Desert Springs Villas I are some of the most spacious timeshare properties in the Marriott system. Being attached to the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort and Spa provide a nice option for hotel stays, if one prefers a more homey and private stay with all of the resort benefits!
Be aware that this property has BOTH Villas I and Villas II! Villas I are a few years older than Villas II but offer much larger units (approx. 1600 sf), with step-down living rooms with fireplaces!
Fully equipped kitchens and W/D are part of the 1-BR and fully 2-BR units. Good news is that the units are being refurbished with new carpeting and furnishings in more subtle and warm colors.
The Villas are gated and offer a few Clubhouses, 7 pools, small but efficient workout rooms, free weekday USA Today at the Clubhouse. Small mini-mart at clubhouses. Various activities (some for fees, others free) are also offered on a daily basis.
1- Feels more like a 'second home' than a hotel stay
2- Great option for guest who need multiple rooms. Let's everyone stay together and get the bonus of a full kitchen, W/D, large living room and dining table for 6!
3- Parking is short walk from the unit (and there is no charge)
4- Large patio/balcony with table, chairs, and chaise
5- Villas I (NOT Villas II) offers complimentary hotel spa access M-F. (Great deal! A savings of several hundred dollars for a party of 4 over the course of the week!!!!)
6- Discount card offers discounts for hotel services and amenities (and some local restaurants too)
1- Because of the large units and timeshare element, there can be a lot of families. So, if you prefer to be away from kids and noise, stay away from most of the pools. Use the spa benefit and use the spa pool (no children allowed)!
2- Although there is a full kitchen, be aware that you may not have all the necessary kitchen needs to cook fully meals as you would at home. There were no mixing bowls, small fry pan, hand mixer, roasting pan, etc.
3- If you plan to cook, you should plan ahead. Remember the basics: salt, pepper, sugar, etc.
4- Housekeeping on this recent visit proved lacking in that there were no kitchen dish towels, dish cloths, and pot holders and additional plastic garbage bags for under kitchen sink garbage can. Also, no face cloths in the master bath (should have been 4).
Needed to call the front desk to get these items delivered.
If you stay at the Villas I and decide to do cooking, there is a large Ralph's grocery store just across the street from Hotel on Cook and Country Club.
The shuttle service is convenient and offers all day service throughout the Villas property and to the main hotel and spa.
Note: If you are flying into Palm Springs and not getting a car, be aware that your taxi ride will be about $50 one way
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Desert Springs Villas i Hotel
- Marriott`s Desert Springs Villas i Hotel Palm Desert
- Marriotts Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriotts
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Desert serves as the exceptional setting for Marriott's Desert Springs Villas. Beautifully designed on 400 acres. Adjacent to the JW Marriott Resort & Spa. Enjoy 36 holes of manicured fairways, exquisite tennis facilities, a lavish European spa and tempting cuisine. On-site, soak up the sun and relax with 7 luxurious pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Olotels, Travelocity, Marriott, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Venere, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.