“Fresh $1 Oysters at Happy Hour!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Moonraker is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Pacifica
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: highway 1
“Fresh $1 Oysters at Happy Hour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We're from the east coast and wanted fresh dungeness crab claws. It was a toss-up between Nick's across the street and Moonraker (on the Best Western Hotel property). The Moonraker got our business because they served delicious $1 fresh oysters on the 1/2 shell during Happy Hour (4pm-6:30pm). The dungeness prices (and view) were comparable. Nick's serves the dungeness chilled; whereas, the Moonraker serves it with seasoning and steamed. We prefer dungeness warm and without seasoning so we didn't exactly get what we were craving. Tip: Moonraker's dungeness was good but if you're not a fan of seasoned crab, ask if they will steam it without.

Visited August 2013

San Francisco
“New favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Took my mother for Mother's Day brunch here in May, and my husband for Father's day in June, both great. The venue is beautiful, with three tiers of seating, so everyone gets a gorgeous ocean view. The service is great, the staff is both knowledgable and personable. But the food is the standout, obviously, we recommend the Sea Food sampler platter (1/2 platter is plentiful appetizer for 2, it's enormous), the wild boar pasta and the crabcakes are great. They have a nice wine selection, including half-bottles, we got a wonderful little Pinot Noir that was the cherry on top.

Visited June 2013
“Simply Wonderful! Go During Sunset!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

On my way home from work I told my husband I was craving seafood so he made last minute reservations to Moonracker. I was frustrated because my bus was running late to get home. We were just a few minutes late for our reservation and when I saw the views I was amazed. The kind and polite hostess greeted us and took us to a table facing the water and we got there just in time for the sunset!! We opened our menu and everything was nicely categorized. My husbands mouth was watering the second he opened the menu. There was a discrepancy in the menu. His menu said Crab Legs and Petite Filet and mine said Crab Legs and Kobe Beef. We showed this to our server and he said the Kobe was no longer available but that he would check with the chef. He came back and said that was not a problem!! Normally we like to order different entrees but not thus time! We ordered for apps, 1/2 lb of King Crab (we love crab) and the Fried Shishito Peppers. Both were presented beautifully and the Shishito Peppers with Black Hawaiian Sea Salt were delicious, I practically ate all of them myself. The different sauces with the King Crab Legs were great, we saved them for our main entree. The bread rolls were yummy but a little to hot for my hands. Our Main Entrees came out and I took a pic right away before I dug in. The Kobe beef was cooked to perfection. The potatoes melted in your mouth and I was literally licking the garlic sauce off the crab legs. The white and green beans were also cook to perfection. However, the fried shoestring onions on the plate were a bit overlooked, the entree does not need them. We had ordered a bottle of Riesling and it paired perfectly with everything. I didn't think we would be able to eat dessert but we did. I got the cheese plate and my hubby got the bread pudding. Both amazing and I saved what little I had left with my wine to have with the cheese. Our server Milton was just fabulous and extremely knowledgable. He talked with us for a while about other great restaurants in the area. There was a nice crowd for a Friday night and don't be put off by this restaurant inside the Best Western! It was a perfect date night, we saw the sun set and we will be back very soon!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Million dollar view + good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The ocean view is amazing! The food is surprisingly good and had healthy options. The service is very good. The only thing I didn't like was a bit dated decor.

Visited May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Time for a drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We checked out the bar on the upper level to watch the sunset. The bar area is very nice, somewhat modern. Lots of high tables from which you have a perfect view to the ocean. Wine menu is small offering just one of kind of different whites and reds. The cocktail menu is very inovating with interesting drinks. Wine and drinks are very pricy. I ordered the So Pacific - Sauza Blue, Campari, and Pinapple with a very interesting, tasty salty-smoked paprika rim. Yum !!!

• Visited June 2013