“Just 100% Super!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Palm Desert, California
“Just 100% Super!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The international lodge was amazing..the staff here was so friendly and made my guest and I feel at home..the room was great..very clean and updated and very roomy..the onsite pool was very clean..the entire property is well kept...I will definitely come back here again...and its less than 1mile from restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I just came back from our Honeymoon in Europe. We had a great time; however with the jet lag and all the walking back and forth to visit museums and restaurants, we didn't feel we had time to relax. We decided to take another minor Honeymoon in Palm Desert.

We couldn't have picked a better spot than International Lodge! The condos had a vintage feel to them as if we were traveling back in time 40 or 50 years ago which I dug a lot! The room was nicely decorated and clean, and had a what I sensed was a "rustic modern" look to it with brand new appliances in the kitchen. The towels and toilete papers were folded in a manner that resembled a fan, which shows that even the house cleaners take great pride in their job and are'nt afraid to add a little of their creativity to it.

Most of the time we stayed in the room reading and watching television with no one around to bother us. Our room was right next to the pool, and so in the morning we opened up the sliding door to the pool and layed out in the sun to read some more. The pool wasn't crowded at all which was a plus!

When we checked out I had a pleasant conversation with Alan and Leo who asked how our stay was. They were very friendly and willing to help out if we needed anything through out our stay. We finally got the relaxation that was missing from our honeymoon thanks to International Lodge. We definitely would come back again. If you are looking for the perfect getaway spot in Palm Desert, this is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Alan G, General Manager at International Lodge, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback. My staff and I had a pleasant time getting to know you and your wife. I am so happy you chose the International Lodge as your second honeymoon.
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My four daughters and I have visited the palm springs area every spring for the past 8 years . We keep looking for just the right spot. International Lodge had everything we were looking for. The room was clean and beautifully decorated with a fully stocked kitchen. The close access to the pool was one of our favorite amentities along with the great service from the front office and their concern for us having a good time and making sure we were happy with our accomodations. We will definitely be returning next spring. If not sooner. Thank you International Lodge.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Encinitas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

International Lodge is just off the 74 and 111 and within a 5 minute walk to "El Paseo," (which hosts all the shopping, restaurants and coffee houses you'll ever need) and several large grocers. Leo White received my call to reserve and accepted my keys at check-out; at every point in between he was professional, courteous and accommodating. At first sight the property looks bland and clinical. Upon closer inspection you'll note the exterior masonry craftsmanship leads to a brilliant shiny interior. Unit 27 greets you with polished black onyx floors, wrought-iron pedestal sinks, granite covered kitchenette counters and wall to ceiling windows overlooking the jacuzzi courtyard. There's no bath in this location, but an immaculately tiled, sunken shower adds that element of distinction found throughout this little gem. The bed is comfortable and the kitchenette is stocked with a refrigerator, stainless-steel oven and full microwave, glasses, plates and utensils for two (no cups or coffee maker). The painted aluminum dinette is adjacent to the lounge area with a retro TV (cathode ray) with cable access (no BluRay or DVD player). Although this property is in a quiet location, one major detraction is the poor sound barrier between the upper and lower floors. You can hear people walking up the stairs and in their unit. Parking is unassigned so we were able to park directly outside our door (similar to a motel) which was a great convenience. The pool and jacuzzi were standard and again, very quiet. Our unit did not permit pets, but we noted that several others do. I highly recommend International Lodge based on it's price point and value.

Room Tip: Studio 27: Stone floors, down-free bedding and no pets make this unit an excellent choice for those...
Palm Desert, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have stayed here for about a month now and plan on staying until August. I am just working here in Palm Desert until the summer is over. There are many reasons I will continue to stay here. It is a fully furnished apartment, everything is very clean, and comfortable. I love that the kitchen is fully stocked with everything I could possibly need. It is a great location to stay or live at an affordable price! Everything is fully functional and the pool/jacuzzi are amazing. I have a balcony with great furniture and even a TV to kick back and relax. The landlord (Alan) has been very helpful and understanding with any problem I've come to him with. Overall this place is a well-managed and I enjoy living here.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed in the International Lodge from October of 2011 til May 2012. About 6 months. I'm a seasonal worker in the golf industry, and travel back and forth between states bi-annually. It was a fully furnished apartment, so I didn't need to bring much down with me this year.. VERY nice. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything (and more) I might need, coffee pot, blender, pots and pans, plates, silverware, dish soap, etc.. you get the idea.
Everything was nice, and adorably decorated. Great patio/balcony.. spent a lot of time out there. King size bed with a pull-out couch for when I had visitors. Nice TV with DVD player (which is something I miss a lot when staying in hotels.. this was a perk!)
Heat/AC worked great, wireless internet was very fast, never had problems with it for six months.. that's pretty good I'd say! One of my favorite parts about my unit was all the lamps and lights! Felt so home-y! Laundry was only 50 yards away from me, and only had to wait once for a washer. Always available. The pool area was very nice, and I really liked having a barbeque out there as well.
Alan was my land-lord. He and the staff were overly accomodating. Any time I had an issue (one time left the stove on late at night, and locked myself out! Called him, and he sent someone over in less that five minutes to let me in! Whew!) They're all easy-going folks, made me feel comfortable.
Overall, it was just an easy experience living here. Easy/simple is something that is invaluable to me, so I am thankful for everyone at the International who made my winter so wonderful!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Whittier, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We have been going to this place for years and finally decided to give it a review. The place is very well kept, clean, quiet, and the front office staff, particularly the young man who admitted us on May 19, 2012, was very helpful, kind, and well-mannered. If anyone wants to go to a good and quiet place to relax, this is the place. Plus, it is close to whatever type of store or restaurant you would like to go to. Rates are very reasonable, at least prior to Memorial Day weekend, after that I do not know what the rates go up to.

Room Tip: call ahead of time, ground floor near the pool is the best.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to International Lodge? Share your experiences!