“So far, so good.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Winnipeg, Canada
“So far, so good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We're currently in the middle of an eight day stay and are quite happy with our room and the facility in general. It's pretty quiet, clean and in a good location. Our room is on the second floor overlooking the golf course and as mentioned by other reviewers there's no elevator but the view is spectacular and worth the inconvenience of stairs vs. luggage and/or grocery hauling.
They put on a good breakfast in the morning with lots to choose from and a choice of indoor or outdoor seating. In the evenings they have a very nice fire going in the gas fire pit, lovely to go sit around after dinner.
Only a couple of minor complaints. I was a bit disappointed to find no safe in the room to store valuables in, it would be nice to have someplace secure to pop your laptop or camera into when you go out. Also, I would like to see the pool/hot tub deck area cleaned a little more often. There are a ton of rabbits around here and as rabbits will do, they leave droppings, so you have to be careful where you step in your bare feet, around the hot tub area especially. There's also been the same broken bottle swept off to the side by the switch to one the hot tubs since we got here, would be nice to see that cleaned up. (Thumbs down to whoever brought glass into the pool area!)
All in all though, quite happy here and we would come back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us in Palm Desert. We appreciate you taking the time to post comments about your stay. Generally our pool area is serviced every morning - I am very sorry to hear about the broken bottle near the hot tub. This is unacceptable to me as this is very dangerous to not have been taken care of already. I hope you are able to stay with us again in the near future. We hope you have safe travels and happy holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Victoria, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The huge advantage of this property was the ability to have a two bedroom, two bathroom, kitchen + lvg room suite at a reasonable price. A good friend and I stayed for a week of just sun and R&R and generally found the whole place fairly quiet, comfortable, clean, relaxing and friendly. The kitchen was well very equipped so we visited Ralph's (a block away) and stocked up on our beverages, snacks and light meal provisions.
Just a couple of minor complaints in order of importance to us :
Breakfast: the only fruit was whole apples and bananas - great if you want to take away; since there is a good sized staffed kitchen serving breakfast, we expected some sort of fruit option (realize it's winter, but how about some sliced cantaloupe or a citrus fruit compote? ) AND, please, a bit of variation from the daily scrambled eggs.
Parking: On the evenings we went out for dinner (5/7) we came back to find no parking available anywhere close to our unit. We had to park facing Cook St up at the office. Several large commercial vehicles, presumably their owners were guests, were taking up 2 parking spaces each. Thus we had to be sure to empty our car every evening and lug the contents back to our suite. We had to wonder if there is a limit as to how many vehicles are allowed for each unit?
- Knowing what to expect, we would certainly return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us in Palm Desert for some rest and relaxation. We appreciation you taking the time to comment on your stay; I will be reviewing your comments with our department managers to see what additional items we can add to our buffet. Currently we do not have a limit on the amount of vehicles permitted as the lot is not gated - I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family. I hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area. Have safe travels!
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I want to give this place 4 dots but the some of the staff let this place down read on.

This is our 5th or 6th Residence we have stayed at during our 4 month trip around CA & AZ so we have an idea of what to expect. This is a lovely property in a good newish location just far enough from the I-10 so you don't hear much of the noise. Not so close to Palm Springs but half hour or less will see you at most major attractions in the area.
There is a large supermarket (grocery) store one 1 mile away which was great for us anyway.

So the low down on the property.
1.Rooms are of an older vintage but clean and roomy and the only Residence that had double beds in one room as well as a Queen in the other which meant that 2 of our three kids had there own beds.

2.Breakfast was the usual boring affair, the breakfast staff where nice and smiled unlike front office staff they also seemed to take notice and clean the tables as they became available the only thing I found offensive is the tip jar in the breakfast area I know that it is a tradition to tip in the USA as their wages a relatively low however I could not justify the jar as the job requirement is just that to make sure the food is refilled and tables cleaned there is not much more they did extra, especially as most food comes is prepackaged. Having said that I did appreciate the fact that they did clean up right on 9am and seemed to accommodate late comers on a daily basis although breakfast was between certain times.

3.This is what let them down upon our arrival we where greeted and attended to very quickly by what looked like a trainee he was pleasant but his in charge was not and it showed as she took over what he was doing in a brush of manner, no smiles from her at all, on the side of us there was a staff member nearly in tears over some mistake and the other young girls seemed like she knew what she was doing but quiet dismissive and not very helpful on a few occasions during our stay.
We made one complaint over a noisy cleaning staff member who thought it appropriate to have a very loud full blown conversation in her native tongue at 6:30 am on a Saturday waking us all up not happy and very inconsiderate on their behalf I still heard her the next day but not so early.

