“Wish we could of stayed longer!” 5 of 5 stars

International Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   74-380 El Camino, Palm Desert, CA 92260   |
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Traralgon, Australia
“Wish we could of stayed longer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Here for coachella at the minute and we stayed here for one night before going to the Marriott Desert for our package deal! Wow is all i can say! Was amazing hotel - spacious, bed was amazing! Shower - excellent! Def recommend it to people to stay for their coachella experience! And the guys were most helpful to my sister who had issues with her credit card neing fraudently used! She was most impressed with the service!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Laguna Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Just had our first stay at International Lodge. My husband and I and two other couples booked 3 rooms while we were in town for an event. All the rooms were different and all were large, super clean, comfortable and well appointed. We loved having the kitchen and 'fridge. The staff are wonderful and bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed. Very impressed with the hotel and will be back again.

Room Tip: The king rooms were very large and comfy. Most rooms face a swimming pool (there are 3!).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Alan G, General Manager at International Lodge, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
We are all looking forward to your groups return during the next Coachella Festival in 2014. Everyone in your group was great. You don't know how much we really value your business and highly rated review. We never take any of our guests for granted. It is always wonderful when a large group comes with multiple rooms and they all leave happy. Thank you!!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here for Coachella weekend and it was the PERFECT PLACE! The room was adorable and looked like something out of an IKEA catalog, i believe it was Room #13. Everything you needed is in the room and the balcony was very large. Housekeeping came by every morning to check on us and see if we needed anything. Location was right across from the shuttle stop too! Nothing but great things to stay about this place!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Courtenay, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We recently stayed at the International lodge for 2 months. We had stayed last year and rented from the owner which meant we cleaned our own suite but it was well stocked. This year we rented from Alan the manager. He informed us the rent had gone up but we would get house keeping every 3 days so we thought it was worth it. Well it never happened, we were lucky to see them every 5 days after numerous requests. If I needed new towels I had to try and find the cleaning staff. The cleaning staff did what they could considering the cleaning equipment they had,an example of this is they had to wash the floors with a rag under the broom. Needless to say the cleaning was spotty.
The laundry room which had 2 washing machines and 2 dryers that were used daily by the cleaning staff as they did not have enough laundry to change the beds until they washed the sheets. For 2 weeks the washing machine was not working so it made it more difficult. I took my laundry to a laundry service down the road as there was never access to the machines during the day. The florescent lights in the laundry room were not working for two weeks so if you wanted to do the laundry at night you had to take a flash light.
The suite above us has a leak in the bottom of the shower which caused the water to run into our bathroom, we reported this and they did try and fix it. It continued to leak so we asked to be moved or to move the people above us to avoid this. Alan told us they could not do this as there were no rooms available. We noted there were several rooms but they wanted to rent them out on a daily basis as this was more profitable. He did offer on the last 2 days of our trip.
There is a security problem at the resort, several vehicles broken into and things stolen so be aware if you are staying there.
The garbage containers were at the back of our suites which attracted flies that got to be a problem when trying to eat outside.
We found the management unresponsive to any concerns regarding the leak, the internet and the laundry room.
We are going back to Palm Desert next year for 2 months but definitely not here.

Room Tip: Room 45 was old needed to be updated. Beds squeaked so bad when you got up we woke each other up. Ni...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Middletown, Oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

When you first arrive, the outside doesn't strike you as a "great" place. It's clean, but not amazing. However, the rooms are fantastic. Clean, modern, well layed out...Well maintained.

Alan and Liam are very personable and very willing to help in anyway.
We were in room #28 right by the Hot Tub and it was a great room. We would stay again in a heart-beat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
tampa, fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed in room 24 at the International Lodge in April for 5 nights while in Palm Springs for a tennis tournament. We chose this hotel because it was reasonably priced for a room with a kitchenette. Price was about $110/night + tax for double queen suite not facing pool.

Pros:
-- Space. It is a large space with a large balcony. Kitchen has small stove, microwave, full size fridge and is well equipped.
-- Beds were relatively comfortable.
-- The room was quiet.

