“Molto Buono!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mamma Gina Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 240 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Description: Ristorante Mamma Gina has been a landmark in Florentine cuisine in Italy since 1956. Thirty years later, in 1986, California residents were able to get their very own taste of Italy as Ristorante Mamma Gina made its way to the United States.Since then we have been serving the desert with the best Italian food you can find on this side of the world. We pride ourselves on our authentic Italian cuisine, kitchen, and service. With white linens and a very classy atmosphere, Ristorante Mamma Gina is the perfect spot for your next date night or family get together. Bring your next special occasion to Ristorante Mamma Gina. Our Wine Room and Lounge are available for small private parties. For an intimate gathering our Wine Room accommodates between 10 to 18 people comfortably. For larger groups our Lounge accommodates parties up to 60 people. We have 4 sample menus to choose from, or you can always create your own. We're the next best thing to Italy itself! Come in for a traditional and authentic Italian dish. White wine with barrel on vineyard in Chianti, Tuscany, Italy Thinking of traveling to Tuscany, Italy for the real deal? Weekly or monthly rentals available at great apartments in Florence and Villas in Chianti area. We know just the right spots to travel and of course eat!
Illinois
“Molto Buono!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We've eaten here before when visiting the "Valley" but hit "Mama Gina's" twice in past five days!! They've been in Palm Desert since the '80s as I recall so they're a survivor for good reason. Great service, attractive restaurant and fair prices. (Many servers have been here for years we have been told.) If looking for a good deal for early dining, they have a three course dinner offering (several entree choices) if you get your order placed by 5:30 PM. Valet parking available.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pieratt, Owner at Mamma Gina Ristorante, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Molto bene for me..
Mille grazie. Hope to see you soon.

Monterey CA
“Mangia!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

El Paseo, street of dreams and expensive stores is home to Mamma Gina's, a wonderfully inexpensive place to dine during all night Happy Hours. There is a nice porch to watch the passers-by, and great food to enjoy as well. Recommended for those times when only good to great Italian food will do.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for the kind word..
Come back soon.
Joshua Tree, California
“Excellent meal and outstanding creme brulee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I were walking along El Paseo looking for another restaurant and saw this one and decided to go in. The part for happy hour was packed with folks waiting - we went in the restaurant and were able to get a table for two by the window after looking at three other tables. We ordered from the early bird menu which was reasonable. We were both very happy with our meals. I ordered the creme brulee and it was one of the best I have ever had - outstanding! We will be back again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pieratt, Owner at Mamma Gina Ristorante, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I'm glad we made you happy.
Thanks
Surrey, Canada
“Would go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went to Mamma Gina for dinner with a friend and his children on their recommendation. We sat in the Enoteca side of the restaurant after a short wait for a table. After sitting, the waiter arrived at the table quickly, took our drink orders and quickly brought bread for dipping in oil and balsamic vinegar. As a starter, I enjoyed the wedge salad with blue cheese, onion and bacon while my husband enjoyed the calamari, which were well prepared. For mains, the kids had pasta dishes, which they enjoyed while my husband had the polpette with red sauce and spinach, I had the shrimp skewer and spinach and our friend had pasta with Bolognese sauce. My dish was delicious: the shrimp were well prepared, large and meaty and served along with a considerably sized portion of sautéed spinach with garlic. Food was delicious, prices were reasonable and the service was attentive. We hope to return one more time during our visit so we can try the risotto and the lamb skewer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We went here based on the positive reviews on this site and were very disappointed. This is a very average restaurant that appears to be making a great living off of its reputation. I know that this is winter but the night we were there it seemed like every meal other than the pasta's were served with spinach and either mashed potatoes or polenta. the spinach had so much garlic in it that even my wife who likes both spinach and garlic complained. the polenta was very plain, in sharp contrast to the excellent polenta we had at Pacifica the night before. I had the Branzino, which was OK, but the sauce was heavy on the tomatoes and very, very light on the olives and artichoke. On the plus side the salads were very good. My son had the mussels which he describes as being "good, but not as flavorful as the ones he had the night before at Pacifica". We had much better meals at Cork Tree, Pacifica, and Third Corner.

Visited December 2013
Well..I'm sorry that this valuable customer did not have a great experience.
I will hope to have another try.
I do respect anybody opinion but it's clear to me that in todays world of social media nobody and I mean nobody can have a successful restaurant just based on an old reputation or by the fact that the operation has been in business for almost 28 years.
My reputation as a restaurant owner is challenge on the daily base therefore if my reputation is quite good is because we try very hard to keep our standard as high as possible now and not just 10 or 20 years ago.
Just because I can't make everybody happy I'm still going to work very proud to have given 55 families the possibility to have a dissent life thanks to my love and dedication to this business but primarily thanks to all of you that are giving all of us the opportunity to have a good job and a great future.