“great place to drop in and feel like home” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 80 Restaurants in Pacifica
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
pacifica
“great place to drop in and feel like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

We went there for our rehearsal dinner for our wedding and dropped in with around 15 people and he welcomed us himself. Then gave us a free dinner when we left. Good food at a good price and everyone felt comfortable while they were there. Great place to eat and I was raised by a gourmet italian cook.

pacifica, ca.
“great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2008

I've eaten at Luigi's several times and have not been disappointed yet. The pizza is good. I had one with onion on it and they took the time to carmelize the onion first, great touch and added yet another flavor to the pizza. My wife swears by the spagetti sauce. She orders the pasta and always orders extra sauce on the side! I have to admit that his sauce is really good. The complex mingling of all the familiar flavors in the sauce is stellar! It tastes like it was cooked slowly for days! Luigi makes his garlic bread from pizza dough and it is unique and flavorful. I really liked Luigis' interpretation of the classic ceaser salad. The dressing was not emulsified and there were small bits of sardine in the dressing. I would eat there any time.

Pacifica, CA
“Okay, but Never again!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2008

I have eaten at Italian Restaurants all around the world and sad to say Luigi's did not measure up to any of the others. Staff is very nice and helpful. Luigi is a very pleasant older gentleman. The restaurant was clean and nice, but too brightly lit, dimmers would be nice. The salad was fresh and crisp, the Italian dressing was a little bland. The garlic bread was very good. I ordered one of the house specialties "Rice Ball", it's sort of like a meat ball but with rice on the outside, dipped in some sort of batter, then deep fried and served in tomato sauce. It was nice, but I wouldn't want a second one. I ordered the Egg Plant Parm. It was an ample amount of food and looked yummy, but one taste and I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat it. I can't really describe the taste, but it didn't agree with my Italian palate. I heard the pizza there is very good. Maybe I should have had it instead!! Sorry Lugi, I really wanted to like it!!

Pacifica, California
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

The food is real good.....lots of different Italian specalties....The Pizza is very good and they deliver, if you are into that....real nice staff and the owner Luigi gets up in the morning and makes all the dough by hand fresh each day...They even got beer from Italy.....:o) I eat there alot