“Fire Roasted Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

877-625-2929
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Surf Spot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 80 Restaurants in Pacifica
Cuisines: American, Californian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Pacifica, CA
“Fire Roasted Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This unique quality restaurant is definitely worth the trip to Pacifica. Nestled on a hillside overlooking one of the best surfing beaches in northern Ca (Rockaway), The Surf Spot features a variety of cuisine from other famous surfing spots around the globe. We loved the Vietnamese chicken wings, their oven roasted pizza and bacon wrapped dates, corn chowder and pork roast. yum!

They have a fire roasted pizza oven and BBQ spit imported from Texas for some juicy smokey flavor. Drinks are fun and varied. I like the scotch infused beer.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Great place... excellent service :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We were in San Francisco the last weekend of December 2012 & a friend of ours invited us for lunch in this awesome place.

OK as for the food, I had their huge Surf Spot Burger... I'm not really a meat eater but since the burger is named after the name of the resto, so I presumed it would be great & it was !!! We also had their Left Coast Clam Chowder soup & wow... it was one of the best Clam Chowder soup I've ever had... really I mean it. You should try it yourself :)

My wifey had their Cesar Salad & she shared some with me & it was great too. The wait staff are customer service oriented & are super friendly, too (I hope they'll keep up with this).

Overall... food & service, I gave it a 5-star. Check out this awesome place :)

Visited December 2012
Pacifica, California
“Worth a Try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

After much anticipation my wife and I finally tried this restaurant for dinner this past week. Walking in you find yourself in a setting that is avant garde leaving you in anticipation of a unique dining experience. The dinner menu is limited with entries that are different from the norm. But in my experience that is where it ends. My interest was piqued by the Flaming Polynesian chicken that had "llimited availability" according to the menu. My waiter said that it was indeed available so I figured I would try it. My wife, not being a big eater, decided to try the calamari appetizer with an order of roasted asparagus. After a brief wait our orders were brought to us. My Flaming Chicken was no more than a roasted chicken served on top of a bed of coconut fried rice accompanied by steamed asparagus. The chicked was good, but nothing special. The coconut fried rice was different and tasty, and the asparagus was as to be expected. My wife's calamari was pasty and somewhat greasy and left some type of after taste to the palate. Her roasted asparagus were stalks with the leafy tops removed, they were not worth the effort. For dessert my wife had an apple crisp with a very small scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It was just so so, nothing to write home about. On the other hand I had a salted caramel pudding which was different and very tasty. My total food bill, with no drinks, was $49.80. This place in my opinion is deserving of a 3 1/2 star rating, better than the average but short of higher expectations.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winter Park, Florida
“Fun Dining,Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Was so glad that our hotel staff recommended such a great place! The restaurant was buzzing when we arrived...couples and families. The menu is creative..tapas portions were great and we so enjoyed all our food. Would definitely say it is worth a visit.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stockton, California
“Don't let the size fool you!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant may be small in size but large in portions, quality and service. If you find yourself driving on the highway 1 through Pacific CA make it a stop for some very good dinning.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere