“Delivered as promised!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop House Palm Desert is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 240 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Californian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Portola
Description: THE VALLEY'S FAVORITE SINCE 1992! Our Motto: Fresh.California. Happy! Born out of our love of food and hospitality, Kaiser Grille has been synonymous with quality and value for over twenty years in the Coachella Valley. Founded by Kaiser Morcus in 1992, Kaiser Grille quickly became a hotspot for locals and visitors alike. After a ten year hibernation in Palm Desert, his son, Eric is taking the helm in his new restaurant. We are located at the former Chop House location in Palm Desert. Fresh from a remodel and menu change, we are located just a few blocks away from where it all began over twenty years ago. Yet, as we all get better with age, we hope that this time of rest has given us more passion and inspiration to provide more enjoyment for your dining experience.
Issaquah, WA
“Delivered as promised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I just expected a nice steakhouse and got exactly that. I ordered an 8-oz filet that came perfectly cooked as ordered (medium rare) with a caesar salad. My wife ordered the chicken (also very enjoyable) and we shared a "small" dish of asparagus (way plenty for two.)

Our server was knowledgeable and efficient.

You won't be disappointed!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Laguna Beach, California
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had an amazing dinner here this past weekend and will certainly be back in the future. Were debating between this place and Ruth Chris after a long day of golf and elected to try something new. Service was great the entire night, everything arrived promptly and we really had no complaints. I ended up ordering the Scottish Salmon and my boyfriend went with the ribeye, both of which were excellent. And while I went with fish, I would say that if you try this place I would definitely recommend trying one of the steaks. There are many different cuts to chose from and it seemed like thats all anyone in the restaurant was ordering. It's a little pricy, but definitely a good choice for a special occasion.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Darien, Illinois
“Excellent Steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Daughter and I went to the Chop House on a Monday evening. The place was not crowded and we were immediately seated in a booth. We had the 8 oz filet and the 16 oz rib-eye. Both were medium rare and cooked perfectly. Each of our steaks were superb, which is what you want when visiting a fine steak house. We upgraded to caesar salads instead of the house salad ($5 each), and split a large lobster mac and cheese, which was also excellent. Service was impeccable, and not the least overbearing. Total cost for the dinner was $110 before tip. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a great steak. It's not cheap, but it's worth it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hesperia, California
“Happy Hour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The house wines are very nice. The bar menu has some very tasty small plates. Ahi tuna is always one of my favorites. The service is good, the bar hasn't been busy the last few times I've been in... summer time!

Visited August 2013
Indian Wells, California
“Service Indifference”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

After a very trying and long day, we were looking forward to a relaxed, pleasant dinner. The special included some reasonable choices including salad and dessert. My dining companion selected salmon and I ordered a small filet, medium rare. Our entrees arrived in due course however when I cut into my "prime" filet, not only was it tough but beyond medium in preparation. When paying for prime in a "chop house" I would expect the steak to be grilled to perfection. I can count the number of times I have sent a meal back on one hand but on this occasion, I was not about to settle for whatever they served me.

The point of this review is not about the food so much as the service. The waitress seemed less than interested that my steak was overdone but took the plate back to the kitchen. In the meantime, my companion finished his dinner as well as half of the two sides, creamed corn and spinach, before my re-ordered steak was delivered. So he watched me eat a now perfectly prepared steak with cold creamed spinach and corn that had reduced to the consistency of wheat paste. My issue was that never was I offered replacements of the sides, an apology for the problem or a visit from the manager to inquire about my experience. The waitress communicated nothing after bringing my meal except to drop the bill off.

I see very positive reviews here and most likely they are justified but the handling of my order was sadly lacking. I am a local in this area, not simply a tourist who will never be seen again -except in this case, I WILL never be seen at the Chop House again. I suggest that with the plethora of prime steak houses in this area, one should think twice about this restaurant and try one of the others.

• Visited August 2013