Ok, this is an older property dating back to 1940s and its not 5 star, but we have loved this stay. We extended to 9 nights and don't want to leave!
Location: walking distance from elpaseo which is a good shopping street with lots of restaurants.
Accommodation: we r styling in a tennis studio overlooking pool and courts. It's about 500 sq feet and well appointed. It's modern and clean with daily maid service ( they do any dishes that u didn't fit in the dishwasher!) the kitchen has everything... Toaster, blender, garlic press etc.
Warning: the accommodation varies, we saw a 1940s studio ( pretty retro now) and an ultra trendy studio within the complex. If you don't like your room, ask for another as they are privately owned.
Tennis:We are taking tennis lessons each day - John is a great coach and we've really enjoyed this aspect. I am a beginner but my husband has played games with other guests and joined more sophisticated sessions. There's a really nice feeling around the resort; people are very welcoming.
Pool: it's a massive pool and maybe due to timing of our stay ( October) pretty empty. There are also ther smaller pools amongst the villas plus hot tubs, but we didn't use them.
Cafe: the cafe is only open 5 days a week for lunch and breakfast, but it does good salads and sandwiches at very reasonable prices
Downsides: it's a 3 star, there's no pool bar service like you would get at the four seasons. Also, no pool towels provided and loungers are a little dated. There are lots of flowers and good planting but hotel is not immaculate.
The resort is great value at 80-100 usd per night ( we booked online) plus 15 usd pp resort fee Due to location it seems to serve an order clientele, ( we were anomalies with a 6mth old baby).
We did a day trip to joshua tree park ( 1 hr drive) and an afternoon up the tram/cable car (45 min drive). We preferred the former as it was a more unusual place but both were good. As for the tram, it was about 20 degrees cooler at the top so about 65 degrees, only requiring a jumper when you were in shade.
- Also Known As:
- Shadow Mountain Resort And Club Hotel Palm Desert
- Shadow Mountain Resort And Club Hotel
- Shadow Mountain Hotel
- Shadow Mountain Resort Palm Desert
- Shadow Mountain Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming resort, breathtaking views, figure-eight swimming pool, home to Desert Tennis Academy lessons & clinics. Located in the heart of Palm Desert, CA the Resort is walking distance to the shops, restaurants and art galleries along the famed El Paseo. Guests have access to cafe & bar, complimentary tennis on 16 tennis courts, tennis pro-shop, pools, jacuzzis, fitness room, massage services, saunas, poolside patio BBQ, volleyball, basketball, bicycle rentals, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Shadow Mountain Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.