“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Vidal Junction, California, United States
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Staff is excellent and rooms are clean and breakfast is good, the internet is upgrading they say soon, lets hope so!

Room Tip: West side is best if you want to sleep late!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Christopher C, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for being our guest and for your comments. We have rarely seen any major challenges with Internet lately, and I'm very sorry if you experienced any during your stay with us last year. Please come back and visit us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and it was seemingly decent. However during one of the nights, the fire alarm went off over and over in the middle of the night giving us the worst hotel experience we have ever had. After the alarm woke us up for a 3rd time, I tried to call the front desk to find out what was going on. The line was busy (as I am sure many other guests were doing the same thing as me). I tried to fall back asleep but was awoke again and again by the fire alarm (going off roughly every half hour). At this point I went downstairs to the front desk to find out what was going on and management didn't know why, and said they couldn't stop it, they said we could speak to the hotel manager the next day. This was important to us as obviously at the very least we wanted to be reimbursed for that nights stay. The next morning we were very upset after having such a terrible sleep and tried to get in touch with the hotel manager. The front desk people took messages for the manager to get back to us but he did not contact us during the rest of our stay. Upon departure I gave them my home number and again insisted on having the manager call. We called several times over the next few months and the manager never called me back.

**I caution anyone who is thinking about staying at this hotel because if you do have any issues, it is impossible to contact the manager for a solution.**

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

stayed several nights on upper floor (3d), in room facing a Motel 6. (Only noticeable noise came from patrons of Motel 6 as they came & went.)

Room was clean & decent size. Staff quite helpful & pleasant. Free breakfast fine, with whole fruit (apples, bananas & oranges) rather than cut up portions. Pretty close to groceries & restaurants.

One comment: elevator had carpeting (instead of tile), which was beaten down & dirty. Only jarring note to otherwise good hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
San Bernardino, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I went to the Comfort Suites in Palm Desert I had looked at this hotel because it was in our coupon book. We looked at the hotel it was a nice property and had nice rooms. We went their and the sales advisor said they only had 2 coupon rooms which was not a problem. But she would not let us check in even though their was nobody their. She even suggested to call the other hotels. That is not good service. She lost a costermer and I would not stay their if I am in the area again.

Room Tip: Try Best Western Palm Desert Resort Instead
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Checking in was a breeze with an excellent young man who put me on the 3rd floor as I had requested when I made the reservation. They had a nice bowl of red delicious apples in the lobby. When I arrived at the room it was very nicely equiped and cleaned to perfection. As the evening progressed, I couldn't believe how quiet it was - I was thinking, "am I the only one on the 3rd floor?" I took advantage of the hot tub which was clean and very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, the air conditioner efficient and quiet. I slept as well as I sleep in my own bed. Breakfast was decent with scrambled eggs, ham, breads, cereal, yogurt, coffee, fruit and the waffles I never eat. I was extremely happy with this stay and will not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I always ask for the top floor so I won't have people walking around above me while I'm tryi...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Chula Vista, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

The Comfort Suites Palm Desert was a clean, comfortable hotel adjacent to the interstate. We were in Indio for a square dance convention and chose this hotel because it was only 5 or 6 miles away from the dance site and closer hotels were booked, too expensive, or poorly rated. We did not spend a lot of time at the hotel other than to sleep and ate breakfast away from the hotel with family, but it suited our needs. The bed was comfortable, the air conditioning worked well and ran quietly, the bathroom was large, and there was a sofa in the room for reading. I was a little taken aback by the sign in the bathroom saying how much we would be charged if we stole the towels ... perhaps they have a problem with theft, but I didn't really like being suspected of thievery. Ask for a room on the top floor ... there was a lot of noise transmitted from the room above and we were unable to change rooms because the hotel was full. Fortunately, by the time we went to bed the noisy teens had settled down and we were able to get a very quiet night's sleep.

Room Tip: All rooms are non smoking. Be sure to ask for a room on the top floor ... it will be quieter and th...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I liked this hotel, it was clean, the parking was good and the staff very nice. Only when I returned home after a week did I find that this hotel puts a "hold" on your credit card the day before check-in for the entire charge plus. This occurred twice with the last one not falling off my card for over five days. When I spoke to "George" , a manager, he was rude and offensive; I later learned from their corporate office several facts, one being that each Comfort Suites hotel is individually franchised. If "George" had handled this complaint with more graciousness and respectability, the feelings about this hotel would have been different.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!