We are return guests to this property and think highly of it. We were fortunate this time to stay there Thursday night when they offer the catered barbeque - just fantastic! On past stays at this location, we found the manager's special (light dinner, if you will) & the breakfast to be less exciting than the one offered at Homewood Suites in LaQuinta. But what the heck, these amenities are included in the room, so with a few glasses of wine and coffee, we think it is still a great value.
We have been thrilled with the "room" which is actually a small one bedroom apartment. There is a TV in the bedroom and one in the small living room area (I can watch something entertaining and my husband can watch CNN!). Love that the kitchen is equipped that I could prepare my own meal if desired (have never had to). The beds/linens are totally soft and comfy. After a long day's driving, we feel we can really hunker down and relax. I have never had problems with noise even though we have selected rooms on the first floor looking out to the pool. Maybe we were just lucky in that regard, because you can hear if someone is above or beside you - I think our neighbors have just been quiet and gone to bed early, like us!
Room rates vary, and they also vary according to season, so if I pay a reasonable rate for all the amenities, I'm happy and tell all my friends about it. There is a price point, however, when I would not see the same offerings as a good value.
Also, Homewood Suites do vary. We have stayed in the one in Palmdale, California, and were not impressed with that, especially the location of the swimming pool (outside and in an unprotected area), and it seemed a bit dirty, even though it was pretty new at the time. They are located directly across from a baseball stadium and might get a more partying crowd, which would account for the stained carpets we observed.
The fitness room has first rate equipment and is clean.
For now, though, we will continue to return to Homewood Suites in Palm Desert and/or LaQuinta, depending which one offers the best room rate at the particular time.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton - Palm Desert Hotel Palm Desert
- Homewood Suites By Hilton - Palm Desert Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Palm Desert California is conveniently located off I-10, only 12 miles from Palm Springs, California and just 11 miles from Palm Springs International Airport. Our hotel has a beautiful and modern look that will appeal to all visitors. Enjoy our California sun by the pool, barbecue area, putting green, local park at 30 feet from the hotel or venture outward to all the outdoor and local activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.