“Top Notch Steakhouse” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Hawaii
“Top Notch Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is the second time that I have eaten here....I returned because my first experience here was phenomenal. My second visit was no dissapointment. The service is excellent. I'm not a wine drinker, but their wine selection and offerings is world class. Everything that I have eaten here is top notch without making you feel intimidated. I would highly recommend eating here. Items of note: bone-in filet mignon, seafood, steaks, lobster tail.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco, California
“excellent steak house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I would come to the pala casino just to have dinner here. Great menu selection of steaks and seafood. I loved my lobster bisk. extensive wine selection .

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“a gem inside a casino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We live about 1.5hr drive from the Pala Casino in California. Our friend told us their buffet is the best around LA area, which we agree as the price was good for the selection of seafood and freshly grilled steaks. We arrived around 7pm on Saturday, but the line was 1.5hrs wait and we were hungry. So we decided to go to the steak and seafood house next door. Wow, were we pleasantly surprised.

The atmosphere looks classy and sophiscated, we knew the price is not going to be cheap, but the alluring fragrance of grilled steaks in the air just does not allow you to turn around to leave. While we were looking over the menu, the head chef Thomas stopped by the table to say hello and explained everything and made recommendations for us. He mentioned all their steaks were aged and ingredients are fresh.

We ended up ordering French Onion soup, and that's the BEST I've had so far, as we can taste the beef stock in the light soup, not too salty like many fancy restaurants makes them. We also had a salad with honey mustard dressing. When I first looked at the salad I thought they forgot to put the dressing on it, but when I tasted it, it was covered with honey mustard flavor, yet so light it was refreshing. We were told all their Fresh Maine Lobster was average 3lbs in size, but unlike other restaurant where 2/3 of the weight is the head, this one had a large pairs of claws and so much tail meat that the 3 of us had to stuff them down. The lobster meat was juicy and fresh, excellently prepared.

I ordered the 18oz rib-eye to share with my mom, and my husband ordered New York Steak, our steaks came in a hot grilling pan that the waiter picked up the pieces from the pan to place on our plates at the table. Buttery crispy outside with juicy medium rare inside was grilled to perfection! Our side dishes were grilled pencil asparagus and grilled mushrooms. I was surprised to see the mushrooms was a mixture of button mushrooms and shitaki mushrooms, which makes it more fragrance and tasty.

We were sooo full that we had to take the steaks home. But we had to order some dessert, I usually order black coffee to wash down the all-too-sweet desserts, but the chocolate cake was lighter than most restaurants and not as sweet, which I was able to eat it while drinking my cappucino.

All in all, everything was prepared to perfection, price is what to expect in a fancy restaurant, but well worth the price. We would highly recommend this one. My photos do not do the dishes justice, but only serve for reference.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manama, Bahrain
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our waiter Matt was awesome. The wine selection was great and the filet mingon will melt in your mouth. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
San Diego
“Wish it had been better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Oak room has a nice interior and is a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the casino action just outside the door. Our waiter was attentive so no negatives on the service. Sadly two items were a downer. The first sadly was the food most of our party (6) ordered steak and the steaks were on average mediocre at best. I ordered a ribeye medium rare and it came out as requested however the outside was chard as if it was cooked Pittsburg style. Most of us agreed that the meat was over cooked on the outside and the steaks were tuff. This is the not the quality that I would expect from a higher end steak house with premium prices but more from the buffet next door. We were there for an event or we would have sent the steaks back if we had had time. As an FYI the Oak Room was not full so that is no excuse. The blame rests fully on the kitchen staff. Talking to other folks later that had eaten in the Oak room they voiced similar complaints.
The second downer is that the restrooms for the upper end steak house is shared by the main buffet and are small. There was a wait to get into either the men’s or the ladies bath rooms. Also the staff had clearly not been able to keep up with the high usage so the trash was a bit much. Also in the ladies room a lady was drunk, getting sick and was about to pass out so Security had to be called to take care of the problem. When we asked the manager to call security their comment was “…it’s like that all the time…” If you are eating at their “high end” steak house this is not the experience you anticipate.
Next time we will stick to the buffet or the noodle house. I hope management fixes these problems since Pala is a great property.

• Visited June 2013