn express was outstanding. Clean, modern, spacious and the hotel staff was great! Went above and beyond in accomodating us at 1230 A.M.. They were also apologetic and sympathetic in regards to our bed bug experience with their neighbors, Best Western Plus.

We will definitely be back to this one, when we return to the desert. A++ for the Holiday Inn Express @ Palm Desert!! A special shout out to the elderly woman (didn't catch her name) who took us in at a late hour.

• Stayed July 2012
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Pistolas,

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our property and the night manager Charlene, We are glad you were able to share and enjoy your anniversary with us. We hope to see you for many more anniversaries in the future and Happy Anniversary from the Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert!!!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!