“Good Deal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Palm Desert
California
“Good Deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This place is OK by me! We stayed there in one of the refurbished studios, I think # 24, for 4 nights October 2012 at a BARGAIN PRICE, well under $100/night. I left my iPod in the room and the staff was great about sending it back to me--I talked to Leo, who checked on it and returned my call. I sent them a prepaid, pre-addressed box and it was returned promptly with a nice note from Alan. It's not a 5-star resort but we definitely got our money's worth.
Pros: Nice stone tile flooring, new furniture, cabinets and refrig, location near the tennis garden, nice size room with kitchen on one wall. Flaws: Not quite decorator-perfect with a few places needing paint touch up or repairs to finish work.
We'd go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a refubished room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mimi005

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was recently in the Coachella Valley and stayed @ the International lodge. My private condo was extremely clean & furnished during my entire stay and i quickly felt at home after a day or so into my 3 week stay. The staff was friendly & professional and always made sure I had everything (including high speed Internet). I recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean, nicely furnished condo @ at an excellent rate! 5 STARS!!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank JScheer11
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I've been returning here for years. Many improvements increase the comfort but keep the 60's vibe and charm. Each unit is different, some are original and funky, some are nicely restored. You won't find cookie cutter hotel rooms (they're large studios) , and the people here are are just as approachable and interesting. Location is great, walk to El Paseo. It's not the Marriott, don't expect a $20. sandwich poolside!

Room Tip: Splurge on one of the modern/ restored studios, unless they all look the same in the dark.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Quickslippy
Alan G, General Manager at International Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate the positive feedback you wrote about our hotel most especially about how unique each one of our suites are in terms of decor. We are very happy to see that you have been coming to our wonderful Palm Desert oasis for years as have most of our guests.
Woodland Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My International lodge experience was the best I've had. My room was clean and luxurious. Pimp status if I might add. Leo was very friendly and accommodating. I definitely suggest International Lodge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank Felipe H
Artesia, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We've been coming up for years and try to visit at least once a summer and we always have the best time. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are perfect.. You're able to grovery shop and cook in the room and it's awesome!! Will never stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Deanna R
Alan G, General Manager at International Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Deanna thank you so much for being one of our loyal guests. As you know with so many locations to choose from we never take any of our guest for granted. We look forward to having you back.
Mission Viejo, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This place is horrible. The rooms are the grossest and dirtiest you will see. They do not wash the bed sheets, towels, or carpets. Me and my girlfriend were staying here for stagecoach and this placed ruined our whole weekend. The first day we showed up and walked in to the room and it smelt like trash. The bed sheets were not washed and wreaked of BO. The towels they had left for us were stained and never washed from the previous people. At this time I called the owner/ manager Allan, who did not pick up so walked to the office and was already closed at 3 in the afternoon, to see if we could get all clean bedding and towels. Not once did this joke of a manager or owner pick up or call back the WHOLE weekend.

Luckily had some blankets in my car so my girlfriend and I thought we will just lay that on the bed and sleep so we could sleep on something clean. Was I wrong. When I turned off the lights to go to bed the creatures decided to come out. As I was laying In bed and heard something running on the floor so turned on the lights really fast and what do you know. I see a mouse go running across the floor, there are two cockroaches on the counter and one running down the wall almost on to the bed where we were sleeping. At this point I knew we could not stay here.
We left that night to go sleep at Embassy Suites , which was charging 500 for one night since this was stagecoach weekend, but let me tell you, it was well worth anything to get out of this place.

The next morning I go to the office and find Mary working. I tell her about all the problems we had and she was extremely sorry and told us she would bring us new bed sheets and towels and clean up the room a little. But what do you know this never happened. At this point I was extremely upset calling Allan over and over and leaving him message to call me right away, But not once did we get a text or call back.

Me and my girlfriend were debating just going home because we could not get a decent room to stay in.

We decided to go to target to just buy new bed sheets, towels, cleaning supplies, RAID!! and air freshener because we wanted to still go to stagecoach.

The managers, staff, and owner here will not help you out at all. They will avoid and not respond to a single phone call.

At the end of our trip I went to the front office to drop off the keys and hope to find someone working. Luckily I found another manager (forgot his name) and told him about all the problems we had this weekend and told him we would like some of our money back. He would not give us anything back even for nights we did not stay since it was so dirty. We even showed him a receipt at Embassy Suites to show him we were not yanking his chain. He told us he would have Allan call us back about these issues and make it right, but this never happened.

Over the next months we fought with our credit card company to get our money and tried calling allan every couple of days to get this situation strained out, But never ended up getting anything worked out.

I do not recommend this place to anyone. It is a complete joke!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank David O
Alan G, General Manager at International Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Guest, I apologize for the level of hospitality you received on your stay back in 2011. I do appreciate your feedback and can assure you that none of the issues described have taken place since your departure in April 2011 . My team and I use guest feedback as a tool to improve our processes and procedures. We've made great strides in the past two years to improve and expand our guest relations. On behalf of myself and my staff we hope you can give the International Lodge another opportunity to be your Palm Desert Oasis.
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The international lodge was amazing..the staff here was so friendly and made my guest and I feel at home..the room was great..very clean and updated and very roomy..the onsite pool was very clean..the entire property is well kept...I will definitely come back here again...and its less than 1mile from restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Desert
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II

Been to International Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!