“Nice Atmosphere, Average Food & Service” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pacifica Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 240 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: San Pablo
New York City
“Nice Atmosphere, Average Food & Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The dining atmosphere is awesome. Too bad the food does not match up. I expected more from the high end prices. Food is average to good at best. Nothing great & overpriced for the meal. I won't say the dining experience was bad; I just expected more from the staff/experience level & the food. For Pacifica prices, I expect awesome food & service.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

LaQuinta CA
“first impression was terrific”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went for happy hour on a Friday night and were lucky to find a table fairly quickly. Happy hour menu is about 40% off the regular price and was quite extensive. The waitress was terrific in her recommendations:
crab cakes (small but good), salmon sliders (not sweet as the description would suggest) and really delicious; quesadillas, clam chowder were good as well. My son and husband loved their oysters on the half shell. The only miss was the calamari, which I thought were too chewy although the diners next to us thought they were great. Can't wait to go back! Next time for a lovely seafood dinner in their dining room.

Visited January 2013
“Can't wait to come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We drove into the El Paseo shopping area and noticed the roof top patio area and being from Seattle we wanted to enjoy the sun as much as possible. We discovered when we arrived that it was a sister resaurant to The Cliff House where we ate the night before and had a wonderful dinner. The staff was curteous and friendly.

The food is outstanding. It starts with their over the top warm soudrough bread. I could eat a whole loaf on my own. I had the oyster sandwich with a side salad. This may be the best sandwich I have ever had. The oysters were lightly battered and fried with a fresh tomato and lettuce. I don't know what they did to the bread but it was had some sort of crusted cheese on it giving it nice crunch but still soft inside. They had a tarter sauce that was home made with a zing to it. I shared half with my son and sorry that I did!

My son had the battered fish tacos and he too said they they were outstanding. He ate both of them including my 1/2 sandwich. My brother had the salmon cobb salad and he ate the entire thing saying how great it was.

I don't know when I will get back here as I don't travel to PS very often but anyone going who reads this show find this a good choice. We certainly are glad we did!

Well one Pacifica!! I will be dreaming about that oyster sandwich for months to come.....

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Excellent but pricy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Our party of eight enjoyed an excellent seafood repast. My Lake Superior Whitefish was tasty and well presented. The portion was large as were other entrees. Sea Bass was a favorite that evening. Service was very good. We ate inside and and the acoustics were remarkable considering the large talkative crowd and my own partial deafness. The restaurant was full, so reservations are needed. My only caveat is to warn that entrees are expensive. The wine list is also expensive. No need to charge that much when the food itself is high. Be careful when you order. Check the cost on the list.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Happy Hour was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went for Happy Hour on Sunday night, 1/27/13. Great drinks. Great menu to choose from. Great value. Excellent food. The fish & chips were the best we've had in a very long time. Steamed mussels was a huge portion and also delicious. Beef sliders and salmon sliders were excellent. Bread was yummy. We'll be back often.

Visited January 2013