“Typical Motel 6” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Palm Desert

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Palm Desert to your Saves list
Motel 6 Palm Desert
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   78100 Varner Road, I-10 at Washington Street, Palm Desert, CA 92211   |
Ranked #21 of 22 hotels in Palm Desert
Buena Park
“Typical Motel 6”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This is pretty much a standard Motel 6. The room was clean, but the place has not been remodeled. There is plenty of parking. There are some restaurants and stores across the street in a strip mall. The somewhat steep overpass and the pedestrian unfriendly entrance to the strip mall are a mild deterrence.

Room Tip: Good for a highway motel, you are some distance from palm springs if you want to go sight seeing.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I was on the way to Ontario, California from Phoenix for business had to take my pet with me. I was suprised to learn that Motel 6 will allow any size of animal in a room at NO additonal charge. Some hotels/motels can charge up to $150.00 per night, so that is a bonsus. It is a very basic set-up, so don't expect anything. Checkin at 1000P was through a plexiglass bank window which kinda of raises your eyebrow concerning security.

The room rate was exceptional. The room was clean and the bed was minimally comfortable. The walls are somewhat thin, next time I would request a room on the second floor as there is allot of noise when rooms face the parking lot. The AC unit worked fine in my room. The shower could have used a bit more pressure

They did have free coffee in the lobby in the morning.

The pool is a moderate size and is open all day. There is not a fitness room, so I went running in the morning,(My dog was not unattended). It is located in a great neighborhood of Palm Desert,since my run allowed an experience of the neighborhood first hand. There are several places to have breakfast, lunch or dinner within a healthy walking distance or 10 minute drive.

I would give this property my repeat business.

Room Tip: Request room on second floor for a more quiet environment
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Fort Bragg, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed here overnight while travelling north. A typical no-frills Motel 6, just off I-10, but with no disturbance from traffic noise.
The ground floor room was clean, but in the full afternoon sun. On check-in we were warned "not to change the air conditioning settings as the AC unit would freeze up if adjusted ...". Well our room was hot & getting hotter, so we nudged the AC up which made little difference. Over a few hours we nudged it up further until it was on full & it was evident that the AC just couldn't cope with the heat. The dire warning of it freezing up just didn't happen. Eventually once the sun moved off and darkness fell it finally gained the upper hand and cooled the room to a more bearable temperature.
Would we stay there again? Might consider in an emergency situation if NO OTHER option was available. Otherwise..not a chance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

This is a clean quiet place for an overnight stay. It is a highway motel, empty during the day. If you are staying in the area longer than a day I would suggest the Motel 6 Downtown in Palm Springs about 25 minutes away. Palm Springs is less windy and you will find the pool can be used all day. In Palm Desert it was too windy to use the pool most days. At this motel you will need to drive for all meals.

My complaints are that for tall people the shower head is too low. Water pressure is not great and the sink tap has a series of fine sprays, most likely to save water but making it difficult to get a good rinse of the tooth brush or fill a cup of water.

I stayed there 3 nights.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
West Covina, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

As a business traveler, I have stayed at some of the best hotels around. However, when it comes to me paying for the room, I shop around.

This motel 6 was a great deal for the money (paid $76 with my AARP discount). Room was remodeled and refreshed - looked great. The 2 full size beds were ok, and the tv had HBO and worked fine. Plus it was only 7 miles away from the Fantasy Springs Casino - close!

Again, very pleased with the hotel - no frills but so what - the hotel next door was $100 more! My only recommendation would be to get a queen bed, which is probably better than the full size for comfort.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Oro Valley, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We were traveling through the Palm Springs area and needed to stop for one night. All moderate priced hotels were full, so we opted for a Motel 6 and crossed our fingers. We don't mind economy hotels for a one night stay if they are clean.... not that this was what I would call economy -- $70 AAA. I personally did not sleep much at all that night because all I could smell was stale perfume. I think it was in the sheets and then began to wonder if the sheets had been changed. There was Internet service for a fee which is a little annoying. I don't think we'll be staying at any more Motel 6s.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Juan Cosala, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

We just needed a place to sleep for a few hours on our drive to the coast. I thought the room was clean and in good condition. A good value for the one night stop.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Palm Desert? Share your experiences!