The time spent at this resort was great. We loved the resort and the one bedroom condo that we had suited our family perfectly. The grounds were beautiful and the pools we very much enjoyed during the bout of unseasonably hot weather that we had. We found the bed comfortable and the kitchen was well equipped. We found the staff very helpful and friendly. Our kids enjoyed the kids clubs, although there weren't too many families around when we were there. We rented bikes from the resort one day and they had sizes right for everybody. Staff at "The Shade" were very nice.
We also went over and used the adjoining Marriott pool which was also very nice. It was nice to have the option of using that property (although not on weekends, I understand).
We are not golfers but we enjoyed watching others try as we sipped coffee or drinks on our deck. The course looked beautiful.
Our only complaint would be the wifi - OMG it was so flaky which was quite frustrating. It would drop out all the time. Not quite sure what could be done about that but it was very annoying.
There is a Ralph's grocery store and a drug store just a very short distance away which was good to buy groceries and the like.
Our family enjoyed the Tram, the Living Desert, Joshua Tree National Park, the VillageFest (Thursday evenings), and the Children's Museum while we were there. All were within easy driving of the Resort. You can high tail it on the I-10 (fast drivers!!) or drive through town, which was much slower with a lot of traffic lights.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Desert Springs Villas i Hotel
- Marriott`s Desert Springs Villas i Hotel Palm Desert
- Marriotts Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriotts
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Desert serves as the exceptional setting for Marriott's Desert Springs Villas. Beautifully designed on 400 acres. Adjacent to the JW Marriott Resort & Spa. Enjoy 36 holes of manicured fairways, exquisite tennis facilities, a lavish European spa and tempting cuisine. On-site, soak up the sun and relax with 7 luxurious pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.