Caveat - we were here on a great promotional rate through SPG membership.
The property is gorgeous and impeccably maintained. The Westin Heavenly bed is here and we slept better than we sleep at home. Even though the property was full, the pools were not crowded and the kids seem to stay at one set of pools so there is an adult area at the larger pool. I didn't see any sign designating it, though.
The poolside food and beverage service is frequently available. We enjoyed an excellent turkey sandwich ($13) and a couple of margaritas ($9 each, $5 at happy hour).
The rooms are either a one bedroom with queen and a kitchenette or a larger one bedroom with king and kitchen. Both are spacious, well appointed and comfortable, with 2 TVs. Showers have rain style shower heads with detachable wands. Larger villas have a large spa-style tubs, while the smaller ones have regular tubs.
You can also rent(or own if you want to become part of their vacation owner program) both the large and small together, as they are connected with a locking door between them.
Our one complaint was the construction noise from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. ( They do stop for lunch.) They are building 12 more buildings. The construction is metal, so the banging and sawing is shrill, loud, and can be heard throughout the property. The pool has enough other noises to move the construction noise to the background, but we were in building 4 and looked right at the construction for our view. It was too loud for us to be able to use our lanai and we certainly couldn't sleep past 8a or take a nap during the day.
We did ask to be moved but the property was full. That and the fact we were on the low, promotional rate.
The location is good, between the Westin Mission Hills and the Marriott Desert Springs, with a grocery store and several restaurants close by. The property is on the Desert Willow golf resort.
There are kids programs available for families and a large water slide at the pool.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would be happy to return. After the construction or in a building away from it.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Desert Willow Villas Hotel Palm Desert
- Westin Desert Willow Villas Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A starwood villa resort offering just-like-home amenities in world class destinations. The westin desert willow features Westin amenities coupled with stylish and spacious accomodations. Experience the value of a villa and enjoy no resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Westin Desert Willow Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.