“Basic, but safe, clean, great location.” 4 of 5 stars

Inn at Deep Canyon
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   74470 Abronia Trail, Palm Desert, CA 92260   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Palm Desert B&B and Inns
Southern Cali
“Basic, but safe, clean, great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night since I work in the area and we are looking for a place to live nearby. We got a great deal on the room even for summer rates, and they gave us a large room with a fireplace! Although it is summer and we didn't use the fireplace, it was very generous of them. The rooms are slightly dated and used, but clean and comfy. The air worked great, which is important. The door opened right on he pool area, which we did use. It was clean and quiet. The staff was nice even for our brief stay. I liked that the parking area was very well lit. The location was great for a Palm desert visit! Close to El Paseo, the mall, and a grocery store strip. There's a gas starion and a restraunt/bar within walking distance. Subway and a liquor store are right next door, but don't worry, the area felt clean, safe, and free of unsavory characters. The hotel and amenities are nothing to write home about, but if you want a clean, safe, decent room for a good price, stay here. Oh, the wifi is free too! It's far better than paying a higher price for something that offers amenities you won't use and just looks a tad prettier. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The rooms are spacious, clean, and the kitchenette stocked with cooking/dining basics was invaluable and the staff is very friendly. The continental breakfast was a nice touch. They also provide pool towels. There is a grocery store, fast food an most importantly (for some) a Starbucks within walking distance. I will go again!

Room Tip: all rooms are nice...they have a combination of 1 or 2 beds and 1 or 2 fold-out couch to accommodate...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Great weekend. Room was clean and very spacious. Balcony with chairs and tables, friendly staff, clean well kept grounds. It's hot in August so spent most of the weekend in the pool. Enjoyed myself so much I am returning this august with more friends.

• Stayed August 2011
Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I liked this older motel. The location is great, Starbucks is across Highway 111. It is an older U-shaped 2 story motel with a pool in the center. Parking is in their lot or on a very quiet back street. It's a quiet place and they are willing to make sure it stays that way with an on-site manager that sleeps there. My room was super clean, at least as clean as any of the larger places, it had a refrigerator, microwave, flatscreen TV and wireless internet access. The bed was great. I would stay here again, it would serve as a great place to catch some rest or use as a post to explore the valley from. My only trouble was the BBQ on the pool deck, it was too close to my room. I went out on the patio and asked them to move it but the fumes were already in my room. I left for awhile and when I got back I had to open my door and turn on the bathroom fan to finish pulling the fumes through the room. I didn't bother the management with this issue, the people on the BBQ were very understanding and helpful - they even offered to feed me!

Room Tip: If you are going to be at the motel during the day and want to hang out by the pool, you definitely...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Southern California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Found this motel on one of the daily deal websites. We checked in at 3:15 PM (3:00 PM check-in time) to get a nice room but were given an outside corner room looking at the parking lot. Apparently, 30 of the 32 rooms have patios, chairs, tables and pool views...ours was one of two that did not. The motel is touted as dog friendly for $10 extra per night. We were told upon check-in that our well behaved and well traveled dog was not allowed in the courtyard or by the pool.

The motel looked very 60s but not because they were trying to look retro, stuff was just old and worn out. Stains covered the carpet in our room (see photo), the drawers on the dresser broken and the furniture dated. For a reason that I don't understand, our mattress still had the shipping plastic on it (from when it was new) which made a crunching sound every time you moved in the bed at night. We were not enjoying this desert experience and asked if we could move to a different room or check out 1 day early...we were told no.

On the positive side, the continental breakfast was good and the location convenient.

With so many great choices in the Palm Springs area, we would not even consider going back to the Inn at Deep Canyon at any price. Too bad, we come to this area a dozen times a year for business and pleasure.

Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here on a Living Social special for the weekend. We didn't really expect too much because of the price. Boy, were we wrong! This little 50's style hotel is just what we were looking for. Unpretentious, clean, friendly and central to everything. There is a major grocery store across the street. There is a Subway, Panda Express and Domino's Pizza right across the street. Even though the place is centrally located, it somehow is away from the noise and congestion of HWY 111. The continental breakfast was a little sparse but for the money, it's a feast. Really, this place was great in a sweet kind of way. Staff extremely friendly, rooms extremely clean as well. Pet friendly and the pool is open 24 hours a day. Will definitely be back this summer for a quick getaway from the city!!!

Room Tip: Rooms 110 and 111 are the king size rooms with the front door away from the pool. All the rooms are...
WESTMINSTER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

It’s all about expectations. We were grateful to find a pet friendly room that charged a reasonable rate for our pet ($10 per night vs. the $75 we were finding at most hotels).

Michelle, the front desk manager was a delight. She was very helpful and insisted on coming out to the car to meet doggie. She’s a true animal lover.

When we were about town I emailed Michelle several times from my phone asking her questions about dog parks, shopping, etc. and she very gracious and helpful.

The grounds are nice and the hotel is in a quite location off the main drag.

Yes it is older and yes it is basic, but the rates reflect this. Our room was very clean and we felt very comfortable.

Hot and cold breakfast was available. Part of the offering were breakfast sandwiches from the local Carl’s Jr. They have a nice breakfast room and they also provide trays to bring your food to your room.

The only warning I would give is be aware that the inn is “European Green” and does not automatically provide all the bathroom amenities you may be used to. The bathroom soap is from a wall dispenser as is the shower soap. Soap bars are available at the front desk if you prefer. I don’t remember if there was hair conditioner, but I think shampoo was provided. Be safe and check before you leave home.

We would stay again. If you are expecting basic, clean, friendly accommodations – you will be very pleased.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Deep Canyon? Share your experiences!