My family & I stayed at the BW Plus Resort in Palm Desert for four nights at the end of March, 2013. The hotel is a three story 150 room hotel on Highway 111 in Palm Desert. There is an elevator. The property is older but pretty well kept up. The rooms were a standard size. There was a 40 inch flat screen HD TV with a good selection of HD cable channels. There was a small refrigerator in the room, a coffee maker and a safe that costs $1.50 a day. The safe instructions do not state the rate-just that a nominal rate will be charged and if you do not use the safe, you can have the charged removed at checkout. There was a little balcony with two chairs & a small table. The bathroom had older fixtures but everything was clean and worked. The towels were ok -some relatively plush while some were a little thinner. Each queen bed had 4 pillows.
There was a pool in the courtyard of the building. There were about 5 working ice machines but since the hotel was full, the ice went pretty fast in the morning. The breakfast was excellent. Two chefs prepared eggs, hash browns, pancakes, bacon and/or sausages, Danishes, and fruit. Juice, milk and coffee were available. Be aware that at times the chefs may be backed up and you may have to wait a few minutes to place your breakfast order. The wait was worth it!
The rooms were quiet. On Sunday, a copy of the LA Times is available & during the week, USA Today is complimentary. There is a workout room with some resistance machines, an elliptical and a treadmill. The hotel is across from Ruth’s Chris restaurant and a short walk to Ralph’s grocery store. An Albertson’s is a short drive away. I would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Palm Desert Hotel Palm Desert
- Best Western Plus Palm Desert Hotel
- Best Western Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose this pet-friendly Coachella Valley hotel located centrally in Palm Desert close to Indian Wells Tennis Gardens, PGA WEST golf course, and Joshua Tree National Park.Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort where guests can expect a friendly and knowledgeable staff, clean guest rooms with outdoor patios or balconies and a hot cooked to order breakfast. The hotel is situated in the heart of Palm Desert close to Highway 111 and minutes from Interstate 10.Enjoy the view from one of our 130 guest rooms or 22 suites with cable television with HBO and complimentary high speed internet access. Relax in the heated pool and spa with outdoor cooling mist system. Additional amenities include 2 tennis courts, exercise facility, business services and meeting facilities.The BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort located conveniently close to the Palm Springs Intl. Airport, Palm Springs Convention Center, and El Paseo Shopping District. Also within 20 minutes are 3 casinos (Fantasy Springs, Spa Resort Casino, and Agua Caliente Casino), Big League Dreams Sports Park, College of the Desert where they hold the street fair every weekend and the McCallum Theater. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Venere and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.