“Great quick trip to the heat!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Orange County, CA
“Great quick trip to the heat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I love staying at the Enclaves. We were introduced to the resort through my parents' have a time share and have since stayed on our own buck 3 times. We love the Enclaves pool area, and the suite, though slightly smaller than the Shadow Ridge suites, are very comfortable. We recommend a third floor room away from the stairs or elevator. All the rooms face the pool area, which is a beautiful view! Also, suites have a full kitchen w/ a joined dining/family room and balcony.

The 2 cons to our most recent trip: our air conditioner unit had a leaky pipe that leaked into the room below ours, which required service guys for more than 30 minutes. We did get a $50 credit toward food/drink at the resort for the trouble. Also, because we are not time share owners we were supposed to have daily "Tidy Service," but this only occurred once while we were there. We didn't make it very easy for them because we were in & out of the room throughout the day, but even when we scheduled a service they didn't show up.

We very much enjoy the resort and have already booked another stay!

Room Tip: 3rd floor, away from stairs or elevators.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Pontoon Beach, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My family of four stayed in the 4500 Building of the Enclaves. (Room 4551 a two bedroom) We were on the third floor and had a view of both the pool and the golf course. All of the appliances worked well. I was impressed by how many clothes the stackable washer/dryer held. I thought the foyer/split floor plan was great for our teenagers to feel that they had their own space. The decor was very nice. The resort is huge. It is very nice that the Enclaves have their own pool. The only problem that we could see was the limited parking. I know that this resort is under construction and I hope they take additional parking into consideration. The resort is located right off of the interstate, so it is easy to get to, and close to the businesses of Palm Desert. There were many many activites planned everyday, although we did not take part in them. My kids really enjoyed the sand volleyball court. My husband did golf on propery and enjoyed it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

It's a very nice resort and one of the few places in Palm Springs to book a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite. The rooms are very modern and have full kitchens, luxurious bathrooms and washer/dryers. It's a timeshare facility and it's very busy. Check in is "a process" but I think they did a good job of getting us in our room fairly well. There were a lot of people staying in the resort and they may have been sold out that weekend.

We had a rough time with the kids upstairs. They were having a huge party in their room and were jumping around, playing loud music. We had to call security several times and it took a long time to get the kids to stop. We had a 6am flight so we didn't get any sleep. My advice is to try to book a room on the top floor. You can't stop what goes on next door but at least you won't have folks banging on the floors all night.

My pregnant friend and her 4 year old daughter were staying in the 2nd bedroom and I felt bad for all of the noise. We had to leave before they woke up the next morning. She called me a few days later to tell me that she saw ants on the bathroom counter. That was a bit disappointing.

On a good note, our room overlooked the pool and it was a beautiful view. We enjoyed the pool & our 4 year old niece really had fun in the kid play area.

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Loved our stay at The Enclaves. The pool was nice, lots of chairs. Our room was great. Full kitchen, spacious bedroom and the bed was very comfortable! However the pull-out was squeaky and not that comfortable... Tip - don't eat at the resort as my friends said it was terrible. We were down there for Coachella and the hotel even had a shuttle that picked up from our hotel room to take us to the Coachella shuttle! And the hotel shuttle ran all night so that when we got back home we didn't have to walk then either. It was great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had booked Shadow Ridge The Enclaves as it was new and supposed to be luxurious. Then I read the reviews trip advisor had and many were not very good at all so I became slightly worried but then thought I would judge it myself and not by others. So pleased we did !
Stunning is the word I would use. We checked in and we given the key to our one bed villa, oh wow it was simply spectacular, furnishings great - kitchen lovely - balcony was so big and comfortable with a nice view of a tastefully designed pool area. All furnishings on balcony, like the entire villa, were absolutely beautiful. The bathroom had twin sinks but no bath, however, the shower was impressive to say the least, seating around with directable dual shower heads which was so much better and modern. The entire villa has a modern contemporary look.
Normally we go out to dinner but for the 4 days and three nights we ate in as we found it silly to leave such a beautiful villa.
Some people complained there was no door to the lounge, there is a sliding door in very solid sections which can be closed very easily and does give privacy. The furniture is a dark wood set off by light chairs and light walls and our unit was definitely not dark.
There is construction going on as they are developing another block, this is between 7am-7pm, but although there is some noise it didn't worry us at all. Yes, you are nearer the road but we didn't experience any traffic noise and the road mentioned isn't a dreadfully busy road.
We loved it here and wished we had booked longer and have already said we will return next year. When I get back from vacation I will add some photos my husband took of our villa to this review.

Room Tip: The Enclaves rooms all seemed pretty lovely to us. Just choose the floor your happy with.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Marriott Resorts are great and this resort was no exception, but the room was extremely disappointing. We could only get a studio, and I thought it would be like all other Marriott studio rooms, but this one was small, crowded and dark. We had a corner room with one small window overlooking the side of the pool area. The worst part was not having a patio or balcony. We didn't know this when we reserved the room. We had to carry all our food to the pool area when we wanted to eat outside. The room had a king size bed, a sleep sofa, a large closet, a small shelf for the TV,and a little table, which is a lot of furniture for a small room. The "kitchen" area was a small counter with a sink, coffee pot, toaster, and ice bucket, which left very little room for any "work" space. It was definitely not up to Marriott standards. The bathroom was nice, however.

The resort itself is beautiful with several very nice pools and plenty of places to walk. There also were plenty of chairs available, along with several barbecues. This resort is excellent for children because the pools are close and there is also a spray play area. The grassy area around the pool is a good place for kids to run around, and several exercise/yoga classes were held there in the mornings. The Enclaves has its own workout room which is convenient. Check-in was quick and the people were very nice. I would return but would definitely get a one bedroom next time. For people who like to sit outside, this is the only way to go.

I do want to add that this reservation was gotten through Interval International, and I would recommend that they provide more information about a place before it is reserved.

Room Tip: Choose a 1 or 2 bedroom unit.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gypsum, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Overall this is a nice place, but you always learn how well something is managed by how the team responds to the "unusual circumstances" that may arise. During our stay Palm Desert had a windstorm and the wind covered everything in sand. Even though the wind storm happened Sunday night, it was Monday at 10am before they even started cleaning the pools, what's more they decided to close every pool in the complex for cleaning for the entire day.... and where was the cleaning crews? One guy doing the pools one at a time in slow motion by himself. 8 hours later only had little one pool open.

I get it... windstorm, dirty pools, etc.... they want a clean pool for their guests but the GM of this place needs a better plan. If they're going to shut every pool down then it ought to be all hands on deck to get the pools reopened. Afterall, we didn't come to palm desert to sit in our room. Manicuring the shrubs can wait a day, but having all the pools closed all day is a real dissatisfier - so have the guy that does the shrubs help the guy that does the pools.... Duh....

The thing is, cleaning a pool is not rocket science, they either lacked the people, the equipment, or the will to actually do the job. Based on my observation they had plenty of people and equipment but poorly managed the situation. I would have given this place very good to excellent except for the stupidity of their staff and management in dealing with the situation they were dealt.

Next time anticipate the problem, start cleaning pools at 6am, and have more people working the issue - there's no reason all those pools could not have been up by 10am.... and if there is only one pool cleaner then shut them down one at time. Afterall, a little sand in the pool is not the end of the world.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves? Share your experiences!