Cons:

-- You are charged fully the day before you arrive. This is not stated in policies for this hotel on Booking.com (it says card may be pre-authorized, which is completely different), nor in the email confirmation I received from Booking.com. There is no changing your mind once that charge goes through. No refunds for nights unused. You’re stuck. The person who checked me in told me that they are a “pre-paid” hotel. This should be CLEARLY stated on Booking.com site in the policies section. (It's not stated on the hotel website either, nor can rooms be booked on their site.)

-- The free wifi in our room was spotty at best. We arrived on Saturday and after several email communications with the manager (using my wireless phone) and a voice mail left at the office, I just gave up. Had Internet for a few hours Sunday night and then off and on (more off than on) throughout the rest of the trip. When I needed to use the Internet I went to the nearby Panera. I use my laptop in hotels, airports, work, home, etc with no trouble, this was a hotel issue. Had I been able to change to another hotel, I would have done it on Sunday as I needed reliable Internet, but the hotel had charged my credit card for 100% of the stay the day before I arrived and I didn’t feel like fighting to get my $$ back.

-- The room has a run-down feeling. The sofa, carpet, etc just didn’t look very clean. There are light stains on the sofa and the two “dining” chairs. The huge balcony is uninviting because the outdoor carpet has many areas with holes worn through and looks dirty, the lounge chair cushions are tattered and shabby. Although we originally booked this hotel because of the kitchen, we didn’t end up cooking because the room in general didn’t feel clean.

-- Another reviewer mentioned a small TV. It’s true – I never realized how used to a larger TV I was. The remote’s back is off and you have to push repeatedly and very hard to get the channel to move up or down. We didn’t use it very much, it wasn’t worth the hassle.

Overall staying at the International Lodge is like staying in someone’s old apartment. Apparently all of the rooms are individually owned and are furnished differently. Based on the reviews, there are many people who love it and return regularly. As for me, next time I’d opt for a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alan G, Manager at International Lodge, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
As a General Manager and Owner I take all guest complaints very seriously and personally. It is unfortunate that you had this experience while you were at our hotel. Had I known this while you were staying with us I would have moved you and or taken care of any issues that you may of had. We currently have remodeled completely over 85% percent of our suites in the past year. The specific suite you were in had not been remodeled. It is unacceptable that the furnishings were not up to the International Lodge standards. I have notified my staff to replace all the furnishings in that suite including the TV with new ones. The suite is now scheduled to be completely torn down and redone shortly. I want to apologize again and hope you can consider visiting us in the future.
Trail, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I would agree with some of the previous reviews on this site. The International Lodge is affordable & conveniently located and, on the surface, an attractively decorated facility. Short stay customers would find these accommodations quite acceptable. HOWEVER, should you wish to plan an extended stay, like we have 3 times now, there are some things you should know. The facility is under relatively new management since our initial stay four years ago & while I think that they are trying their best to present as a first class accommodation, they are a long way from achieving that goal. An issue of huge contention is the laundry service: there are 2 washing machines & 2 dryers for 52 units, which are monopolized daily by the housekeeping staff who DO NOT have a separate laundry facility. There was a 3 week period this winter when only 1 washing machine was in operation. For 2 weeks, there was no lighting in the laundry room which required that you use a flashlight to do laundry in the evening when the machines WERE available. Our unit was described as "upgraded" (not all rooms are) which appeared to mean, a coat of paint over walls that have seen better days & some nice cabinets in the kitchen & bathroom. The rug in the sitting area was so filthy that we rolled it up & put it under the bed when a request to have it cleaned was acknowledged but ignored. Upon arrival, we were told that we could expect housekeeping services every 2 - 3 days but, we often waited up to 6 days for service. The units are not equipped with ANY cleaning supplies which would at least allow you to do light housekeeping yourself. They are very under staffed in the housekeeping department & here I must highly commend those young women, who do their best but, fall short of even adequate service because they are spread so thin. In the 2+ months that we were at the IL, there were SEVERAL incidents of vandalism & theft from vehicles on the property. The monthly rate we have been charged, in the past, was definitely value for the dollar but, with the "upgraded" status & only daily rates available, 2014 rates have increased by 100% to $3000/month which, is definitely over the top for a 700 sq.ft. space. We have made 2014 arrangements elsewhere for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit for the same price. Management at this facility "talks a good line" but, they are definitely not action oriented so, don't hold your breath waiting for them to take care of your concerns.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to International Lodge? Share your experiences!