“Good burger” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 240 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Welcome to hamburger heaven! At GRILL-A-BURGER we have a passion for hamburgers. We make our trendsetting burgers the old-fashioned way using only the finest and freshest ingredients available. Our hand crafted, grilled-to-order, moist and juicy patties are made daily from fresh (never frozen) 100% all-natural USDA Inspected Choice Beef, free of artificial hormones, antibiotics, and other things that don’t belong in hamburgers. And we have nice buns, too! They are freshly baked daily at a local bakery. Buns are slightly toasted and garnished with garden crisp lettuce, hand-sliced red onion, vine-ripened tomato and sliced kosher pickles. Our homemade French fries are never frozen and are only made with fresh Idaho Russet potatoes that are hand cut, double-fried and lightly salted without any processing steps in between. And we change our zero trans fat oil every day! Clean oil = crisp, great-tasting fries! Our authentic soda fountain milkshakes and malts are hand-dipped, hand spun and made with premium vanilla bean ice cream, whole milk and natural flavorings. All served in a place that considers our environment by using food packaging that is all natural and made from annually renewable resources by buying from as many local vendors as possible and, of course, by using energy efficient equipment and recycling. We hope this is everything that you have been looking for in a burger place and MORE! Again, welcome and enjoy!Awards includeBest Burger Desert Sun 2008, 2009, 2010Best Burger Palm Springs Life 2011-12LA Times Best Burger in the Inland Empire 2012
Yucca Valley, California
“Good burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just had lunch here with my wife and had the great eggspectation burger. It was very good. There are over 30 types of burgers one can order

Vancouver, Canada
“If you like your burgers…”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Check out this place. A very down to earth eatery with great burgers. The selection is very good, not limited to just beef, but chicken and turkey as well. You can also have your burger in a lettuce wrap if you don't want the bun. My wife had a 'slider' while I had a full size mushroom burger. She enjoyed hers, as did I although thought it was a little thin on the mushrooms, but there was definitely no shortage of beef. The fries are made fresh and were also very good. Prices were reasonable and very affordable. It is located on the south east corner of Monteray and Country Club in the strip mall so not hard to find in Palm Desert. The place was busy, the staff was great and the service was quick. Definitely worth a visit for a good meal for a good price.

Only regret, forgot to try the avocado fries! Definitely going back when we visit next year.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis
“a big juicy burger guaranteed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Like so many food and beverage options in the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area you find yourself parking in another strip mall that has been erected in only recent years. Griil-A-Burger is another one of those places. The service was just fair, the décor sparse, but the mission was to find a good burger, and this place delivers. I had the mushroom burger that like every other burger I saw being served is big, juicy and wonderfully hard to handle. It came with what the server called “home made” fries. The experience wasn’t as stellar as my first trip to a Smashburger, but a sojourn to either place is not because you are eating healthy. Interestingly, the guy at the counter next to me did have a hearty looking salad plate with chicken slices for his lunch while I gormandized my big burger.

Merrick, New York
“Best burger ever !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten many burgers in our life but Grill-A-Burger was the best. my wife could not stop praising their turkey burger with all the fixings and my Dracula's garlic onion burger was a messy delight. I can't wait to go back before we leave Palm Desert. If you want a great burger at a reasonable price don't miss this gem hidden in a shopping center. You'll be happy you made the effort to find it, P.S the hand cut fries were super.

“Believe the Reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We ate there based on Tripadvisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. The burger menu is extensive along with lots of different types of fries. Everything was great. Not a very big place and not very fancy but well worth a visit. If you can't find a buger you like, you don't like burgers