“Don't miss Amigo's for the happy hour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pala
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Don't miss Amigo's for the happy hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a very nice property.....rooms are large and beds are comfy! The casino isn't the biggest I've seen but very nice with lots of free entertainment. Me and my husband stay here at least a couple of nights a month its our favorite. Unlike the other reviewers we aren't buffet people but really enjoy the sushi bar and Amigo's for happy hour...... Cheap beer and $1 street taco's. What more could you ask for....oh did I mention the friendly bar staff.....Steve is our favorite. But back to the hotel room, like I said beautiful large room, great bathroom with a large soaking tub and lots of room for your stuff. This place is totally worth the drive....try it you'll find yourself hooked.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the place.....you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was recommended to this hotel because of their buffet. So, I decided to take my sister for a relaxing get away. The room was beautiful. The bathroom was luxurious and the buffet was (let's just say, my co-worker really received bragging rights for that recommendation).

The staff was exceptionally pleasant from making the reservations to checking out. I can't see the hotel having a bad view no matter which room you choose. It is tucked away surrounded by mountains.

Finally, the Choices buffet is a must. There's something for everyone. I must admit, I didn't really care for their Lobster night but it's because I don't like lobster and that was the main dish in every area. The buffet gives you different areas to choose from, hence the name CHOICES. And if you are a dessert lover, you will be pleasantly pleased.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I have been going to Pala Casino for a couple of nights each month for several years. We have always had a fantastic time. Everyone who works there is so friendly and willing to help make your stay better in any way they can. Love the pool bar and always make it a point to begin our stay there, especially if we get there a little early and our room isn't quite ready. We always request a pool view room and they are immaculately clean and beautiful and also a good size. The buffet is awesome but if we're not hungry enough for the buffet, the coffee shop has great food and great service too. Amigos Restaurant has a very nice outside bar too that offers delicious street tacos for happy hour. Simply put: love, love, love this hotel/casino. It's close enough for a quick getaway and helps get rid of the Vegas itch without the long drive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I'm addicted!! I just plain and simple "LOVE" this place. It's a few minutes further than the other 2 large casinos, but worth the drive. It's small, quaint, great spa services, and a buffet to die for.
My only complaint is that the buffet lines are a bit long, but the food is worth it so get there an hour before you're really hungry. My other complaint was that the last time we had a room we were given a luxe suite at $250.00 a night, it was suite 501 across from the parking and the air conditioning units were very loud and kept us up. This was the only bad experience I have had here, but I will always keep coming back. The service is excellent throughout. Oh, one more thing, on the weekends the valet gets full early.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms ending with 00-25 numbers, I had 501 and it was noisy A/Coutside.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I've been going to Pala Casino on and off since it first opened in 2001. I go there about once or twice a year whenever I visit family and friends in San Diego and I've always found it to be a pleasant experience. If gambling is your thing, particularly slots, there are a lot of machines here and a decent-sized non-smoking section. The casino's food court has a decent selection of restaurants. I've eaten at Choices, Pala's buffet, and the food there is pretty good. I've stayed with my parents in the hotel once a year the past 5 years or so. The rooms are pretty spacious and the bathrooms are also pretty big and include both a shower stall and tub. They've updated their TVs in recent years to HDTVs but I wish their cable service was also in HD. Internet currently costs about $12 for 12 hours and you need to bring your own Cat 5 cable which is kind of a pain as many hotels have wireless nowadays. My parents are cardmembers at the casino so we've always had a room with a decent view when I visit with them, but be aware that there are some hotel rooms that directly face the parking structure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

1. Check in...Room not ready at 5p.m.? Seriously??? 2. Checkout...charged my card twice without consent, waited for 15 minutes and manager would not come out to speak to me, my money is not in my account and all I heard was "sorry". How do you run a business like this? 3. Went to guest services and asked if I could have a complaint card and she told me they didn't have any more...Shocking!!! That should be your first clue that your customers aren't happy!

• Stayed September 2012
Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Will go back again....the service at this resort was excellent. We ate at the Pala cafe and the food was very good and the portions are BIG! Dinner at the Italian restaurant was excellent. Lots of games to play in the well ventilated casino.. We are non-smokers and were not bothered by smoke. Our room was roomy, clean and the bed very comfortable. The jacuzzi tub was the best I've been in and the amenities in the bathroom lovely. Just wish some rooms had balconies so we could sit out and enjoy the wonderful weather. The pool is on the small size but sparkling clean and lots of lounges to lie out on. Lots of families with children where using the pool the day we were there and next to the pool is a large grassy area for kids to play on so this place is family friendly as well. Will recommend this resort to friends but check-in is 4:00pm and our room was not available early so be aware of that.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pala Casino Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!