Overall nice place but the senior staff need a change of job or go back to personality school.

Room Tip: Had room facing the Pool quiet enough when staff don't slam pool gates and talk loudly in the wh...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Palm Desert. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was as we will use this information to better ourselves for the future. I am very sorry to hear about the staff in the pool area. I will make sure our schedules are altered to ensure this mistake does not continue. Thank you again for staying with us. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you.
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Had a chance to stay a weekend here and had a pleasant time. The rooms and facilities were well kept and service was up to par. The breakfast had good variety and was an added bonus. For the price would recommend.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while you were in Palm Desert! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area! Have a great week!
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We just got back from a 3rd visit this year already. Unfortunately, this time we were not able to take our visitors from Germany to Joshua Tree National Park due to the Government shut down.
Dear US Government - Open up our National Parks and National Forests again!!!
Back to the hotel review. My parents are Studio Suite 321 and we had 323 in Building 3. We have stayed in 321 back in April and back than we had mismatching night stands a strange looking dresser below the TV etc. This time was a nice suprise. All old furniture was gone and the remodel has been completed. New modern nightstands, dresser below the Flatscreen TV. Nice modern Paintings of Cactus flowers have been added over the bed and a small shelve and paintings above the sofa. New pillows on the sofa. Now the remodel looks complete and much nicer. Both suites had a nice view over the golf course next door and beautiful mountains. Watched 2 roadrummers from our balcony and 1 by the pool area. Everything was very clean and nice. We will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Building 2 and 3 upstairs looking towards the golf course are our prefered locations.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Than you for staying with us again and giving us another chance to serve you. I do apologize for your previous stay as the renovation took longer than expected however all rooms have been completed since July. Hopefully the government will re-open the parks and you can come back for another visit. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope you have safe travels.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I consider several factors in choosing a hotel, then rating it afterwards. I also try and get hotels that have character or a feel for where we are, or the type of trip I am on. In other words, when in Prague, I don't want the Hilton.

Reviews by others are very important, and we do our homework. Also considered are location, price, breakfast, communication.

Comfort, lighting, bathroom space, water pressure...all things that make a stay or can ruin it.

Ok, so I read and reread all the reviews for a place to stay in the palm area for 1 night while exploring Joshua Tree and our first stop in the 'palm' cities. (OK, we have driven past for 30 years LA to PHX and have never stopped....). I am a faithful RI user but the reviews had me worried. I was afraid I would be disappointed. Well, taking a risk on a place that cost a lot more or a lot less with mixed reviews seemed just as risky. After a few weeks (:}) I decided to just go with the tried and true. I was prepared for the negatives but all I have to say is we were very pleased. It is actually one of the nicer RI's we have stayed in. The room was larger and more comfortable. We were placed just outside the pool with a private porch (didn't use), and downstairs for no luggage hauling. Night staff was friendly.
Location was on a main exit but way back. easy to find if you know what you are looking for (Applebees)
Room was very comfortable. Plenty of windows, light. Great kitchen to use although we didn't except fridge. Great shower, space, quiet. This set up had the sink outside the toilet area. I actually wondered if our room was handicapped access as it was so big, but It wasn't.

Breakfast is very important to me because I don't like looking for a place when we are short of time (going hiking early). The RI breakfast is always a winner for me and this was up to their high standards.
the pool (didn't use) and exercise area (didn't use) were small but adequate for a quick stop. If you want to hang at the pool and bask in the sun all day watching all the other folk, this may not be the place.
We weren't very impressed with city/area for hanging out, but if we ever have a reason to stay here again we would certainly come back here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us while passing through Palm Desert! We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope to see you again soon in the near future!
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here from Friday to Monday. Accommodations were excellent...bed extremely comfortable, pillows too, plenty of parking. Charming property with lots of jack rabbits roaming around. Very tasty free breakfast with a variety of choices and pleasant setting. I'll visit this property again.

Room Tip: My room was overlooking a gorgeous golf course. Quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Palm Desert! I appreciate the feedback as it is our continuous goal to improve our service and product. I appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and we hope to serve you again in the future!

Been to Residence Inn Palm Desert? Share your experiences!