“So-so food, below average service - not really a good combination.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cactus Jack's Bar and Grill

Cactus Jack's Bar and Grill
74450 Highway 111, Palm Desert, CA 92260-4112
760-346-1565
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 208 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Grill, Bistro
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cactus Jack's is a local's favorite specializing in steaks, seafood and pasta.
Vancouver, Canada
“So-so food, below average service - not really a good combination.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The food is a bit bland. I wasn't impressed, nor was I disappointed. The service however was inattentive. I was constantly asking the manager, the bussers or other servers for that our server should have been doing for us. Oh, and one bathroom for all the men in the establishment is unforgivable.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Went to celebrate a birthday - left disgusted.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had checked out the menu/prices on line before making the reservation for seven people. The $21.95 petit prime rib dinner was suddenly $27.00 in the restaurant. Our waitress was friendly and did her best to meet our concerns. The problem was in the kitchen. The meals were tasteless, cold, unappetizing and not fit for human consumption. Specifically, the baked potatoes tasted like they had been cooked on another day; the steamed vegetables were a mystery. While the broccoli was a bright green, it had no broccoli flavour, and was stone cold. It was the same with the carrots. Everyone's prime rib was unpallatable and did not come to the table as ordered. Our waitress indicated the manager would come to the table to speak to us. Over 30 minutes later the manager showed up to let us know that she would speak to the staff IN THE MORNING. She had the ability to make sure we left the restaurant with a good feeling - she failed miserably.
Needless to say we will never go back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hemet
“Good ole bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I absolutely walking into a bar by myself and feeling welcomed..The bartender was the best and very thorough.. I had the BBQ Beef ribs and they were awesome...I made a few new friends just by letting them smell my ribs...Love Cactus Jacks

Visited February 2013
Sierra Vista
“Great food and ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Cactus Jack's was within walking distance of our Holiday Inn Express hotel, and after a long trip driving, we wanted to walk a bit. The restaurant was very clean, had nice linens and glassware on the table, and even though we were there in the middle of the afternoon, they were busy and the staff was very friendly. They have a beautiful full bar, with nice lighting. It would have been very appealing to sit and have a drink after our lunch, but it was too early in the day!

We ordered a California chicken sandwich, which was delicious! It was a grilled chicken breast, with avocado slices and cheese.

I would go there again in a heartbeat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“UGH!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Outdated, sloppy, way overpriced, too much food, greasy, and I feel gross when I think about the whole place... even now!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere