Me and my husband stayed at this hotel about a year ago. Based on a prior experience we decided to stay at this hotel once again.
I usually always carry all my makeup and hair products with me anywhere I go. You know women… For the first time I didn't bring any shampoo, hair condition or body lotion with me. Hotel usually always provides them. I thought I use the hotel’s stuff. We were only planning to spend a weekend there anyway.
Up on arrival to the hotel room I noticed that bathroom floors were dirty. It had dirty shoes prints all over the tile floor. One shampoo bottle was already opened and been used. Also there was not any hair conditioner or body lotion in the bathroom.
I called the housekeeping to fix the bathroom and bring some bathroom supplies. Lady who answered the phone was rude. She was surprised when I told her that the bathroom was dirty. 20 min later a housekeeper came by with the vacuum in her hand asking if I was going to vacuum the floors… ????
Later the bathroom was cleaned. But still we didn’t get any body lotion or hair conditioner. I asked the housekeeper if I could have some but she said that she only had a shampoo and soap. I wished I brought my own stuff with me.
Also there was not any regular coffee in the room. There was only one bag of decaf coffee in the kitchen.
On the second day of our stay we didn't get any soap or shampoo refills. They just provided us with one small shampoo bottle for two people for two days.
Is hotel very tight on bathroom supplies??? It seems like housekeeping people were stilling the supplies or hotel didn’t have enough. When we stayed at Shadow Ridge last year the hotel provided us with coffee and 2 bottles of shampoos, lotions, soaps and hair conditioners every day of our stay.
Also our room on second night was full of mosquitoes. I assume that the cleaning people left the door opened while they were cleaning the room.
That was the first time I have ever experienced that kind of service.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Shadow Ridge Hotel Palm Desert
- Marriott`s Shadow Ridge Hotel
- Marriotts Palm Desert
- Marriotts Hotel Shadow Ridge
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Shadow Ridge
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Marriotts Shadow Ridge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern California's magnificent mountain ranges serve as the breathtaking backdrop for Marriott's Shadow Ridge. Spacious villas overlook rolling fairways and sparkling lakes weaving throughout the landscape. Beautiful master suites feature a king bed and oversized soaking tub while the spacious living and dining areas, and fully kitchen offer convenience and comfort. Swing by the Faldo Golf Institute by Marriott and try your luck on the championship course. Then relax at Nick Faldo's Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Marriott's Shadow Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.