The main pool area is great. There is an activity area for the kids, little splash zones, a hot tub, one pool with a fun water slide and one large pool. We were there the week before Easter and there were no available pool chairs. They state that they will remove towels or any other articles left unattended for 30 min to free up space but they do not. The Chuckwalla Grill poolside is awful - the help is surly and the food is inedible. If we didn't have a $25 credit I never would have chosen it and was glad I wasn't paying directly for it.
Our room was near the quiet pool and it was indeed very quiet. If you prefer adults only company this is the place for you. There was also a small basketball court and green areas for playing catch or lawn games. BBQs are available.
We had a one bedroom condo that was more like the smallest hotel room ever. The kitchenette was what I had in my dorm - a mini-fridge, microwave and bar sink. There were enough dishes for 2 people but I discovered they are only as clean as the previous guests leave them. Ours were unsanitary looking so I had to wash them all before using them. We had 1 queen bed and a pull-out sofa with almost no walking space. I dislike pull-outs so we brought an aerobed for the kids which worked out great. The sheets and blankets had holes in them that looked like someone cut out stains or burns with scissors. Bizarre. The queen bed was comfy enough. There was no dining area or in-room laundry. There is free wifi but no DVD players in the rooms. The bathroom is standard issue with an ineffective showerhead. Our towels were replaced and garbage emptied daily but the beds were not made.
Nearby there are lots of places to eat, ranging from Costco to more upscale dining down Monterey past College of the Desert. Multiple grocery outlets a mall and a movie theater are nearby too. The Street Fair at the College of the Desert is a fun Saturday morning outing.
My kids loved the waterslide and pool and the grounds are very pretty but our room was crowded and poorly appointed. I felt that it was pricey for what we got. The location is convenient to the freeway and to other activities. Check-out is an early 10 am! They did allow us to check in at noon on our arrival date. I would not consider buying a timeshare here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern California's magnificent mountain ranges serve as the breathtaking backdrop for Marriott's Shadow Ridge. Spacious villas overlook rolling fairways and sparkling lakes weaving throughout the landscape. Beautiful master suites feature a king bed and oversized soaking tub while the spacious living and dining areas, and fully kitchen offer convenience and comfort. Swing by the Faldo Golf Institute by Marriott and try your luck on the championship course. Then relax at Nick Faldo's Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Marriott's Shadow Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Shadow Ridge Hotel Palm Desert
- Marriotts Palm Desert
- Marriotts Hotel Shadow Ridge
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Shadow Ridge
- Marriotts Shadow Ridge