“Pala Resort and Casino-nice way to celebrate birthday!” 5 of 5 stars

11154 Hwy 76, Pala, CA 92059   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Pala
GreenLeadersBronze level
SAN DIEGO
“Pala Resort and Casino-nice way to celebrate birthday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed 3 nights Oct 14,15 &16 for my birthday ,arranged by my love. She booked a petite suite but on arrival we were upgraded to a Luxury Suite on the tenth floor with a wonderful mountain view. The resort is about 6 miles off I 5 and arises unexpectedly in the middle of nowhere. The isolation and our room provided a quiet and tranquil setting. The casino always had live entertainment.
We started each morning with a trip to the jacuzzi and pool-got a little sun. Over the three days , we had NY steak and eggs at Pala cafe; cleaned up, gambled a bit and lunched at Noodles; watched a little TV and attended wonderful happy hour at Amigos-great steak tacos. We made our donations and got a lot of fun play on many of the loose slot machines. All in all, this is a terrific staycation for us San Diegans 45 minutes away; they even offer some interesting entertainment like Don Rickles and Debbie Reynolds on Feb 16th 2013. Please check out our photos..Pala is swellah ">))

Room Tip: try happy hour at Amigos...4-6pm...steak tacos

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have stayed at the Pala Resort many times. A great place for a weekend getaway or a midweek stay. Make sure to stop by Amigos for their street tacos, happy hour is from 4 to 8 everyday. They have a large pool, great place to rent a cabana and spend the day relaxing. Outside concerts are also a must, very fun.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but the superior suite is very nice.
Descanso, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

It was well worth the 60 mile trip It takes me to get here. Although I have only been here three times I have been comped generously each time. I have also been getting real free play coupons in the mail. The staff and pit bosses actually go out of their way to make you have a pleasant experience,unlike a nameless casino in Alpine.
They have gourmet restaurants here the Kobe steak was excellent at the steak house,and their Italien restaurant was first rate. Many table games,one complaint some of the blackjack tables are 6-5 ,please avoid these ripoff games.

Fremont, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I'm only reviewing the hotel. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Nice decor, and I loved the bathroom. Huge! Separate shower and tub. Free parking. Just hate the smoke smell when you enter the place but what can ya do?? They don't allow coolers or any alcohol in the rooms so be smart and pack the drinks in your luggage.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a very nice property.....rooms are large and beds are comfy! The casino isn't the biggest I've seen but very nice with lots of free entertainment. Me and my husband stay here at least a couple of nights a month its our favorite. Unlike the other reviewers we aren't buffet people but really enjoy the sushi bar and Amigo's for happy hour...... Cheap beer and $1 street taco's. What more could you ask for....oh did I mention the friendly bar staff.....Steve is our favorite. But back to the hotel room, like I said beautiful large room, great bathroom with a large soaking tub and lots of room for your stuff. This place is totally worth the drive....try it you'll find yourself hooked.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the place.....you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was recommended to this hotel because of their buffet. So, I decided to take my sister for a relaxing get away. The room was beautiful. The bathroom was luxurious and the buffet was (let's just say, my co-worker really received bragging rights for that recommendation).

The staff was exceptionally pleasant from making the reservations to checking out. I can't see the hotel having a bad view no matter which room you choose. It is tucked away surrounded by mountains.

Finally, the Choices buffet is a must. There's something for everyone. I must admit, I didn't really care for their Lobster night but it's because I don't like lobster and that was the main dish in every area. The buffet gives you different areas to choose from, hence the name CHOICES. And if you are a dessert lover, you will be pleasantly pleased.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I have been going to Pala Casino for a couple of nights each month for several years. We have always had a fantastic time. Everyone who works there is so friendly and willing to help make your stay better in any way they can. Love the pool bar and always make it a point to begin our stay there, especially if we get there a little early and our room isn't quite ready. We always request a pool view room and they are immaculately clean and beautiful and also a good size. The buffet is awesome but if we're not hungry enough for the buffet, the coffee shop has great food and great service too. Amigos Restaurant has a very nice outside bar too that offers delicious street tacos for happy hour. Simply put: love, love, love this hotel/casino. It's close enough for a quick getaway and helps get rid of the Vegas itch without the long drive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pala Casino Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!