We just returned from a week stay at the Marriott Shadow Ridge. We had stayed there with our grandkids in 2005 when the property was fairly new and were curious about the new improvements and additions. Marriott is currently in the middle of a total renovation. Apparently they do this every 10 years with all their properties. All the furniture, appliances and carpeting are being replaced. They began January 1st and are projected to finish in 2-3 weeks. We stayed in a not yet renovated 3rd floor unit in bldg 1400, which aside from a malfunctioning dishwasher, was in fairly good condition. The unit had a large balcony which overlooked the golf course and a pond full of ducks and geese. There were also jackrabbits and roadrunners in the shrubbery below. We saw more wildlife there than anywhere else.
There were 2 large pools directly across from the building. One was oriented more for children with a water slide and other water features. The second pool was quieter and more adult oriented. There were several whirlpools located around the area and a fairly good snack bar. The fitness center was clean and had a wide variety of equipment in good condition. There is also a large golf shop since this resort is golf oriented.
The resort is conveniently located. It is a short drive from Costco, El Paseo and the many restaurants in Palm Desert and Rancho Mirage. We stocked up at Costco and Trader Joes, for breakfast and some lunches, right after checking in to our room. The refrigerator and microwave were convenient for heating up leftovers from dinner. Check in and check out was really easy. Our room was ready and our requests for a 3rd floor unit were met. Staff is very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern California's magnificent mountain ranges serve as the breathtaking backdrop for Marriott's Shadow Ridge. Spacious villas overlook rolling fairways and sparkling lakes weaving throughout the landscape. Beautiful master suites feature a king bed and oversized soaking tub while the spacious living and dining areas, and fully kitchen offer convenience and comfort. Swing by the Faldo Golf Institute by Marriott and try your luck on the championship course. Then relax at Nick Faldo's Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott's Shadow Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Shadow Ridge Hotel Palm Desert
- Marriotts Palm Desert
- Marriotts Hotel Shadow Ridge
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Shadow Ridge
- Marriotts Shadow Ridge