“Close to freeway ... and nothing else!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
“Close to freeway ... and nothing else!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Nice, clean hotel with decent complimentary breakfast, but loooong drive to hike in Indian Canyon, dinner in Palm Springs, etc. Close to Desert Willow, an excellent public golf course. It turned out most of our activities were in Palm Springs, and this hotel is a 30 minute drive across the valley from PS

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonPD, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Gregory B,

Thank you for rating our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am pleased that the hotel met your expectations overall except concerning our distance from Palm Springs. I am so sorry our location was inconvenient for your weekend trip. We do have some local hiking destinations within a 5 minute drive as well as many fine restaurants and of course there are golf courses abundant in the area!

On your next visit to the valley, be sure to stop at the front desk and ask about all our local attractions. There are plenty to choose from!

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope you come back soon, because we love having you here. :-)

Maria D. Banning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during the Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open Tennis Championship. We were familiar with Hampton Inn and Suites as this will be our 11th Hampton Inn stay in the U.S. This chain is always dependable for cleanliness, quietness, and efficiency of hotel staff. We were happy to find out that there was a Hampton Inn in Palm Desert, close to the event. With our busy weekend filled we enjoyed their morning breakfast which always included choices of eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, bagels, fruit, "robust" coffee,my favorite, and other self serve items that they are known for. It makes it easy to "eat and run."

The room was clean although older looking in appearance. They supplied us with a password for Wi-fi which my husband utilized. Bathroom was clean and at one point, I requested extra towels which housekeeping arrived within 10 minutes. We were a little disappointed to find out that there were no glasses in the room near the ice bucket, only paper cups. And I'm familiar that this chain has a blow dryer in their bathrooms, but no makeup mirror so I was careful to bring one. The bed was comfortable. We never watched TV, so cannot review it.

Parking is self parking which we expected and that is fine with us as the property is small. 3 stories. We are also used to getting our own luggage carrier that the hotel provides and we find it quicker for us to take our own luggage to our room. If it were a large "resort" hotel, a bellman would be needed. This was not the case.

The reason I gave this hotel only 3 stars is that the air conditioning in the room, which did work when temperatures reached 93 that weekend in Palm Desert was extremely noisy every time it came on. This happened quite often.It is a wall unit located near the bed, and it kept us from getting a decent nights sleep. We would have complained but unfortunately not only did we not have the time, this hotel was solidly booked for that weekend and we were sure there would be no extra rooms available. We may still contact this hotel to find out if this is a problem with all the rooms, or was it just ours? This would be important information for us as we will be attending this event again next year in 2014 and it would be helpful in making our selection of hotel stay.

All in all, the price for that weekend was very reasonable. It's just that we have stayed at nicer looking Hampton Inn and Suites with air conditioning units that were much quieter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonPD, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us. I am happy our hotel and staff were able to meet many of your expectations however I would like to apologize for the noisy air conditoning unit in your room.

The specific concerns you addressed are important details for us to take a closer look and make sure we are doing all that we can possibly do to improve our hotel and our guests' experience. You can be confident that I will personally make sure to do the necessary follow up to improve the noise level of our units. We want our guests to have the best experience possible where every part of their stay is pleasant and comfortable.

We value you as our guest and hopefully you will be able to give us another chance so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. If you would like, please contact me next time you are in the area and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant stay with us.

Pacific Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We received a warm welcome at check-in, had a clean and comfortable room, great breakfast with an excellent breakfast attendant who made sure we had everything we needed. My one minor complaint is that the WiFi signal is lousy in the room, but worked OK in the lobby. We'll come back here for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RickThePick,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us and are glad to know that our hotel and staff met most of your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the WIFI connectivity issues you encountered during your stay. We are currently in the process of upgrading our system as well as switching providers.

Again, we appreciate the information you've shared with us and please let me know if you need anything during your future stays with us.

Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was a great hotel to stay in. We stayed in a suite and the room was large. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was very clean, and the breakfasts were good. The price was reasonable for the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear CathleenC,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us and we are glad to know that our hotel and staff met all of your expectations. Please let me know if you need anything during your future stays with us.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Due to a family emergency, I needed a hotel room for one night near Indio, CA. Apparently they are hard to come by at the last minute. Understanding beggars can't be choosers, I booked the Hampton for $189 for one night. I booked through Orbitz which gave me the best rate and I booked a king room. My husband and I arrived somewhat late, around 9:30pm, after visiting with our ill family member in Indio. Upon entering our room, we were dismayed to discover we were given 2 double beds instead of one king. The young man on duty told me that was the last available room and he could not move me. When I explained that I simply wanted the room I had booked, or some money refunded, he instructed me I had to call Orbitz because Orbitz did not specify a king room. He stated there was no manager on duty because she had left for the day. The next morning I Spoke with the manager who was very kind and she apologized for the mixup. However she reiterated the Hampton was not responsible and I had to deal with Orbitz. Although this was not the end of the world by any means, it was annoying. Also the shower head was strange at this Hampton- it was a handheld unit and would not stay put. Extremely difficult to take a shower. Beds were definitely NOT the usual Hampton beds - which we love...these were hard!

Breakfast was good, as Hampton continentals usually are. Enjoyed the healthy options such as yogurt and oatmeal.

I still appreciate Hampton Inns for being quality hotels in my price range, but not sure I'll stay at this particular one again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Stickie29,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us. I want to personally apologize for the error made in the booking of your reservations. All third party booking sites have the ability to make reservations directly through our central booking system. At the hotel level we do not alter them in any way because they are prepaid and to change them generally would incur a rate diference. In regards to the showerhead, not only were you reserved a Double Queen room but it was also handicapped, thus the difficult handheld showerhead you encountered. I do remember speaking with you and I apologize again for not being able to help you with your issue.

If you are in the area again, please contact me directly and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant stay with us!

Hampton Inn and Suites
Palm Desert, Ca 92211
760-340-1001
seattle, wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for a 5 day conference (at the JW marriott), mostly because it was a good price and I am a hilton honors member. The hotel is pretty new and is clean, quiet and comfortable, so I was happy to stay here. It's also near the highway, so you can avoid some of the worse traffic spots in the area.

Unfortunately, the WIFI is excruciatingly slow, which makes it impossible to do work if you need to send / receive emails or use the web. It's enough of a problem that I might not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Andy C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy our hotel and staff met many of your expectations, however I would like to personally apologize for the Wifi connectivity issues you had during your stay.

We are currently in the process of upgrading our system and switching providers. We do not forsee having any internet issues in the future once all these upgrades are complete.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites because we love having you here!

Chino Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stay at this Hampton Inn often on business trips. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. The entrance and lobby are always well-maintained and inviting. Even though it is near the freeway, it is very quiet and feels quite secure. If you don't have time to take advantage of the hot breakfast, they even provide a "brown bag" breakfast to take with you. The rooms are clean and comfortable and they have good internet service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Linda H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the information you've shared with us and we are delighted that our hotel and staff met all of your expectations.

Please let me know if you need anything during your future stays with us.

Front Office Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert? Share your experiences!