“A relaxing and upscale vacation spot” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Daily Credit
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“A relaxing and upscale vacation spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We recently stayed at the Marriott Resort Villas, which is a time share community attached to the Marriott Hotel in Palm Desert, CA. The complex is approximately a 20 minute drive from downtown Palm Springs, which in itself is a friendly, creative community that have a Street Fair every Thursday evening that is amazing. The Marriott resort accommodates your every need and the staff is beyond helpful. Anything you need, from having the shuttle pick you up and take you anywhere on the expansive grounds, to suggestions for sites to see, they are there to help. For me, the crowning jewel is their Spa which is such a get-away in itself. It has an expansive menu of treatments and wonderful technicians. There is a salt water lap pool, sauna, meditation rooms and even a lovely little bistro where you can have breakfast or lunch along with a glass of wine. They even served date shakes which are made from dates harvested from the date palms which line just about every street. All in all a wonderful, relaxing and fun vacation.

Room Tip: Golf course view gives you a magnificent view of the San Jacinta mountains.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights on our honeymoon. Spent most of our time sunbathing around the pool - fantastic pool service with drinks being topped up constantly and nice food! Wet face towels passed around everyone to cool off (nice touch and much needed). Starbucks in the hotel from where we bought breakfast and coffees. Didn't eat at the hotel in the evenings as we went out in the area, we can recommend Babes Bar-B-Que & Brewhouse for good ribs and burgers!
We were nicely surprised with a bottle of bubbly and nibbles on our final evening when we returned to our room - delicious and very thoughtful thankyou. Overall a great hotel with large rooms and comfortable beds, excellent power showers too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel and the grounds were impeccable. The staff was attentive and helpful at every turn. It was over 100 degrees outside each day I was there, so staying inside was a no-brainer and I didn't feel confined because of all the amenities inside the hotel. Restaurants, shopping, spa, exercise, etc. The nightly turn-down service was cool, with a different variety chocolate square on the pillows! The housekeeping staff were so nice, they spoke and made eye contact if you passed them in the corridors, and talked in hushed voices outside the rooms. I was very relaxed because of the environment and the beds slept very well - my room had two double beds, I slept on one for a couple nights, then the other just for variety. Bathrooms with a separate tub and shower was very nice too. I used both. When my key wouldn't work, an employee saw me struggling and told me to stay put and he'd take care of it. Within minutes, he was back with a new key card that worked. I needed a cab at 5 a.m. for a 7 a.m. flight and the bellman ensured I had one waiting. Overall A+ rating. Thanks to the entire staff for a great stay.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the pool area with the palm trees and mountain view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Great resort getaway! Service and hospitality from the time I valet parked my car until I left, was great. Room was clean and had a great view of the golf course. The spa experience was fantastic. Body scrub was excellent and drinks served poolside at the spa was a treat.

The resort is a bit large and would be a turn off if you're looking for peace and quiet at the pool. But otherwise, I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed July 2012
Beverly Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My fiancé and I wanted a few days of R&R in Palm Springs but did not really want to spend much time in the city. We wanted the desert oasis, without the partying, I suppose. This place delivers. It was a mammoth resort with so much to do. Really fantastic restaurants, golfing and the pool area is quite large with lots of loungers. It almost has more of larger classy Vegas hotel that Palm Springs. I say this because of the enormous size of this place and the endless things to do on site. I read somewhere that this property is the largest employer in Palm Desert to give you an idea of how big this place is. The staff is really helpful and our suite overlooked the green. The sound of sprinklers throughout the night...wildly soothing. If you want the Palm Springs weather but want to stay put, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We have always loved the jw marriot but there customer Servise was beyond terrible we're not giving one more dime for this terrible Servise. All there in for is money and and they don't care at all about there customers. We were completely shocked and it ruined our whole vacation. I'm calling the manager.

• Stayed October 2012
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I recently returned from a five day stay at this complex of a hotel. Room was average, nice sheets, nice bathroom, great personal products, quiet. Long walk to the room!! Common spaces and conference area terrific! Outdoors outstanding!! Golf courses gorgeous and pool areas really spectacular. What was truly outstanding was the SERVICE . Every employee was incredibly kind and helpful. I travel a lot and this really makes a difference. Of special note is Patti at the concierge desk. She was so special...even gave me a hug when I checked out!! Some hints: ask for a room near the elevator (you'll thank me later) and please know that there is a party pool and a quiet pool depending on your mood. On the week ends you can sign up for a wine tasting by the boat dock in the lower lobby. Rooms have refrigerators and there is a great Ralph's across the street where you can pick up snacks and drinks. People do make the difference.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!