“Excellent property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

These timeshares are very nice. The surroundings are gorgeous. You are right by a golf course and the grounds are immaculately kept. The pool area is excellent as are the facilities. The accommodations are spacious and comfortable. You are also nearby the Marriott Resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

First time to Palm Springs, and this place was a great place to start. The surrounding area is beautiful and I've never seen so many golf courses in such a short proximity to one another. The only downside is if you're here to actually hit the city of palm springs, you're a 20-minute ut if you don't mind the drive, you're definitely not going to find a place like this much closer...

Had a two bedroom overlooking the golf course and the JW Marriott (where we had access to pools, gym, etc. during the week). The suites are huge and recently re-done with a modern feel and with lots of room for 5 people. Beds were comfortable, but nothing to write home about. What does require a mention is the balcony. It was huge and provided an expansive view over the golf course and waterfall. Definitely a great place to watch the sun go down.

The resort is huge, the grounds are nice and there are multiple pools. And while it is very family-friendly (replete with kids running wild through the convenience store and crying little jerks at the pool) there are pools that are identified as 'quiet' so those without kids can get away.

I will echo what other reviewers have said about service not being the highlight of the trip. While I didn't experience 'bad' service per-say, the 3 different times I attempted to reach an operator/front desk (during non-peak times) I was directed to an automated machine telling me to hold, and where no one ever picked-up. Good thing I'm not really high-maintenance, but I could see how this might bother others.

All-in-all a very nice place, especially if you travel with a large group. If I were visiting for nightlife and entertainment, I would probably look to stay a little closer to the city.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We really liked this place. They furnished us with anything we ran out of from lotion to shampoo to coffee. The suites are very large and the backside looks out on the golf course. I wish we could have set the temperature to either heat or air because the heater kicked on a couple of times and I consider that a huge energy waste. After a couple of nights I found the "sweet spot" for the temperature to set so that the heat wouldn't kick on. But more than anything I liked that the floor (tiled and carpeting) was clean.

Room Tip: Some are closer to a pool (I think there are 7 of them) but I don't see any locations as being b...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is my 10th vacation to DSV1. Spent two weeks this trip. All my pre vacation requests were filled. One bedroom in building "F", upper floor. We love the units large size, kitchen and golf course views. Service was great. We had a coffee pot replaced in 10 minutes.
The biggest plus to DSV1 is the access and benefits at the JW Marriott next door. The access to the spa, tennis and hotel pools. Discounted golf, spa treatments and food at JW restaurants will keep us coming back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful view and grounds. Very spacious interior that has been renovated. Found old 1/2 eaten apple in the drawer next to my bed and a half full frozen jug of milk in the refrigerator when we moved in. Cleaning person came back for a dozen eggs that were left by the prior tenants so she must have cleaned something just not the entire unit. After reading other reviews it seems as if cleaning and customer care could use an overhaul. Not sure we would stay here again unless reviews start to improve.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for visiting Marriott's Desert Springs Villas. It is concerning to hear items were left in your villa from the previous guest. This is certainly unacceptable and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We would welcome the chance to learn more about your experience and invite you to contact our Customer Care team at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384. Thank you again for providing us your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The pros: the suites are nicely decorated and are spacious. But there were many cons for our family, mostly stemming from the fact that we have a two-year-old toddler. First, we weren't allowed to check in until late in the afternoon because our suite (which was a two-bedroom suite) was having tile work done in one of the bathrooms -- which is not a satisfactory explanation when all one wants to do is unpack food/drinks in the kitchen area and other belongings in the bedroom areas that were not affected. Second, after checking in, our room keys didn't work later in the day. Third, we were kicked out of one of the pools because there were no babies allowed in the pool that afternoon (even though, as one guest told us, our daughter was being quiet and well-behaved). Fourth, we had to fight tooth-and-nail for a SLIGHTLY later checkout of 11a insteads of the 10a checkout time. When I asked for the later checkout, in light of our late check-in, the manager whom I spoke to initially responded by asking whether I had ever worked at a hotel before. It was a rude response that was reflective of an overall negative, inflexible, intolerant attitude towards families with young ones. I would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for visiting Marriott's Desert Springs Villas. While it is never easy to hear when we have not met our guest's expectations, we appreciate your feedback. We would welcome the chance to learn more about your stay and invite you to contact our Customer Care team at customer.care@vacationclub.com or by calling 800-860-9384.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stay in Palm Springs several times a year, different resort. This was my first time at Marriott Villas and the worst experience. We stayed at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I. Check in is at 4 pm, check out 10 am.?? We arrived there at 3 pm. They told us they will call when room is ready. When no one called us by 4:30 pm, we drove back to the check in desk. After looking at the computer for more than 15 minutes, they told us the room's #.When we arrived there, the cleaners were still cleaning the room. We could not check in until past 5 pm, but when we asked them to stay an hour late due to checking in late, their answer was "absolutely Not". They also added that we would be charged for a full day if we check out later than 10 am. I guess it's ok for them to check us late but it's not ok for us. They advertise for having 7 outdoor pools. For a big resort like that, they need more than 20 pools. Our pool was so far from our room and it was very small. We could not find any empty chair by the pool. We also did not have access to the hotel's pool. We could not use any swimming pool for the entire stay. I have never stayed anywhere in Palm Springs that has swimming pool issues. I will never go back to this resort. Waist of money...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for visiting Marriott's Desert Springs Villas. We apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay with us. We would welcome the chance learn more about your experience and invite you to contact our Customer Care team at customer.care@vacationclub.com or by calling 800-860-9384. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Been to Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I? Share your experiences!