“Nice Hotel and Conference Facilities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Denver, Colorado
“Nice Hotel and Conference Facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Overall, a very nice hotel with good conference facilities and good service.

I had a problem with the A/C in my room and the staff fixed it very quickly and had excellent follow-up to ensure the problem was solved.

The only suggestion I would have is to change the fitness center hours. Running a large business hotel with a fitness center that closes at 6 or 7 PM (depending on day) doesn't make sense to me. I would recommend a 24 hour gym to align with competition.

I

Room Tip: This is a very big hotel campus. If you are there for a conference, you might want to ask for a roo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I must say, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

The staff was very nice, the rooms are above average.
The property was quite large, but our rooms were close to the elevators so we didn't notice as much.

The things that make this a "HIGH" 4 star resort are arguably some of the gimmicks... they have a boat that can take you for a circular 10 minute 'tour' of the man-made lake... or perhaps drop you off at two of the on-site restaurants.

I did not golf.

Swimming pools were nice and clean and they supplied free swim diapers for our 2 year old, even though we had some with us.

Breakfasts were great... fresh juices, and a chef can make eggs/omelets to order.

For a "flagship" property, I think it's missing some of the attentions to detail that other fantastic chains (Mandarin Oriental, etc) might have.

But we enjoyed our stay and if we had to go to Palm Desert again, we would consider it!

Room Tip: we had rooms 5122 and 5123 which were connecting, close to the elevators but at the end of the hall...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Like most resort hotels in the Palm Dprings area, it's now the high season with high prices! The Desert Springs is no exception! This is a covention center and known for special events which it does well! This is luxery with the luxery price tag!
But if you want an equally quality room and value for your dollor, the Fairfield Marriott near by is the best deal..114 rooms, nice pool and good service!

Room Tip: Check with priceline or other companies for a better deal! If there are coventions or golf tourneys...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We recently stayed at the Marriott Resort Villas, which is a time share community attached to the Marriott Hotel in Palm Desert, CA. The complex is approximately a 20 minute drive from downtown Palm Springs, which in itself is a friendly, creative community that have a Street Fair every Thursday evening that is amazing. The Marriott resort accommodates your every need and the staff is beyond helpful. Anything you need, from having the shuttle pick you up and take you anywhere on the expansive grounds, to suggestions for sites to see, they are there to help. For me, the crowning jewel is their Spa which is such a get-away in itself. It has an expansive menu of treatments and wonderful technicians. There is a salt water lap pool, sauna, meditation rooms and even a lovely little bistro where you can have breakfast or lunch along with a glass of wine. They even served date shakes which are made from dates harvested from the date palms which line just about every street. All in all a wonderful, relaxing and fun vacation.

Room Tip: Golf course view gives you a magnificent view of the San Jacinta mountains.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights on our honeymoon. Spent most of our time sunbathing around the pool - fantastic pool service with drinks being topped up constantly and nice food! Wet face towels passed around everyone to cool off (nice touch and much needed). Starbucks in the hotel from where we bought breakfast and coffees. Didn't eat at the hotel in the evenings as we went out in the area, we can recommend Babes Bar-B-Que & Brewhouse for good ribs and burgers!
We were nicely surprised with a bottle of bubbly and nibbles on our final evening when we returned to our room - delicious and very thoughtful thankyou. Overall a great hotel with large rooms and comfortable beds, excellent power showers too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel and the grounds were impeccable. The staff was attentive and helpful at every turn. It was over 100 degrees outside each day I was there, so staying inside was a no-brainer and I didn't feel confined because of all the amenities inside the hotel. Restaurants, shopping, spa, exercise, etc. The nightly turn-down service was cool, with a different variety chocolate square on the pillows! The housekeeping staff were so nice, they spoke and made eye contact if you passed them in the corridors, and talked in hushed voices outside the rooms. I was very relaxed because of the environment and the beds slept very well - my room had two double beds, I slept on one for a couple nights, then the other just for variety. Bathrooms with a separate tub and shower was very nice too. I used both. When my key wouldn't work, an employee saw me struggling and told me to stay put and he'd take care of it. Within minutes, he was back with a new key card that worked. I needed a cab at 5 a.m. for a 7 a.m. flight and the bellman ensured I had one waiting. Overall A+ rating. Thanks to the entire staff for a great stay.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the pool area with the palm trees and mountain view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great resort getaway! Service and hospitality from the time I valet parked my car until I left, was great. Room was clean and had a great view of the golf course. The spa experience was fantastic. Body scrub was excellent and drinks served poolside at the spa was a treat.

The resort is a bit large and would be a turn off if you're looking for peace and quiet at the pool. But otherwise, I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed July 2012
Marriott's Shadow Ridge
Marriott's Shadow Ridge
#10 of 22 in Palm Desert
4.0 of 5 stars 840 reviews

Been to Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!