“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Rockville
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We have been coming to Desert Springs Villas every year for the last 15 years. The villas are the biggest for Marriott Time Shares. The place needed a renovation a few years ago and it got one. There are some housekeeping issues at times but overrall, I wish I could live at this place. The staff is great and accomodating with villa requests. I do believe they are just about done with their renovations, which have taken some time. Will be back in 6 weeks so can't wait for our trip.

Owners of Villas I have free use of the spa at the JW during the week. There were some issues with this a few years back. The spa amenities are fantastic. The pool is quiet and the service is great. The main pool at the JW gets very crowded and load on weekends but it is a younger crowd.

Room Tip: I think it all comes down to preference. We generally stay on the golf course but on the ground flo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Desert spring villas were good for us as the villa was spacious, comfortable with good amenities. We had a two bedroom villa which was by the lake. Our girls loved feeding ducks every morning. Weather was also good which made our stay really a memorable one.

Stayed February 2014
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
We appreciate your five-star review of Marriott’s Desert Springs Villas I! As a loyal Tripadvisor contributor, we take great pride in providing you with an exceptional vacation experience. We are also happy to hear your girls loved feeding the ducks during their stay! Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Genoa, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed here for the first time, and I hope it won't be the last. The property is the first phase of the development, but it has been kept up and the grounds are clean, inviting and safe. Our one-bedroom unit was spacious and clean. There is a shuttle available to the two golf courses on the property. Played both course twice and both were fun to play. Challenging but not intimidating. Very quiet and a nice verandah for lounging, readin, napping.

Room Tip: If you want to be near the quiet pool (no Kids), get buildings N or O
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My family of five - children ages 9,13 and 15 staying a week I these lovely villas. The resort is one of the largest I've seen and there's loads to do. Since the villas are so close you can walk to the JW and use their facilities for free during the week days.

Villa- spacious and some newly decorated each has a washer and dryer, full kitchen huge balcony- 2 if you get the double.

The set up we had is where you have the 2 room option. You walk in and there's 2 a small hall with 2 separate doors- the first is a small 2 full beds and small balcony microwave and small fridge. Nice bathroom. This combines with the larger unit with the sunken living room with sectional couch that can be turned into another bed. The mattress was much better than a spring!

The master bedroom was large with king bed, vanity area, enormous soaking tub, shower etc. the master can also access the large balcony with chaise and outdoor dining area.
Because of the design you don't see your Neighbours but golfers may see you.

Pools- Villas have 4 pools I believe one with bar and food service and the Marriott has 3 large pools - one gradient with 2-6 feet deep.

Everyday there's lots of activities for adults and children of all ages- jewelry making, henna tattoos, desert animal visits and more. Some are free and some cost a few dollars.

Can't wait to return! Get these from owners and not the Marriott - saves a bundle.

Stayed January 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We just completed a 4-night stay at this property. We had a 1-bedroom villa with an adjoining 2-queen bed room for our daughters. We traveled there for a family gathering nearby and didn't spend much time on property so I can't speak to the other facilities. Our experience and this review is based only on our room experience.

The rooms themselves were excellent. Very spacious, with split bathrooms and great golf course views. Lots of TVs and plenty of room to spread out.

Unfortunately, our experience was marred by several gaps in service. Nothing horrible, but enough to tarnish our feelings for the property and at a cost of about $400 per night, I don't believe our expectations were unreasonable. We had the following issues:

1) Our first night there, we checked in, immediately left for dinner, and didn't return to our room until almost midnight. Once in bed we realized that none of the beds had comforters or blankets...just sheets. It was late and we were tired so just went to sleep. But clearly, the rooms had not been fully prepped prior to our arrival

2) Our first morning, we went to make coffee but there were no coffee amenities (creamers, sugar, etc). I spoke to the front desk and they were very apologetic about the bedding and coffee and assured me that it would be taken care of. In fact, they sent housekeeping over immediately with comforters and coffee stuff.

3) Although the hotel advertises free WiFi and provided an access code, we had no signal in our rooms. I asked the front desk about it and they gave me a 1-800 number with which to call AT&T. I'm not sure why guests are put in the position of debugging their WiFi, but I did call AT&T who acknowledged there was a problem and said they have their engineering department take care of it.

4) We returned to our rooms the evening of day 2 to find that they had not serviced the rooms. But they had started. All the towels had been removed from both bathrooms but no replacements were provided! I called the front desk and they sent housekeeping over with towels. And there was still no WiFi.

I spoke to the front desk manager the next morning and she was extremely nice and apologetic. She assured me that there would be no more housekeeping snafus and that our WiFi would be working that day. She also agreed to take $50 off our bill.

Epilogue: On our last day there were no housekeeping problems. But we never did get WiFi service in our rooms. At some point you just get tired asking for the same thing over and over. In summary, the room was very nice, but the service annoyances really dampened our enthusiasm for the place. And I don't believe the manager's response of a $50 credit was adequate for the hassle. (It represents only about 3% of the cost of our stay...)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for your detailed review of Marriott’s Desert Spring Villas I. There is no question that the Wi-Fi should have worked throughout your stay and that your room be cleaned properly. We apologize these problems impacted your stay and will follow up with the appropriate departments to correct the issues. Our team would also welcome the chance to personally respond to your concerns as this was not the level of service you expect or deserve.

At your earliest convenience, please contact our customer care team at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Roskilde, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Superb location, superior accommodation, nice surroundings, fine facilities, atmosphere when the best - cool place.. Nice people, cleaning in the top - the place to go on holiday and relax for real. Lot of stars!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Where do I start. We are dual owners in Hawaii and have stayed here the last two years with our parents who need a handicap room. We are Marriott platinum customers for three years running now. In other words we are Marriott committed customers.

This place seems to have focused on the wrong part of "customer service". They are very image sensitive, so the staff is always friendly and grounds are very nice but none of the maintenance staff seems to know how to do their job and the management team only cares about the response not the resolution. Also it seems whomever built the units did a horrible job.

internet from AT&T is very slow and every morning you have to login again and it's impossible. Ended up on my own hot spot every morning.

Local sounder alarms going off every morning and night for the water heater in the equipment room outside our front door. Maintenance couldn't fix it.

Cockroaches. Ugh!

Heater vent/registers painted shut

Sliding glass doors that barely open

Knives and dishes dirty when we arrived

Dishwasher broken in one of the units.

Toilets in handicap room overflowing in the middle of the day while we are out of the room. Maintenance guys didn't do anything to fix it.

Shower in handicap room doesn't drain properly and the whole bathroom floods.

Trash bags left outside the rooms and no one will pick it up. Maintenance guys that drive by the trash bags and won't touch.

Brand new this year the couches that are so uncomfortable.

Bed in handicap room is way too high.

HVAC that doesn't work properly. Room is always too hot or too cold and it runs when all the doors are open.

Trash and recycling dumpster not clearly marked and everyone throws trash in the wrong one.

Fireplace that doesn't work in one of the rooms.

Why no ceiling fans? Every other place we stay has them.

The paper products provided are so CHEAP, admittedly this complaint applies to all Marriott timeshares.

Cable that only works partially. Several channels listed do not show signal or are so snowy it's impossible to watch.

Stayed December 2013
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for visiting Marriott’s Desert Springs Villas I. While it is never easy to hear when we have not met our guest’s expectations, we appreciate your honest feedback about your stay. The service you described is not typical of our resort experience and we would like to personally respond to your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please contact our Customer Care team at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384.

Been to Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I? Share your experiences!