“One of those exceptional, comfortable properties” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Portland, Oregon
“One of those exceptional, comfortable properties”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Visited resort for week in November. Great facility, lagoon comes into lobby, gondolas to take you around the resort, especially fun for transport to on-property restaurants at night. Executive king suite was fine, balcony overlooking lagoon, part of golf course, three pools. Clean, fully equipped, well-organized, excellent service. Lobby bar outstanding in view, quality of refreshments, snacks, service. On property restaurants exceptional, especially enjoyed Rockwood Grill, found ourselves going back again and again. Enjoyed the Blue Agave late night, enjoyed the entertainment and the beautiful outdoor setting. If I had a complaint, it would be the rates. This won't keep me from looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: High up, golf course side
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DesertSpringsJW, General Manager at Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share highlights of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. As a Top TripAdvisor Contributor, we know you have high hospitality standards and I am happy to hear we impressed you with our amenities and service. I am very pleased to hear you will be joining us again, and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

OK, right up front, we ordinarily would never stay in such a place. My husband was in a tennis tournament and the teams got a special rate. This place is beyond amazing. The room was spacious and comfortable. There could have been a few more hangers in the closet.g The man who delivered our bags was very friendly and gave us some good tips on sights. We ate lunch in the Oasis restaurant, food was very good. Expensive, yes, but considering the surroundings, not surprising. The grounds were beautiful and well-kept. All staff we had dealings with were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again after my rich great-uncle Ferdinand croaks and leave all to me -- as if!

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am pleased you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay at our property. Customer service is one of the pillars of the JW Marriott brand, so I am always happy to hear when guests have received exceptional customer service. We take pride in the positive feedback we receive about our friendly staff. I’m so glad your luxury retreat was such a hit, and that you’d like to stay with us again in the future – we would love to welcome you back!
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a beautiful property with wonderful service. The entire resort is amazingly clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and also very clean.
My friend and I both enjoyed the spa as well. We both got an excellent massage and the facial treatments were great. The husbands golfed and were a bit disappointed that one of the courses was closed (they had not been notified) and their tee time ran about 20 minutes late one day. They loved the course. The restaurants were about what you would expect for a large hotel, but the breakfast was great. All of the pools are perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa for a business meeting and we just love this property. When we checked into our room, it was a good distance from an elevator and we were hoping for a pool view overlooking the mountains. I immediately called down to the front desk and I explained we wanted a room much closer to the elevator and closer to the meeting space. Lionel was the person we talked with and he understood my request but said the hotel was pretty much at capacity, but asked to put me on hold to see what he could do. A few minutes later Lionel said he found us a room near the elevator and closer to where we wanted to be with a beautiful view and even said we could go look at it first and he would have a staff member meet us there with the keys. WOW, what service and WOW what a room. He was able to get us everything we asked for. Now this is customer service and he was so very nice and accommodating. The staff member who delivered our keys and helped us was very nice as well.

Everything about this property makes you feel first class. From the Lobby to the Pool and the fantastic little boat ride through the property just makes you feel like you want to live here. One last thing, the entire several days we were there, the food for the business meetings we had including breakfast and lunch were outstanding. The food was excellent and the entire hotel staff were just amazing. We would recommend the Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa to anyone wanting a great resort to stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
DesertSpringsJW, General Manager at Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to submit a review detailing your stay at our resort. I am so pleased to hear that the customer service you received exceeded your expectations and that you were so impressed with your accommodations as well as the dining experiences throughout your entire stay. Customer service is one of the pillars of the JW Marriott brand, and I am always happy to hear specific instances when our team has delivered outstanding service to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I recently stayed here for a conference, and what a great hotel! The conference was well organized, and the staff was super helpful. Each meal from breakfast to dinner was delicious and there was so much food!

The views of the mountains were exquisite. There are several pools and it sits on a golf course, all around beautiful!

The rooms were well decorated, clean, and updated.

The spa and fitness center are very nice, and if you get a spa treatment, be sure to allow time for the sauna and steam rooms-the eucalyptus steam was my absolute favorite!

Lastly, the sushi in the lobby was Awesome!! So fresh, and paired with a glass of wine from their very good list of selections made for a perfect meal.

Also, I always comment that the smell when you walk in any JW is amazing-I wish I could buy the smell for my home!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Avon, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This place is just a gorgeous resort. This is my second time there in 2 years, and both trip were equally enjoyable. The weather is perfect, they have world-class golf (Disclaimer: I don't actually golf), and the pools are great. I was there on a business trip and didn't get to enjoy all of the facilities. But I did get to use their gym, which was very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The resort is beautiful and the new management has made a huge difference in service and special care of the client
Rooms are large and i highly recommend the japanese resturant..the little boat ride at night is wonderful and romantic thanks for a great stay

Room Tip: request pool view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!