“Love it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Palm Desert
Artesia, California, United States
“Love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We've been coming up for years and try to visit at least once a summer and we always have the best time. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are perfect.. You're able to grovery shop and cook in the room and it's awesome!! Will never stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Alan G, General Manager at International Lodge, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Deanna thank you so much for being one of our loyal guests. As you know with so many locations to choose from we never take any of our guest for granted. We look forward to having you back.

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Mission Viejo, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This place is horrible. The rooms are the grossest and dirtiest you will see. They do not wash the bed sheets, towels, or carpets. Me and my girlfriend were staying here for stagecoach and this placed ruined our whole weekend. The first day we showed up and walked in to the room and it smelt like trash. The bed sheets were not washed and wreaked of BO. The towels they had left for us were stained and never washed from the previous people. At this time I called the owner/ manager Allan, who did not pick up so walked to the office and was already closed at 3 in the afternoon, to see if we could get all clean bedding and towels. Not once did this joke of a manager or owner pick up or call back the WHOLE weekend.

Luckily had some blankets in my car so my girlfriend and I thought we will just lay that on the bed and sleep so we could sleep on something clean. Was I wrong. When I turned off the lights to go to bed the creatures decided to come out. As I was laying In bed and heard something running on the floor so turned on the lights really fast and what do you know. I see a mouse go running across the floor, there are two cockroaches on the counter and one running down the wall almost on to the bed where we were sleeping. At this point I knew we could not stay here.
We left that night to go sleep at Embassy Suites , which was charging 500 for one night since this was stagecoach weekend, but let me tell you, it was well worth anything to get out of this place.

The next morning I go to the office and find Mary working. I tell her about all the problems we had and she was extremely sorry and told us she would bring us new bed sheets and towels and clean up the room a little. But what do you know this never happened. At this point I was extremely upset calling Allan over and over and leaving him message to call me right away, But not once did we get a text or call back.

Me and my girlfriend were debating just going home because we could not get a decent room to stay in.

We decided to go to target to just buy new bed sheets, towels, cleaning supplies, RAID!! and air freshener because we wanted to still go to stagecoach.

The managers, staff, and owner here will not help you out at all. They will avoid and not respond to a single phone call.

At the end of our trip I went to the front office to drop off the keys and hope to find someone working. Luckily I found another manager (forgot his name) and told him about all the problems we had this weekend and told him we would like some of our money back. He would not give us anything back even for nights we did not stay since it was so dirty. We even showed him a receipt at Embassy Suites to show him we were not yanking his chain. He told us he would have Allan call us back about these issues and make it right, but this never happened.

Over the next months we fought with our credit card company to get our money and tried calling allan every couple of days to get this situation strained out, But never ended up getting anything worked out.

I do not recommend this place to anyone. It is a complete joke!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Alan G, General Manager at International Lodge, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Guest, I apologize for the level of hospitality you received on your stay back in 2011. I do appreciate your feedback and can assure you that none of the issues described have taken place since your departure in April 2011 . My team and I use guest feedback as a tool to improve our processes and procedures. We've made great strides in the past two years to improve and expand our guest relations. On behalf of myself and my staff we hope you can give the International Lodge another opportunity to be your Palm Desert Oasis.
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The international lodge was amazing..the staff here was so friendly and made my guest and I feel at home..the room was great..very clean and updated and very roomy..the onsite pool was very clean..the entire property is well kept...I will definitely come back here again...and its less than 1mile from restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I just came back from our Honeymoon in Europe. We had a great time; however with the jet lag and all the walking back and forth to visit museums and restaurants, we didn't feel we had time to relax. We decided to take another minor Honeymoon in Palm Desert.

We couldn't have picked a better spot than International Lodge! The condos had a vintage feel to them as if we were traveling back in time 40 or 50 years ago which I dug a lot! The room was nicely decorated and clean, and had a what I sensed was a "rustic modern" look to it with brand new appliances in the kitchen. The towels and toilete papers were folded in a manner that resembled a fan, which shows that even the house cleaners take great pride in their job and are'nt afraid to add a little of their creativity to it.

Most of the time we stayed in the room reading and watching television with no one around to bother us. Our room was right next to the pool, and so in the morning we opened up the sliding door to the pool and layed out in the sun to read some more. The pool wasn't crowded at all which was a plus!

When we checked out I had a pleasant conversation with Alan and Leo who asked how our stay was. They were very friendly and willing to help out if we needed anything through out our stay. We finally got the relaxation that was missing from our honeymoon thanks to International Lodge. We definitely would come back again. If you are looking for the perfect getaway spot in Palm Desert, this is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback. My staff and I had a pleasant time getting to know you and your wife. I am so happy you chose the International Lodge as your second honeymoon.
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My four daughters and I have visited the palm springs area every spring for the past 8 years . We keep looking for just the right spot. International Lodge had everything we were looking for. The room was clean and beautifully decorated with a fully stocked kitchen. The close access to the pool was one of our favorite amentities along with the great service from the front office and their concern for us having a good time and making sure we were happy with our accomodations. We will definitely be returning next spring. If not sooner. Thank you International Lodge.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Encinitas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

International Lodge is just off the 74 and 111 and within a 5 minute walk to "El Paseo," (which hosts all the shopping, restaurants and coffee houses you'll ever need) and several large grocers. Leo White received my call to reserve and accepted my keys at check-out; at every point in between he was professional, courteous and accommodating. At first sight the property looks bland and clinical. Upon closer inspection you'll note the exterior masonry craftsmanship leads to a brilliant shiny interior. Unit 27 greets you with polished black onyx floors, wrought-iron pedestal sinks, granite covered kitchenette counters and wall to ceiling windows overlooking the jacuzzi courtyard. There's no bath in this location, but an immaculately tiled, sunken shower adds that element of distinction found throughout this little gem. The bed is comfortable and the kitchenette is stocked with a refrigerator, stainless-steel oven and full microwave, glasses, plates and utensils for two (no cups or coffee maker). The painted aluminum dinette is adjacent to the lounge area with a retro TV (cathode ray) with cable access (no BluRay or DVD player). Although this property is in a quiet location, one major detraction is the poor sound barrier between the upper and lower floors. You can hear people walking up the stairs and in their unit. Parking is unassigned so we were able to park directly outside our door (similar to a motel) which was a great convenience. The pool and jacuzzi were standard and again, very quiet. Our unit did not permit pets, but we noted that several others do. I highly recommend International Lodge based on it's price point and value.

Room Tip: Studio 27: Stone floors, down-free bedding and no pets make this unit an excellent choice for those...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm Desert, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have stayed here for about a month now and plan on staying until August. I am just working here in Palm Desert until the summer is over. There are many reasons I will continue to stay here. It is a fully furnished apartment, everything is very clean, and comfortable. I love that the kitchen is fully stocked with everything I could possibly need. It is a great location to stay or live at an affordable price! Everything is fully functional and the pool/jacuzzi are amazing. I have a balcony with great furniture and even a TV to kick back and relax. The landlord (Alan) has been very helpful and understanding with any problem I've come to him with. Overall this place is a well-managed and I enjoy living here.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to International Lodge? Share your experiences!