“Special request delivered” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sullivan's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 234 restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: San Pablo Avenue
Aspen, Colorado
“Special request delivered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

On Father's Day, I called to check if they had prime rib. Chef Kevin told me that they did not but that he would prepare it for us. He did and it was fantastic. The Dads in our party were very happy as we're the rest of us.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Carlsbad, California
“bar menu is terrific but service disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

great value and quality....unfortunately my sliced steak had to be sent back as it was cold rare instead of medium rare....beverage service spotty....waited and waited for my re warmed plate and once i got it, it was fine, and the even comp'd a salad which was a good gesture...sure, I will go back again as this must have been unusual for them as i have been there several times with no problem.

the hamburger looked great and next time that is for me.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Menu changes not the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was one of my favorite restaurants until they changed the menu, taking off a great fish dish - scrod many years back, and then removing their terrific green beans recently. They also removed the prime rib special. Nice atmosphere and pretty good steaks. Would have been a five if not for the changes.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Ana Heights, California
“Superb Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We celebrated our friends 15 year anniversary at Sullivan's. I made the reservation through open table and was impressed that our server, Kristen, caught the note about the anniversary and greeted us with a "Congratulations on 15 years"!

It was a Monday night, so the restaurant was slow but the service was superb. Kristen, our server, was very knowledgeable and helpful. She dealt with my food allergy (wine) like a pro and all of her recommendations were excellent. The Cantonese Calamari was outstanding and the aged New York steak special was delicious. The fact that a salad is included along with some sides was appreciated and although we did not utilize the Prix Fix menu, there were some really good choices on it. We really appreciated her timing and she brought out our drinks at all of the right times. We tried the Coconut Cream pie and the Banana's Foster bread pudding for dessert and we appreciated that she personalized our anniversary couple's desert for them.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Great Meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I'm giving Sullivan's a 4 rather than a 5 soley based on the service. The food is definitely a 5! I had the filet mignon and my boyfriend had the bone-in ribeye. Both steaks were cooked perfectly and tasted wonderful! We also ordered the creamed corn and Macaroni and cheese to go with our meal and both were delish!

I will say the service was not bad, it just wasn't up to par with similarly priced steakhouses that we have been to. The staff was friendly enough, but they weren't quite as attentive as I expected. That being said, the atmosphere of the restaurant was very fun! There was live music in the bar area that we could hear and it was very good! The people sitting in the bar seemed to be having a really great time!

Overall, we had a good experience here and I would have dinner here again!

• Visited May 2013