“A Great Getaway....” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“A Great Getaway....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I reserved a very nice room for a Birthday Celebration back in November 2012. I had a cake delivered and a banner was set up. When we arrived we were checked in within 10 mins. Upon entering the room the setting was very nicely set up with plates, folks,knives,napkins, the setting was good. I really did enjoy the stay. The next day we all had lunch out by the pool; the food was a little slow getting out to the table but, it was very good. The setting outside was fabulous! I will be back there again, soon.

Room Tip: We had a mountain view room, very quiet, any location is good because in reality your there in the c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fountain Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I am sitting in the lobby of the hotel. We were just told that instead of the 30 minute wait time, it could be another 2 1/2 wait for our room. We will probably not make the Don Rickles show on time. The road down here was like an Eticket at Disneyland. Traffic was horrible. What should have taken 1 1/2 hours took over 2 1/2 hours. Please don't bother to come. Staying home would be better.

Stayed February 2013
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had a great time at Pala. After a stay in downtown San Diego for business, wife and I headed up to relax at Pala Casino Resort, where a grand suite awaited us.
Big huge room with both a living room, dining area and large master suite. Room also had 1 1/2 bath. Master bath was huge and the shower was party sized, easily 6'x8'..just the shower! Three shower heads and more. Turndown service at night comes with a small complimentary lip balm and bottled water in the room is also complementary.
Gaming was good. I had a couple hand pays and other large wins, and while I may not have come out ahead, I did come away feeling the play was fair and I had a good time.
I have said at Pala before, this was my first time in a suite, and as with last time, it was a nice comfortable relaxing time.

Room Tip: The suite's are worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I could be biased because I just checked out this morning; however, I love this place. The casino is always clean and the staff is very friendly.

I am here at least once a week, so I can tell you the machines are great.

I love the new poker room, spacious and clean.

This casino has Choices buffet which is my favorite buffet of all time. The food is flawless and the selection is insane. This buffet puts all the others, including Barona and Valley View, to SHAME.

I've stayed at the hotel several times and I can tell you the rooms are beautiful.

I love the junior suites especially room 725. It is right next to the elevator, across the hall from the ice machine. It also has a bathroom twice the size of the bedroom with a 4 person shower, a huge jacuzzi bathtub, complimentary spa products.....I could go on for days. All the rooms in this hotel are top notch with great linens, flat panel tv's and comfy beds.

Very nice High Limit room. They even have a free private buffet/lounge in there for their VIP players.

The only problem I have with this casino.......You very rarely see a waitress on the slot floor taking orders.

They do have 2 self-serve beverage stations (one at each end of the casino) but they are ALWAYS OUT OF ICE. No matter what day/time I'm there.......NO ICE.

The steakhouse here is amazing. So is the cafe and the Asian Noodles restaurant. Even the deli in the food court has one of the best Philly Cheese steaks I've ever had....and HUGE portions.

The spa is orgasmic. The ambiance is so serene and beautiful. The 50 minute massage and 25/50 min facial is divine.

Room Tip: This hotel only has 10 floors. Any room you get (pool or mountains) is a beautiful view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just spent two nights in one of their Luxury Suites and came away very impressed. Not only was the room clean and spacious, the view overlooking the valley was awesome. The only problem we experienced was the constant coming and going all night long of what we assume were service vehicles, including the incessant "beep-beep-beep" of vehicles backing up. Otherwise the service was outstanding from the moment we arrived, including the food service in-room and at the many fine restaurants. Portions were huge, the food was great and very affordable for a casino resort. We had an amazing meal in The Oak Room. Although a bit pricey, the experience was well worth the money. One other caveat was that it was difficult to find an affordable blackjack table both evenings. Seats were available at the high end tables, but trying to find a seat at a $10 table was a problem. No $5 tables at all.......
All in all, a great experience. We hope to return again sometime soon.
Larry R

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I hate casinos and I hate gambling....anywhere! That being said, because I love people who love to gamble, I tried to make the best of it, but I wanted to make certain that the casino had a nice hotel and great restaurants. Pala does!!!! Conveniently located just under an hour away from downtown San Diego, this is ideal for a quick get away.

TIP: SIGN UP FOR THE FREE, PRIVILEGES CARD EVEN IF YOU DON'T GAMBLE. THERE ARE DISCOUNTS FOR RESTAURANTS AVAILABLE THROUGH USE OF THE CARD.

The rooms are spacious and modern, clean and full of goodies like a full mini-bar, room service and pay--per-views movies with first run movies.

The sushi bar has an amazing variety of incredibly fresh and top shelf sushi and a wonderful selection of sake. The service was fabulous.

The Oak Room is a serene and luxurious oasis in the midst of a noisy casino. Great selection of steaks and fish, we enjoyed a wonderful meal. Service also excellent.

The lower end restaurants are just that. The service at the Pala Cafe was terrible, and the food was average. The coffee at the coffee shop was mediocre at best and bitter.

My gambling relatives enjoyed the casino but as non-smokers, they found the condition only "tolerable". They wished there were more non-smoking sections. That being said, they thought the conditions were better than Vegas and not so bad that they needed to cut their time at the tables short!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I dislike casinos very much so when we won a night at Pala Casino R&S we were not too excited. We decided to make the best of it, and at least enjoy the night off and dinner at Mama Cucina's which was included in the package. When we pulled up, it was a huge high rise, which is not something we generally go for, but it was out in the country with mountain views which were pretty. When we got into our room, it was awesome! Because it was my birthday, they had a little happy birthday sign on the wall. Huge everything, huge desk, tv, bathroom, lots of space. Everything seemed new and clean. Even the soap dish was marble. Dinner was delicious at Mama Cucina's Italian restaurant and the waiter was excellent. We were given a birthday dessert which was yummy! I was bound and determined to gamble at least for 5 minutes, just for fun. Ok, nothing surprising here, the casino was a little stuffy and it appeared that there was no smoking section (although not sure), as we smelled smoke as we walked through the gambling area. There was also a slight sweet smell, like vanilla, that was kind of mixing with the slight smoke smell. So I gambled for about 10 minutes on the slots, and ended up losing a dollar, but I really don't know much about how to do it. The next morning we ordered coffees at the coffee bar , which were delicious, and had poolside breakfast outside. Because it was chilly, we had a heater. The food also very good. So all in all, we were pleasantly surprised, and had a great time at Pala, other than the casino part. We would go there again! (we never thought we'd say that!)

Room Tip: We asked for quiet, and they gave us a quiet room on top (10th) floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pala Casino Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!