“Best ocean view, bargain price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pacifica
Spring, Texas
“Best ocean view, bargain price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

A great little hotel right on the beach. Went to bed every night to the sound of the crashing waves and slept like a baby. Great location with the P-Town coffee caboose across the street and Nick's Seafood next door. We had a blast. We even saw the whales feeding right there in the cove. I can't think of a bad thing about this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Czech first
Tel Aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

March is off season, yet the view from our two double bed room, of foamy crashing waves, and the lovely sound they made all night long made our stay so special that we extended two nights. It is a simple property but clean, well run, with a friendly helpful staff. The rates jump a lot on weekends, so make sure you know before you extend! We were mesmerized by the view from a spacious comfortable and very clean room. Would definitely return to this property.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Santa Monica, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I researched a lot of hotels in San Francisco and saw how expensive it was to stay in a nicer hotel plus you have to pay about $40-$50 for parking! I was renting a car anyway so looked at other options. Pacifica is a small town right on the beach. It is only about 15 miles away from the city center and very easy to drive in and out. The view from the hotel was amazing. We stayed in a partial ocean view which was basically had a view of the ocean. I would say the floors are very thin though so the people above you sounds like they are going to come through the roof which isn't good at 6am. I would definitely try to request the 4th floor. Also I am sure that the 1st and 2nd floors would not be as good of a view. Hike around the hotel and go to the beach! Moonraker is a very nice restaurant as well

• Stayed March 2013
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

One of our favorites, right on the beasch, nice restaurants nearby. A little worn in spots, this is an older property and at times kids and dogs are all over, but can't be beat in the off season. You can listen to the waves as you fall asleep. Beds and bedding were NICE!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a great view of the ocean, some not so much, but you can hear the surf from wherever...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I travelled alone to pacifica for peace and quet and some downtime. I liked the ocean nearby as I live with the mountains in Calgary Alberta, the hotel staff were very nice and accommodating, they let me check in early. What I liked was, the room was clean, the ocean, close proximity to Safeway, spacious rooms, I didn't have a fireplace but thermostat was ok to keep warm. Keep drapes closed and the room is warmer. I ate twice at nicks and it was ok, though pricey. 24.00 for one for lunch. I had a burger at rockin robs around the corner, was to die for,yummy, had a burger fries and ceasar salad, 19.00. What I didn't like, room far away from lobby and no way to get there other than going through parkade, that I could find. The furniture was old, looked like a dog got at the chair, bathroom door was peeling and chipping from the bottom, screen on balcony was not on track at all. The balcony one could not get on it. One could not sit and enjoy the view from inside the room as it had a double railing with dowels you could not see through.. On my last nite there march 8/2013 there was quite a wind and the whistling through the balcony doors was awful. Im thankful remembered my slippers, carpet very dirty, the bottom of my slippers looked like they had been worn outside for a year. Would I stay again, probably, but only for 1 nite, not the 4 I did. Not much to do unless you have a car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Paradise California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

So we are traveling down the coast from Oregon and decided last night that we will stay @ the Best Western becasue we had stayed there years before and we wanted an ocean view. Ha, ha, ha! I got an ocean view suite, if you look to the left or look to the right. If you look out the slider straight ahead you see the roof of the Moonraker. If I hadn't paid so much for an oceanview room I wouldn't have cared so much. The room is adequate and at least you can still hear the wonderful sound of the surf. We are surrounded by lots of areas to walk also, that we have enjoyed very much.

Room Tip: I guess you would need to be sure to say ocean "front" instead of ocean "view".
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rocklin, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

First, let me say the location is amazing! Room was nice, clean yet two things detracted from it immensely. One, upon arrival, I was informed my fireplace was not functioning. On an extremely chilly night, as a couple, it would have would have made a nice room amazing. Two, the non-opening side of the balcony had these extremely tight wooden bars making a view from the couch an absolute strain. I understand there may be safety requirements that I do not realize but, nonetheless, it did take away from the view. Also, they had a sign in the vanity area saying that if you forgot one of the listed necesities, see the lobby office. I did forget my comb yet upon inquiry, was told they were out.

If I was to return, I would rather book a beah front room vs. a partial cove.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Lighthouse Hotel? Share your experiences!