“Outstanding food and customer service” 5 of 5 stars

760-773-1112
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 240 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: Asian fusion
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Bangkok, Thailand
“Outstanding food and customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This place has become a family tradition for us. We live and travel throughout Asia and Le Basil is a great experience when we visit. On a recent take out order we were missing some food from the order and we called to complain, These folks drove the items to our home- and we didn't live close. Great food, great customer service- We simply love this place.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Palm Desert, California
“Thai & Vietnamese That Keeps You Coming Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Really, really good Thai & Vietamese cuisine. We go to Southeast Asia a lot and I've got to tell you Le Basil is like having dinner in Koh Samui or Ho Chi Minh City. It's really fresh, well prepared, elegantly plated and delicious. We try everything we can on each visit and it's all good. If you have a favorite Thai dish, try it here. I bet you'll love it. Spring rolls, curries, Nam, satays, Pho and on and on. It's all good.

Visited June 2013
Jersey
“Lovely Family Run Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Recent visits to various restaurants have convinced me that Asian food is much better than the impression left by British take-aways. This is a quiet family run establishment where the service and food is excellent. We had a mixture of Thai and Vietnamese dishes and they were all lovely. Excellent reports about the place were not exaggerated and it is well worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Encinitas, California
“Excellent Seafood platter & fabulous appetizers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

After taking some recommendations from our server, for an appetizer we choose the Banh Xeo & Vietnamese Grape Leave.. man oh man what a delicious experience. we we’re 3 & thoroughly enjoyed it. For our entree my wife & I both had the Seafood with Basil(our main reason for coming here) which was excellent. It was so good that I ate it very slow to savor the taste & so that it would last.. and my daughter had the Le Basil Beef Massaman Curry,, she’s 10yo, loved it & finished it. It’s a smaller restaurant with a few booths & tables & a nice comfortable atmosphere. You can’t dispute that the food here is delicious! Also our server, an middle aged Asian gentleman was so polite & helpful. He even brought my daughter a sample of the curry sauce before she ordered.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Palm Springs, California
“Many Vegan Thai and Vietnamese Choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I just had my first experience of Le Basil for their lunch special. There are many items on the menu with a v next to it. This means they can make it as a vegan version. I felt very supported and cared about in my continued vegan quest. There are many fresh vegetable dishes.

The husband and wife team are great together. They are both very easy to talk to and take pride in their restaurant. The additional cooks have been with them since they opened so it feels like a family restaurant. The place is clean and peaceful inside. On the far wall you can read about their prize reviews from the local newspaper. It is located on the corner, next to Vons with plenty of parking and easy to find.

I opted for the soup (soup or salad with lunch special entree that also comes with rice), vegan version. I had to first pick up the bowl to smell it, mmmm....that was the first experience, smelling the food before tasting it. It was something I could have ordered as a main course, but I want to try their salad next time with their special Thai dressing. I opted for the eggplant with tofu. It was very yummy. With the small v next to entrees, I will come back and try many dishes, vegan version.

I spoke with Orn, co-owner and chef, about the deserts. There is one, hopefully they have it available when you go, that is coconut ice cream, vegan, made from coconut milk. They actually import this from Thailand. It made everything else feel that much more authentic. Orn insists on cooking with fresh ingredients. Everything is made the same day, fresh as can be, or else it is not in Orn's kitchen. She is a perfectionist and rightly so to be a restaurant owner and chef.

The prices are reasonable as well. But for me, as soon as I saw that they cared about vegans, I was comfortable from the start. I will keep returning to this Thai restaurant and recommend it to my friends. Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere