“Always great” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
California
“Always great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visit the cafe many times each year. The food is always great. I had salad nicoise with tuna - as good as anything I've had in France. My wife had filet of sole - as good as anything she's had. One of our favorite places.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

fordtraveler56
“Fantastic Meal, Delectable Dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. A cute little cafe with fantastic food and good service. We were in town visiting family and they took us here for a late lunch. We all loved our meals. I had Salad Nicoise and my husband had a fish sandwich, which he described as the best fish sandwich he ever had. The desserts were so beautiful it was hard to choose one to share,but we managed. It tasted as good as it looked. If you are anywhere near this restaurant you should make it a destination, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
Plainview, NY
“Save room for dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were in Palm Desert for a week and enjoyed our first visit here so we came back again. On our initial visit we both ordered the seafood crepe. The following visit I had the steak au poivre cooked extra rare. Everything tasted delicious however I would have preferred a little lesss sauce on both entrees. French onion soup was also very good. Their hours are 8 AM - 8 PM so if you plan to go for dinner get there by 7 PM. The restaurant is small so be sure to make reservations. Lastly comes the best part of the meal 'DESSERT' . Before you order dinner check out the pastries and if you see something you like have them put it aside for you because it may not be there later. Our favorite was the fresh berry tart. If you look for the restaurant by their address it may be a bit hard to find. They are locatedin the Target shopping center.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ely, Minnesota
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

What a gem. In the area just four days and have been there twice. The dessert display make you want more than one. Calves liver superb and the menu very interesting. Try the mussels. You'll want to return too.

• Visited March 2013
Oregon
“Liver lover!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It is so rare that I get to eat liver and onions, I had to order it for my first and only visit and WOW!! Oh. My. Gosh. Three slices of liver cooked to perfection with a delicious brown crust, piled high with carmelized onions, it was pure heaven! I think the secret was the bacon in the mix. Accompanied by au Gratin potatoes, this dinner is the best meal I've had in well over a year.

I hope I get a chance to go back; next time I'll starve myself all day so I can eat everything on my plate and have dessert!

• Visited January 2013