“Getaway weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pacifica
Laughlin, Nevada
“Getaway weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel and the staff is very friendly. Our room was very clean and comfortable. They have a very nice breakfast. We will definitely stay there again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Definitely not the Holiday Inn I used to stay in when I was a child and we were traveling interstate. It certainly has changed. Needless to say, I was a little concerned about staying in a Holiday Inn when I was in the area for business. I didn't want to stay in the city, I wanted a little more peace and quiet and the serenity of the sea. I had hoped to enjoy some nice walks in the mornings and breathe some of the ocean air. Anyway, being the germaphobe that I am and having stayed at a few rather expensive dumps, I have learned from a skilled veteran that you may always ask to see the room prior to renting it! I did just that and I was quite pleased. Talk about a room with a view! WOW! My room was not only satisfactory, but it was awesome! The view was spectacular! It didn't even bother me one bit that I was there alone, I was going to enjoy every single minute of this! Okay, it isn't the RItz Carlton, but then again, I'm not paying for the Ritz either, but, I am getting the same view, ha! I did get a room with a jacuzzi tub, and it worked wonderfully. (Oh, by the way, do not use bubble bath in a jacuzzi, not even a tiny bit. Just a little piece of advice;) Oh, and crack the deck door a little if you plan to lounge for a while in the tub like I did. See, the heat builds up inside the room and unfortunately, they put the fire extinguisher right above the tub which began to alarm just as I was getting nice and comfy! So, there I was, grabbing for a towel, quickly opened the deck door and grabbed the desk chair and hotel info card to fan the alarm...just sure that any minute the Pacifica Fire Dept was going to show up at the door. They never did, but it's a funny story...now. Not so funny then.
I also had a deck, not a tiny deck stuck on the side of the building as an after thought, but a decent deck with a table and chairs. Now I was sad I didn't have a few people to call to share it with.
The staff was nice and there is a continental breakfast in the morning.
So close to San Francisco, you can be there in a matter of minutes. Also to SFO airport. Pacifica is such a great location, you've got beaches, walking trails and if you head south on HWY 1, Half Moon Bay is 10 min. and the drive is beautiful. Have a great time.

Room Tip: Ocean side for the best view, but the rooms are more expensive.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was our 2nd visit to HIE and Suites in Pacifica, CA. Great service and overall clean property. Although the carpet in room 211 needs to be replaced. If you want the Pacific Ocean without the crowds of San Francisco, this is the place. Walking trails and Rockaway Beach are just outside your door. Make sure to visit the shopes in the area around the hotel. Especailly the 'Grape in the Fog' restaurant and bar at the end of the street, Elizabeth will thake good care of you. Went spent 3 nights and have been very pleased with our stay. Breakfast was fast and easy with great attention to cleanliness. Always clearing tables and restocking the food. Menu changes daily. The beds were comfortable and bedding was clean. The AC (it was accually warm when we arrived) worked well, and we kept the fan running at night to drown out any unwanted noise. Although we never heard anything out of the ordinary. Very quiet in Pacifica. We loved it.

Room Tip: Just ask, they are very accomidating and knowledgble of their Hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My family stayed here for a couple of nights and loved it. We booked 2 rooms, one of them was a spacious 2-room suite since we have young kids, the other was a partial ocean view for my parents.

The 2-room suite came with a mini fridge, microwave and sink. The bedroom included a large jacuzzi tub which we took advantage of on both nights. The bathroom was a good size and had a shower stall with hot, hot water. The living room had a full-size sleeper sofa and a couple of small lounge chairs with an ottoman. A small table with 4 chairs was in front of the window. There was even a faux fireplace, I thought it was a oddly placed picture on the wall until my daughter figured out you could turn it on. When we did, it had "flames" in the frame and actually put out some heat. There was also a wraparound patio of sorts with table and chairs that was accessible from the bedroom and living room. The only unfortunate thing about the room was that it had no view whatsover - it faced the parking lot and the highway - so we didn't spend any time on the porch. We didn't notice much road and car noise at night and slept pretty soundly. I recommend not turning on the heat if you can help it, the heater was a bit loud.

The free breakfast was hot and decent - one morning was sausage, egg and cheese biscuits; the other was pancakes, bacon, potatoes and scrambled eggs. A mixed assortment of muffins, pastries, bagels and toast. 4 different kinds of cereal, plus oatmeal, boiled eggs, yogurt. Plenty of whole fruit. Coffee (with a lot of various creamers) and tea were available 24 hours. Fresh-baked cookies were put available at mid-morning.

The staff was very courteous and nice. I joined Priority Club with this reservation, and with that the girls received free snacks when we arrived and we were able to extend the checkout with no extra charge.

The hotel is just a block away from Rockaway Beach, behind the Seabreeze Motel and Nick's Seafood Restaurant. There's a walkway to the beach that hooks up to a paved trail. It goes a long way in both directions. Great for runners and walkers.

We picked Pacifica because we wanted to be between San Francisco and Half Moon Bay. It's only 20 minutes from the city, a very easy drive. And the hotel was a surprising gem in this area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Hotel located on the beach. Short drive to San Francisco. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Room was very clean--bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good...and free. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room with at least a partial ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Glenwood, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn in Pacifica, CA. many times over the years for work and it has always be decent. The rooms and overall facility are good and the majority of staff are friendly and helpful. The location is just on the outskirts of Pacifica and a short drive to San Fransisco so its ideal for the person looking to visit the area without the expense and noise associated with the crowds.

They only have a few rooms with balconies and the third floor on the south or west have the views of the ocean. For the walkers, the walking paths are just outside the hotel and there is a beach a short walk from the property. There is a restaurant around the corner called Nicks, that serves great sea food including a great crab sandwich.

All in all. For a weekend get away or short business trip this property is worth considering as a place to rest your head.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean side balcony suite. It is a little more expensive but great if you want to sit out...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

A bit far from SF but located smack on a scenic beach close to airport. Good service and breakfast. Reasonable price in a pricey region.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pacifica? Share your experiences!