My husband and I stayed here during the Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open Tennis Championship. We were familiar with Hampton Inn and Suites as this will be our 11th Hampton Inn stay in the U.S. This chain is always dependable for cleanliness, quietness, and efficiency of hotel staff. We were happy to find out that there was a Hampton Inn in Palm Desert, close to the event. With our busy weekend filled we enjoyed their morning breakfast which always included choices of eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, bagels, fruit, "robust" coffee,my favorite, and other self serve items that they are known for. It makes it easy to "eat and run."
The room was clean although older looking in appearance. They supplied us with a password for Wi-fi which my husband utilized. Bathroom was clean and at one point, I requested extra towels which housekeeping arrived within 10 minutes. We were a little disappointed to find out that there were no glasses in the room near the ice bucket, only paper cups. And I'm familiar that this chain has a blow dryer in their bathrooms, but no makeup mirror so I was careful to bring one. The bed was comfortable. We never watched TV, so cannot review it.
Parking is self parking which we expected and that is fine with us as the property is small. 3 stories. We are also used to getting our own luggage carrier that the hotel provides and we find it quicker for us to take our own luggage to our room. If it were a large "resort" hotel, a bellman would be needed. This was not the case.
The reason I gave this hotel only 3 stars is that the air conditioning in the room, which did work when temperatures reached 93 that weekend in Palm Desert was extremely noisy every time it came on. This happened quite often.It is a wall unit located near the bed, and it kept us from getting a decent nights sleep. We would have complained but unfortunately not only did we not have the time, this hotel was solidly booked for that weekend and we were sure there would be no extra rooms available. We may still contact this hotel to find out if this is a problem with all the rooms, or was it just ours? This would be important information for us as we will be attending this event again next year in 2014 and it would be helpful in making our selection of hotel stay.
All in all, the price for that weekend was very reasonable. It's just that we have stayed at nicer looking Hampton Inn and Suites with air conditioning units that were much quieter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're staying for business or vacation travel, here at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Palm Desert, we're passionate about taking good care of you and providing you the best place to stay. That's why we offer a broad range of services and amenities at our hotel to make your stay exceptional. The best part is we have a very enthusiastic and friendly staff that aim to make your stay more personable...we like to call it having great "Hamptonality" to share with each and every guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites - Palm Desert
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Palm Desert Hotel Palm Desert
- Hampton Inn Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Hampton Inn